PDA

View Full Version : 2 Paintings (pics)

wolf_Q
01-16-2011, 02:13 PM
I went to NYC last year for a college art trip. We had to create some kind of artwork for a show, this is what I did. I don't know why, I just took a lot of pics of the paint flaking off in the subway and wanted to paint that. It's pretty drab and depressing looking but I spent a lot of time trying to get the details right. ;) I didn't go to school last semester so I didn't pick it up until last week.

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt95/wolfQU2/Random/NYCsmall.jpg

And this is a painting I did of Champ, Lindsey's (Rubymutt) parents dog who passed away. :( Such a handsome dog.
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt95/wolfQU2/Random/Champsmall.jpg
*sorry that pic is so big

Asiel
01-16-2011, 02:41 PM
I really like that first one because it's just so different, never would have thought of something like that.
Your dog painting isn't bad either, is that the first time you try your hand at this?

phesina
01-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Oh, these are both so nice. So carefully done! Thank you for sharing them with us.

wolf_Q
01-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Thanks, no I've been doing drawings/paintings of animals for years.

I really like that first one because it's just so different, never would have thought of something like that.
Your dog painting isn't bad either, is that the first time you try your hand at this?

Roxyluvsme13
01-16-2011, 11:34 PM
I love both of these! I love all the little details in the first one especially.

chocolatepuppy
01-17-2011, 05:01 AM
Those are both great Amy.:)

4 Dog Mother
01-17-2011, 09:21 AM
I am not big on the kind of picture that the first one is Amy but it is very well done. (Meaning it is not my personal taste not that there is something wrong with it.) And of course I love the second one but that IS my taste.

In fact, (hint, hint, to my Amy (Hoffmann)), I would still love to have a drawing of Snoopy and now one of Jack. I'm going have to push that as I know she has some certificates of yours and both my and Carl's birthdays are coming up. I can't think of anything more special to own than a picture done by you. You are one of the most talented artists I know.

Cincy'sMom
01-17-2011, 10:18 AM
Very nice, Amy!

I am not big on the kind of picture that the first one is Amy but it is very well done. (Meaning it is not my personal taste not that there is something wrong with it.) And of course I love the second one but that IS my taste.

In fact, (hint, hint, to my Amy (Hoffmann)), I would still love to have a drawing of Snoopy and now one of Jack. I'm going have to push that as I know she has some certificates of yours and both my and Carl's birthdays are coming up. I can't think of anything more special to own than a picture done by you. You are one of the most talented artists I know.

If I remember correctly, it was you that was supposed to pick a picture of Snoopy to use.....find one you want of Snoopy and of Jack and I will work out the rest with Amy :)

wolf_Q
01-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks everyone! :) Yeah just figure out what pics you want and I'll do the portraits. May have to wait until after this semester because I don't have a lot of free time right now but I can do it them after. :)

Asiel
01-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Wolf Q that's so kind of you to offer to do the portraits...but set your price first..lol. No kidding, paints and brushes are so expensive.

wolf_Q
01-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Asiel, thanks for your input, but you don't know the back story. I know how much paints and supplies cost I just purchased $120 worth of paint last week for a class. I have a set price list as well. Amy (Cincy'smom) has donated to a cause a few times for me to help raise money for homeless pets, I offered to do a free pet portrait for people who donated $100 or more. Since she donated that I owe her some free portraits.

dukedogsmom
01-21-2011, 12:00 AM
You and I think alike. First painting it really cool. I do photography like that. Like making something abstract from something normal. Love the dog pic. Lots of detail in the face. You captured Champ well.

Asiel
01-21-2011, 09:33 AM
That is real kind of you Wolf Q , I know how much can be raised with personal portraits of pets. Great idea.