PDA

View Full Version : Golden Globe awards

cassiesmom
01-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Did anyone else watch the Golden Globe awards yesterday? I thought Katherine Zeta-Jones (in green) and Piper Perabo (in black) looked beautiful and Michael Douglas looked pale but happy. A lot of the women's gowns were sort of a taupe-beige-grey color - pretty! Some of the younger women had brighter colors on, like Claire Danes and Emma Stone. And Joe Mantegna's daughter Gia looked beautiful assisting the presenters (I'm biased because he's from Chicago). I didn't like Ricky Gervais, but I'm not a fan of his anyway.

Freedom
01-17-2011, 03:28 PM
We watched them!

Ricky Gervais was WAY out of line! Shouldn't be surprised if he gets repercussions, in the form of less work, less approvals for his projects and so forth.

LOVED Angelina's emerald green dress. And Natalie Portmand was awesome in pink!

Heaven only knows what January Jones was thinking when she picked THAT. :eek:

Anne Hathaway's dress was lovely except for the back. :rolleyes:

And I forget who she is, had the only Cartier bling, the 1.6 million $ necklace? Her dress was nice as I recall.

Unlike you, I don't cared for the "colorless' gowns, the beige - taupe - gray ones, lol.

Grace
01-17-2011, 03:56 PM
My favorite gown was worn by Olivia Wilde -

http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2011/01/olivia-wilde-golden-globes-red-carpet-2011.jpg

I though Gervais was embarrassing - but that could be because I'm old :confused:

I think I have seen only one of the TV shows nominated; I was delighted Colin Firth won for The King's Speech.

I kept switching back and forth to HGTV :D

RICHARD
01-17-2011, 04:02 PM
The pregnant actress with the rose on her dress looked like poop.

-------------

I have to laugh at most of these awards shows.
People dress in costumes that aren't dresses...they are people's names.

"What are you wearing......"

"Clothes, knucklehead........"

Ricky Gervais is comic Genius, Ask Karl Pilkington.;)

cassiesmom
01-17-2011, 05:26 PM
January Jones' dress: Yikes! And I didn't like Sandra Bullock's bangs, either.

I didn't see Nicole Kidman but I heard on the news that she looked "beautiful as usual".

Grace
01-17-2011, 05:40 PM
And speaking of Nicole Kidman, I just read this -

"Keith Urban, Nicole Kidman and their two-year old daughter Sunday Rose, today announced a new addition to their family, Faith Margaret Kidman Urban. Born through a gestational carrier at Nashville's Centennial Womens Hospital on December 28, 2010, Faith Margaret is Urban and Kidman's biological daughter.

Karen
01-17-2011, 07:12 PM
I didn't watch, but I checked out the photos online afterwards. I will say January Jones sure broke away from her "Betty Draper Francis" character's image! I loved the dresses in the emerald hues, and in fact most f the colored ones, but didn't like all the "neutral toned" ones.

K9karen
01-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Gervais seemed absent for about an hour. Hmmm. I'm usually not embarrassed but his Hugh Hefner skit was way overboard. Even the audience didn't seem impressed and we're talking Hollywood.

I like color too. I thought Angelina was stunning, elegant.
She was my favorite. I don't know why I watch it. but I can't seem to turn away!

kitten645
01-17-2011, 09:10 PM
I didn't watch it but was catching up on the clips. I LOVE Ricky but I'm not sure his more edgy humor was appropriate in this venue. I thought he was funny but more of the type of thing appropriate for a night club act and not necessarily national tv. Especially Amerrican tv that is still very conservative by UK standards. I thought the joke about not wanting to see Cher because it's not 1975 was so funny. I love Cher and would go see her now but it's true. LOL.
Anyway, I thought that Ann Hathaway is beautiful but she looked all the same color head to toe! I'm not one for the beige, skin tone colores either. Would Keith Urban at least WASH those greasy locks if not cut them off altogether. He looks like an ungroomed sheepdog!
I think JLH is a beauty as well but what's up with the shiney face and cupcake dress? I thought Claire Danes looked great. Cathrine Zeta-Jones looked beautiful but January Jones looked like something dressed at UPS with a tape gun! Sandy Bullock reminded me of the "before" version of Alley Sheedy in the Breakfast Club! LOL!
I must say that I don't watch reality shows other than cooking shows but award shows are my guilty pleasure :p

ChrisH
01-18-2011, 06:25 AM
We watched them!
And I forget who she is, had the only Cartier bling, the 1.6 million $ necklace? Her dress was nice as I recall.
It was the lovely Helen Mirren.

ChrisH
01-18-2011, 06:30 AM
I didn't see Nicole Kidman but I heard on the news that she looked "beautiful as usual".

Here she is.

ChrisH
01-18-2011, 06:34 AM
My favourite didn't wear a dress. :D

Marigold2
01-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Yes Ricky was bad, bad, bad. Yet he was so damn funny. Honestly do you think he will shock the hollywood bad boys and girls with his humor?
And all the americans who watch Jersey Shores, Oh please, they eat up the naked, horny, drunk teenagers. Isn't Snookie a big deal because she is so bad?
Ricky was funny. I loved his crack about the Sex in the City girl being on Bonanza. LOL

As for the dress Kathy Segal was wearing it looked like Peg Bundy picked it out herself.