PDA

View Full Version : What's your dog's favorite candy?

Kfamr
10-30-2002, 03:15 PM
If you do give your dog candy... what's it's favorite? Simba LOVES Smarties. Maybe that's why he's so smart? haha He likes SweetTarts and Skittles too. :D

Tina
10-30-2002, 03:21 PM
None of my dogs eat candy. But when my Boo was still living he loved Skittles. Everytime I was eating some he would beg for me to give him some it was so funny.

slleipnir
10-30-2002, 03:23 PM
I don't give my dogs candy either :[ chocolate isn't good for em I thought? Meh, I'm just weird lol

Kfamr
10-30-2002, 03:28 PM
chocolate is, but i don't see anything wrong with fruity candy.

Tina
10-30-2002, 03:29 PM
I dont' see anything wrong with it either just none of my doggies like it:rolleyes:

Kfamr
10-30-2002, 03:37 PM
SimbUh Sez~
Yer dawgz is crazzEE! Them Smarteez thingz R realz yuhmm-!

Tina
10-30-2002, 03:39 PM
I've never tried giving them smarties before maybe I'll try when I get some more. Ruff he is really picky but Ginger is not.

Cincy'sMom
10-30-2002, 04:10 PM
Licorice and Dum-Dum suckers!!!

Dakota's Mommy
10-30-2002, 04:17 PM
Licorice and Dum-Dum suckers!!!

Yes, Dum-Dum suckers! Sadie cracks me up eating Dum-Dum suckers!

Glacier
10-30-2002, 05:38 PM
Jelly Beans...Bandit loves 'em. I usually have a crystal dish of them on an end table in the living room, but have to put it away when Bandit is inside or he will clean it out. Jelly Beans are the only thing he will counter surf for. I could leave meat all over the house and he wouldn't touch it, but he can't resist Jelly Beans.

Crikit
10-30-2002, 07:00 PM
my mom sneaks Smudge jujubes sometimes 'cause she likes to see him trying to eat them...she's really twisted that way.

RockyRoad
10-30-2002, 07:05 PM
Lady loves chocolate! Oh did I say chocolate! I would never give Lady chocolate! What are you looking at?

Yeah she's had chocolate a few times....now please yell at me

Nomilynn
10-31-2002, 12:21 AM
In Canada Smarties are chocolate.. that might be why there was the confusion. They are like M&M's but they taste way better (imo). My cat used to like chocolate Teddy Grahams. I didn't know he stole them when I wasn't looking! I think he had three one time!! hehehe :D

wolf_Q
10-31-2002, 12:51 AM
I don't normally feed the dogs any candy, but of course there's always the occasional toss their way "just to see if they'll eat it." lol. I haven't given Nebo any candy, but Smokey and Reggie have had some. They both like twizzlers, gummy worms/bears, and Smokey likes caramel popcorn jelly bellies (we had a big bag and my dad kept tossing them at him!! lol). I also like to give them stuff like that just to watch them eat it, I'm odd...I know. :D Peanut butter is the best to watch them eat it! :D

Smokey has got into chocolate (and ate a huge bag full) and it never hurt him......but we are very careful to keep him out of it! My sister left a bag of hershey's kisses on the floor in her room...uuugh....

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-31-2002, 07:16 AM
Drake doesn't get alot of candy, but he loves Jelly Beans!

Dixieland Dancer
11-01-2002, 12:34 PM
I just couldn't resist this answer...... ME! I am my dog's favorite Candy!! :D For those of you who don't know it, my nickname is Candy! ;)

ramanth
11-01-2002, 12:42 PM
Kia loves Twizzlers. My mom and dad will play tug of war with them, sometimes putting one end in their mouth and Kia will grab the other end. LOL!!

ChrisH
11-01-2002, 01:23 PM
What candy does Bob like? All and any he can get his paws on! :D

lv4dogs
11-01-2002, 02:38 PM
My dogs love anything I eat. Their favorite, well that is hard as there are about 100 kinds that are their fav. They do not get much sweets but they sure do love em'.

Like any food, depending on the individual dog they might get an upset tummy from people food but only baking chocolate (the kind that tastes really tart & gross) is the bad chocolate for dogs. Any other chocolate is ok if given in moderation like any other people food.

COCatMama
11-02-2002, 01:49 PM
Chocolate can be FATAL to a dog!!!! there is some chemical in it that they can't process. The smaller the dog the smaller amount it would take to kill them *I believe* I do not feed Juneau candy BUT he does enjoy a plain mcdonald's hamburger and a few drips of strawberry milkshake! LOLOLOL

Raiza
11-02-2002, 04:44 PM
We don't GIVE our dogs candy but...with 4 kids...uh, sometimes an odd piece gets hunted out and eaten. Chooclate is NEVER a danger here but Skittles, Nerds, etc. sometimes find their way in to the dogs tummies. Sometimes. With Halloween passing by we have had to oput all the bags up very high because our little Basset/??? was trying to get at the candy and with candy bars in the bags we were worried about her getting ahold of some chocolate. So..the bags are up WAAAY out of her reach. She's a serious sneak thief.....anything that can be eaten will be eaten (even if it's not actually food!).

aly
11-02-2002, 05:55 PM
The baking chocolate is the really dangerous kind but please don't even give them milk chocolate. Its just NOT good! On 3 seperate occasions Reece has gotten into chocolate (milk chocolate) and he got reaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyy SICK!!!! I am very careful and I don't have chocolate around the house anyway cause I'm diabetic, but he has managed to find some before. He has a nose for chocolate. Please don't even give in moderation because if they get a nose for it and seek it out, there could be trouble.

Anyway, my dogs never get candy. We usually go to a dog bakery here or make some homemade treats for them.