PDA

View Full Version : Chance

Medusa
01-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Chance, what is it about orangies that just tug at the heartstrings? One can tell that you're a special boy and having one so-called bad eye has nothing to do w/it. Your sweet disposition shines right through the computer monitor. I'm so happy that you gave your humans a chance. It makes me sad to think that you were chased and bullied by other cats but you're safe now and you'll never have to be afraid or hungry again. Enjoy your day as COTD, sweet, handsome boy. :love:

Laura's Babies
01-09-2011, 08:18 AM
What a very special boy Chance is! I LOVE his story, how he picked his home all by himself and I am sure he thinks his humans are just as special as they think he is. What a cutie he is!

kaycountrygal
01-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Chance, Your name is purrfect! You got a second chance at life when your human saved you from bullies & wandering & hunger. Chance, I'm so glad you were adopted by a caring person & taken to the vet. Human, You did a great job writing the article & I really feel as if I know Chance now. Perhaps the flash of the camera (if you flash) bothers him. Anyway the photos you sent are great & I liked all of them. Chance, You certainly are a handsome boy & a lucky one. It sure sounds as if you have a wonderful home & are loved & return that love. Congrats on being COTD! Kay in NC, 1.9.11

kb2yjx
01-09-2011, 10:35 AM
wow!!! What a rescue story!!! The Clan is just thrilled to see that possibly one of the neighbours is the COTD!!! And such a handsome ORANGEMAN!!! Glad you are in a great home!!! HAPPY COTD!!!

3Catcondo
01-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Chance,
There is nothing like an orange kitty companion. I have 2 and they have the best dispositions ever. I'm so glad you warmed up to your humans so you could have a safe forever home to live in..Congrats on being COTD!!

Amy

catmandu
01-09-2011, 11:12 AM
:love::love::love:
Whaty a Great Owesome Orangie you are Chance , and you are so lucky to have found the Right Furr Ever Home to come to, and escape from thos mean ferals.
I feel so sorry for them as they may have once be a Good Cat Comapnion to someone once upon a time.
You are so lucky to have found someone who adopted you and loves you and was willing to make you their Friend, despite the Medical Costs.
:):)
You now have a Great Home, Lots of Older Cats to be your Mentors and
a great future ahead of you as a Cat of the Future.
:cool::cool:
Michael Angel, His Protege Christofur Angel and All Of Our Pet Talker Orange Cats and All of Our Porch Orangies are sending their Best Owesome Orange MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW To Our Newest Saved Cat ^^ Our Newest Owesome Orangie ^^ and Our Newest Friend ^^ and Newest Cat of the Day ^^ Companion Cat Chance^^.
:love::love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
01-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Chance what a gorgeous and darling fellow you are!!! :love:

I loved seeing your sweet pictures today. I'm so happy you decided to take a change with your new humans. Sounds like you have yourself a wonderfully loving family now. I hope you are being spoiled rotten today.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our very special Cat of the Day!!! :D :love:

lizbud
01-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Hello Chance,

Your are aptly named sweet boy.:love: You took a chance & trusted
your human, she took a chance and scooped you up to keep & care for.
Look at you now sweetheart.:) A handsome and happy kitty that knows
he is loved. Congratulations on being chosen as our CAT OF THE DAY.:love:
I hope you enjoy your special day Chance.:)

AvaJoy
01-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Aren't you glad you took a "chance" and trusted this fine person to enrich your life, dearest orange boy? I am also in NJ and do cat rescue, so was quite pleased to make you and your guardian's acquaintance today . . . what a beautiful story is yours, Chance, and what a wonderful home you have now, with those that adore you! Enjoy your most deserving COTD honour with a wonderful celebration along with a prayer for all the homeless kitties that have yet to seek out your place, or mine, to be rescued. Blessings, handsome Chance!:)

sasha the cat
01-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Re: "... dumped in our neighborhood by some heartless person..

To Chance's Purrents:

We are so touched that you took this lovely boy into your home and heart. What a precious kitty he is. His story is akin to how Baby-Rascal became Prince of the Realm of the Bachelor Apartment.

We are so pleased to meet your Prince Charing AKA "Chance". Isn't is just so hard to imagine how hard a human heart can be to abandon a loving pet?

What every pet deserves is what your beloved Chance now has: a furever home with loving people who will care for him every day of his life. Since we humans domesticated different animals to be companion pets, we are thus obligated (in my humble opinion) to love, protect, shelter and attend to our campanion pet's every need. This is their birthright.

This missive is long but please read this which was in one of our local Montreal papers:
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/montreal-canadiens/Police+open+inquiry+after+dogs+shot+with+nail/4075931/story.html
I am absolutely appalled! At the end of the article you will see comments, one which is mine under my nom de plume: (c)Sasha Canadian.

B-R came one Spring day, crying and begging for food. I could see he was an intact male, about six months old as he had very big, fuzzy testicles (I originally called him "Fuzzy Nuts"). Once he let me hold him I whisked him off to our Veterinarian for neutering and health assessment. About $500 later we found out he was FIV+ but otherwise in good health.

Baby-Rascal is pictured, below.
I brought to an adoption clinic. Not caring for anyone interested in adopting him, he came back home with me. He has been an indoor cat since July 2009.

Like you, darling Chance, Baby-Rascal is FIV+ so can not be near Norman (16 now with compromised health) and Felix. Spring 2011 Felix will be inoculated once a month for three months to protect against FIV+. Once blood works show Felix is immume to this illness I will introduce them. Our house is ideal for Baby-Rascal as it is a duplex with a bachelor apartment. He is the Prince of the Realm of the Bachelor Apartment (which we never rent out). Norman and Felix live in the rest of The Palace with us, the humans who adore them all.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn95/SashaCanadian/Our%204%20Cat%20Boys/BabyRascal-RS_by_S_Dykhuis.jpg

Dear Chance, we are thrilled to meet you, son of The Goddess Bastet! May you live long and happy with your loving family. At our Palace in Montreal, Canada the =^..^= Royalty, Norman the King, Princes Felix and Baby-Rascal and outdoor stray who comes to dine twice daily, Ebony, Prince of the Palace Grounds and us, the humans, honour you and salute you. Have a great celebration! Live long and prosper -- loved, cherished, adored and well cared for by your purr~sons which is what you deserve.

KatMa, Paw-Paw and the Princes of the Palace & Palace Grounds

tatsxxx11
01-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Happy Cat of the Day to you, precious Chance! Oh, what a handsome Orangemen you are, Chance!:love: You look so much like my boy Tigg, but so extra precious in your collar; what a trooper! I was so very moved by your family's loving tribute to their very special boy, their "Little Bad Eye!":love: What a wonderful, inspirational, heartwarming story is yours, Chance! Faced with the most difficult and trying of circumstances, you took a "chance" on your people, but I have a feeling all along you knew this was a family who would love, cherish, care for and respect you, all the days of your life! (A kitty doesn't do a complete body flop for just anyone!;)) You took a chance on your people, they on you, and oh, what a happy ending, what a heavenly match you and your family make!:love: You may have a challenge, in human terms, but thanks to that indomitable spirit of yours, you haven't and won't let your slight disadvantage keep you from loving every minute of your wonderful life, your humans, one bit! What a wonderful and most deserving choice you are for our very special Sunday honors! I hope you're enjoying a very happy day of celebration, precious Chance, and here's to many more carefree, peaceful, love filled years with your wonderful family! Love and hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Chance!:love::love::love: Thanks for ending my day with HUGE smile!:)

bowlkat
01-09-2011, 07:39 PM
On behalf of our Chance, THANK YOU all for your kind words and thoughts- Chance is again in my lap, purring and smiling, as I write this-
I thought everyone should know that ALL the ferals mentioned in Chance's story- the feral momma-cat with kittens (name of Sophie) who ran Chance off the food, ALL the kittens she was protecting when she did so (that litter plus all of two previous litters), the feral male who tried to massacre him under the bush (Calvin), the other feral male who treed him twice (Cheddar)-- ALL the above cats have been caught, tested, fixed, immunized and adopted into loving homes- ALL of them are now healthy, happy INDOOR CATS with loving homes-- so, this whole story has a ONE HUNDRED PERCENT Happy Ending!! Chance shares his current home in Newnan, GA with six of Sophie's kittens (from 3 litters), plus some other rescued cats and a very sweet golden retriever girl who was 'liberated' from a puppy-mill..... we're ALL one big happy family - and Chance is a VERY happy cat, and provides all the love, affection, purrs, cuddles, head-butts, nuzzles and bed-covers-pounces anyone could ever ask of a cat......he's a sweetheart and he's got LOTS of fur-sibs to play with and have fun with- he's one of my all-time favorite 'rescues', with his bad eye and all--
Thank you all-- and, ADOPT A FERAL CAT if you have the "Chance" (ha-ha)- you might just end up with a wonderful fur-friend for life!!

windflower
01-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Oh, Chance, I was so delighted to read your story. I am glad that you and your human parents took a "chance" with each other and you are now in a home where you are loved and protected. You definitely deserve to be Cat of the Day.

Momo
01-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Wow...what a harrowing story! And I'm so sorry that your sibbling didn't get the luck you had, as it would have been great for you two to be together...:confused:
But as it is, you have a wonderful loving home, and were saved from the mean streets - hurray! :love:
You are a handsome orange boy too - just look at that sweet face, and those lovely stripes - lol! :)

Momo
01-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Feral/homeless kitties are quick to learn how to use a litter box! One of mine was such a kitty. The first night she was in her new home, I put her in the litter box after I fed her; she did her business, and covered up her lil' pile - lol! She was about 2 months old at the time.

sasha the cat
01-11-2011, 11:39 PM
The best ending of all! So happy to read this.:love:

On behalf of our Chance, THANK YOU all for your kind words and thoughts- Chance is again in my lap, purring and smiling, as I write this-
I thought everyone should know that ALL the ferals mentioned in Chance's story- the feral momma-cat with kittens (name of Sophie) who ran Chance off the food, ALL the kittens she was protecting when she did so (that litter plus all of two previous litters), the feral male who tried to massacre him under the bush (Calvin), the other feral male who treed him twice (Cheddar)-- ALL the above cats have been caught, tested, fixed, immunized and adopted into loving homes- ALL of them are now healthy, happy INDOOR CATS with loving homes-- so, this whole story has a ONE HUNDRED PERCENT Happy Ending!! Chance shares his current home in Newnan, GA with six of Sophie's kittens (from 3 litters), plus some other rescued cats and a very sweet golden retriever girl who was 'liberated' from a puppy-mill..... we're ALL one big happy family - and Chance is a VERY happy cat, and provides all the love, affection, purrs, cuddles, head-butts, nuzzles and bed-covers-pounces anyone could ever ask of a cat......he's a sweetheart and he's got LOTS of fur-sibs to play with and have fun with- he's one of my all-time favorite 'rescues', with his bad eye and all--
Thank you all-- and, ADOPT A FERAL CAT if you have the "Chance" (ha-ha)- you might just end up with a wonderful fur-friend for life!!