PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #413, Patrick Dempsey's b-day!

RICHARD
01-13-2011, 11:22 AM
I had to stop in because I forgot to open the bar yesterday.

I think we will celebrate P. Dempsey's B-day......Can you tell I am lazy?

Choco cake and pop, for everyone!;):p

pomtzu
01-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Better late than never.

However, it's just too darned blessed cold for pop, so how's about some hot choco to go with that choco cake instead?

It took me 45 minutes to clean my car off so it was drivable this a.m. Underneath all the snow was a nice layer of ice. Geeze - I hate extremes in the weather department. Hate the brutal cold, yet hate the heat and humidity. Just no pleasing this old broad...........:eek::D

lbaker
01-13-2011, 12:10 PM
If I sit in a corner quietly with the little orange kitty on my lap may I have a bloody with NO olives, just some lime and a wee pinch of horseradish??

RICHARD
01-13-2011, 02:49 PM
LB,

A bloody, lime and horseradish.
DONE!

Pom,

Hot choco and cake!

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Ok, Who is Patrick Dempsey? and why do we care if it's his birthday? Just wondering. Happy Birthday to him I'm sure!!! :love:

Karen
01-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Ok, Who is Patrick Dempsey? and why do we care if it's his birthday? Just wondering. Happy Birthday to him I'm sure!!! :love:

I think he's "McDreamy" on Grey's Anatomy - never watched the show, was an ER fan when it debuted, so ...

cassiesmom
01-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Could I have coffee, please? Well, decaf.
Hey, I just noticed this is Thursday #413 and today is 1/13... maybe I should buy a lottery ticket with the number thirteen?

Pinot's Mom
01-13-2011, 04:46 PM
I didn't know who Patrick Dempsey was, either. ;)

I'll take a Bloody Mary, no horseradish, with some chips and dill dip...thanks! :)

RedHedd
01-13-2011, 06:28 PM
He's McDreamy on Grey's Anatomy. Perhaps an anesthesia-themed drink would be appropriate?

slick
01-14-2011, 07:02 PM
My boss is an effin' bitch.....:mad::mad:
I'm sitting here in tears once again. :( Why does she feel the need to put me down and why does it get to me so much? Today I really do feel stupid. Why don't they just fire me already??? She really doesn't want me here and I don't want to be here.

Richard, I'll take anything at this point and thanks for starting this thread. Thinking of McDreamy has helped me smile.:) Happy belated birthday Patrick. Yes, you are in my dreams. **swoon**

Pinot's Mom
01-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Slick, I have been where you are, and you know what? I'm still at the same company and have reached a peaceful existence with the aliens! :)

Relax, breathe, realize what really matters and have a bloody mary! Barkeep, I think she needs a double! Myself, I've mellowed....a nice red wine and a slice of homemade pizza...thanks!

Karen
01-14-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm sitting here in tears once again. :( Why does she feel the need to put me down and why does it get to me so much? Today I really do feel stupid. Why don't they just fire me already??? She really doesn't want me here and I don't want to be here.

Don't let the troglodytes win! We know that you are intelligent, nice, and hard-working. And you have a good sense of humor, can handle whimsy, and know deep down what matters. That puts you several steps above them.

And not to play junior psychologist, but she probably feels better about herself if she makes other people feel bad. This is HER problem, not yours. We love you! Time to keep an "I hate" journal at work. Buy yourself a little, easily hidden notebook. Whenever you get really down on yourself, take a moment and make a list. Writing it by hand is somehow more satisfying, and has the plus in that no one can search your computer and find it ...

I used to do this at a certain former job, and my "I hate" list would always start with "canned peas" - lifelong hate there, and then expand to include whiners, people who would rather complain than take action ... I worked at the time with a woman several years my senior who had a 40+ mile commute in heavy traffic. She complained about it all the time. For years. I finally had enough one day, and when she started in, I looked her square in the eye, and said "Then move! Or quit!" ... and she didn't have an answer for several blessed seconds.

Bartender, spiced hot chocolate with mini marshmallows, please! Can't have 'em in real life any more, as they all seem to have corn syrup in them, so I'll have some here!

DJFyrewolf36
01-14-2011, 10:55 PM
I'll take a nice DOTD and sit by the nice warm fire. Did my first day back in the gym in years and boy do I feel it! It isn't a bad pain though, more of the ol muscles trying to wake up kind of pain.
I'll be bench pressing over 200 lbs in no time ;)

*HUGS* and positive thoughts going out to everyone who is in need. :D

pomtzu
01-15-2011, 07:24 AM

Richard, I'll take anything at this point and thanks for starting this thread. Thinking of McDreamy has helped me smile.:) Happy belated birthday Patrick. Yes, you are in my dreams. **swoon**

Slick, I have been where you are, and you know what? I'm still at the same company and have reached a peaceful existence with the aliens! :)

Relax, breathe, realize what really matters and have a bloody mary! Barkeep, I think she needs a double! Myself, I've mellowed....a nice red wine and a slice of homemade pizza...thanks!

Slick & Maggie - it's a "me three" here.

I had a love/hate job, and I was with it for 21 years before I had to retire on disability - otherwise I would have stayed till my normal retirement age. My supervisor (who was a friend outside of the workplace), never missed an opportunity to put me down. Maybe she did it because she didn't want me to forget that she was above me in the chain of command. I know she didn't want me fired, since there wasn't a job in the department that I couldn't do if need be (and no - I'm not bragging - it was just a fact). I had a year of seniority on her, and actually trained her when she was hired, and was offered the position of department supervisor, but turned it down, since I despised the company president and would have had to work closely with him. I wouldn't have lasted a week under those circumstances! :eek:

So I just did my job and got it done even tho at times I had to bend (not break) the rules somewhat. In some of the not so good periods, I would sit on my bed in the morning and cry at the thought of facing that place for another day, but I was determined not to let this show thru in the office. I would just suck it up, and wait for the not so good time to pass - and it eventually did. I just had to grin and bear it for a while, even tho inside I was miserable.

Slick - do you have a lot of time on the job, or would it be feasible to find something else? - if not right now - perhaps later? The economy is darn sucky right now, but if something else presented itself and was decent pay, would you consider leaving where you are? Is the job really that bad most of the time, or is this just something that happens occasionally? Sometimes change is the best option, but of course I don't know your circumstances.

In the meantime - just hang in there - do your best - and try not to let boss lady get under you skin too much.

So how about a nice hot coffee and a big cinnamon bun right out of the oven. Everybody's free to help themselves.. Happy cold Saturday y'all......;)

RICHARD
01-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Hi I stopped in to check on you all...

I am crazy busy so a refill and a done?:D

CountryWolf07
01-18-2011, 12:56 PM
"Can't Buy Me Love".. (1980 something?) to now.

Ooh la la.

http://www.popeighties.com/storage/patrick-dempsey-sexier-with-age.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1278985786228