PDA

View Full Version : Handsome Dan is in Rhode Island

Grace
01-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Handsome Dan is one of the Vick dogs. There is a wonderful article in today's Providence Journal, complete with video. If you have trouble accessing it, let me know and I'll do a c&p.

Note the before picture, compared to how he looks today.

http://www.projo.com/news/content/VICKS_DOG_01-12-11_P1LTT2C_v18.269cf9.html

Freedom
01-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Yes, I saw this in the Projo this AM.

Sounds like he is doing well with his family; just not liking strangers -- can't say as I blame him there!

Grace
01-12-2011, 04:45 PM
I knew he had been adopted - but not that he was in Rhode Island. I love that he sleeps under the baby's crib :)

Cataholic
01-12-2011, 05:52 PM
What a great article!

lizbud
01-12-2011, 06:04 PM
It is so good to see Handsome Dan with his new family.:) Getting the
love & positive attention he should have had all along.

I am on Chapter 34 of The Lost Dogs, the story of the Vick dogs and it
clearly shows how much abuse & cruelty they suffered before Vick was
stopped dead in his tracks. It's a tribute to the dogs that they never lost
their love & need for human contact.

cyber-sibes
01-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Best wishes to Handsome Dan and his new family here in RI.! He's a beautiful boy, and it seems like the perfect family for him.

I looked at the picture of what that poor dog looked like when he was taken from Michael Vick, read about how all his teeth were worn down trying to free himself from that chain.... it makes my blood boil that Obama praises this moron as some kind of heroic figure. The real heros are the people who have given unselfishly of their love and resources to rehabilitate the dogs Vick abused. They should be the ones Obama praises. Those are the kind of people we need more of, not overpaid athletes and self-aggrandizing politicians.