PDA

View Full Version : Mac Users - Help! Webcams?? (speakers issue: solved!)

CountryWolf07
01-09-2011, 04:26 PM
So I have a Mac Mini. I don't have external speakers or webcam hooked up yet. My dad gave me the Dell speakers and HP web cam from the downstairs computer. I have included a picture of the web cam.

http://blog.rounds.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/value-for-the-money-web-cam-hp-deluxe.jpg

I've been having difficulties trying to hook up the speakers - do they need to be compatible with the Mac or what DO YOU use?

Alysser
01-09-2011, 04:40 PM
Well from what I've heard the internal speaker for the Mac Mini is crap, but I have heard mixed reviews that it can be good for music and it's a decent speaker as well. So I really don't know.

External Speakers shouldn't have to be made by Apple to work. Do you still have the box for the HP stuff? If so, it should say what it is compatible with on the box. I am almost POSITIVE that would be compatible with a Mac. I have a new Macbook, but I haven't had to attach external speakers as it has decent built in ones.

Karen
01-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Speakers are speakers, it doesn't have to be "Mac" or Apple. I don't even know what brand mine are, just some we got on sale somewhere!

CountryWolf07
01-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Speakers work now! :) Yeah, that's why I got external speakers for the Mac Mini. I have no complaints, though. It's a great little computer. I really like it. Now I have to figure out about the web cam part.