PDA

View Full Version : I'm back! *new puppy with pics*

lute
01-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Hey fellow PTers! I hope you all have been well! I see there have been lots of additions...and a few losses. I've missed you all and WELCOME to the new PT members!

In the close to a year I've been away a lot has gone on in my life. I live in Nashville,TN with my fiance. Started a new career, bought a car, and lost 100lbs...not even jokin.:D

Anyway, My biggest upset in the last year is pretty recent. My beloved dog, Chloe is no longer with me. She's not dead. She was rehomed without my knowing. My mother was caring for her at the time and her landlord told her Chloe had to go. Instead of contacting me to see if I could take her back she gave her away to a friend. This was very hard for me when I found out and I thank my VERY great friend(and fellow PetTalker), ReachoutRescue for being there as a friend and shoulder to cry on. My mom never told me where Chloe was, but I think I know. If she's here, she's being well cared for. I will never be able to get her back.:(

On a good note, I now live in a place where I can have a dog. Because of our loss, my fiance thought it would be a good idea that with our new home, we start over with a new puppy. I miss the show ring, but am far too busy to go to shows right now. I live in a smaller place, in the city. So I needed a smaller dog. After a lot of consideration, I decided on a small white female dog. Something under 5lbs. I of course went the adoption route first. Looking all over my area for a puppy like what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, my perfect puppy was not in a rescue or shelter. I hate to admit it, but I'm buying a puppy. She's arriving on the 21st!

My new puppy is a Chihuahua/Poodle cross. I don't like to use the designer names. She's all white and has blue eyes. She can hear. Here are some pics! Name suggestions would be great!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/BeanieGracie/6931zh6vidx.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/BeanieGracie/316939ozg8u-1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/BeanieGracie/2gm50f72r1f.jpg

Isn't she adorable?!?!

Husky_mom
01-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Icy came to mind

such a cutie!!

sorry about Chloe.. I totally understand that.. been there too..

glad to see you back!!

Taz_Zoee
01-08-2011, 03:28 PM
I saw your siggy in another thread and had to come find the intro thread! :D
She is adorable! I have no creative name suggestions for you. But just wanted to say I'm sorry about Chloe. Congrats on the engagement, weight loss and new place to live! :)

kaycountrygal
01-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 532pm

Hello, I dont think I have seen you here before so I guess I'm one of the "new ones" although I've been on about a year I think. Sorry about your Chloe. Congrats on losing 100 lbs--been there... done that. I sure hope you can keep the weight off. I think keeping it off is harder than losing it.

Back to your new puppy, she is precious.... so very very cute. I have a chi-rat mix & she is so sweet. Here are some suggestions for names:

Precious.... Angel.... Honey.... Sugar... Sassy.... Taffy.... Muffin

Post pictures as she grows, ok? Kay in NC

Suki Wingy
01-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Not sure why, but when I looked at her the first name that came to mind was Andi/Andrea. :confused: She is cute though!

cassiesmom
01-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Lute, I am terrible with names so may I just say.... awwww, what an adorable puppy! And congratulations on your big weight loss!

MonicanHonda
01-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Sooo cute. :) And congrats on the 100 lbs... that is an AWESOME feat. Sounds like you've had a very eventful life recently. Congrats on it all, and I am so sorry to hear that Chloe had to be rehomed. I just hope she's being well cared for. :)

krazyaboutkatz
01-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Congrats on your weight loss!!!:) I'm so sorry to hear about Chloe:( but I'm glad that you're now able to have another dog in your life. Your new puppy is so adorable. For some reason when I first saw her picture Isis came to mind. I'm sure you'll pick out a great name once you get to know her. Good luck.:)

lute
01-09-2011, 01:49 PM
kaycountrygal, nice to meet you! Your babies in your siggy are adorable!

Thanks everyone for the nice names and welcome backs! I am so glad to be back!

countrycowgirl
01-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Aww what a cute puppy!! Glad you back! ;) sorry about your chloe!

baconffa
01-10-2011, 07:32 PM
she's cute, but don't you think its kinda bad to be paying $550 for a mutt??
also the people you are getting her from seem like a puppymill from their website. i hope they aren't and good luck with her.

Cataholic
01-11-2011, 05:32 PM
@baconffa...wow. As this is your first post, and I couldn't see any way to find out from where this pup came, I guess you know something I don't? $550? Yikes. That is horrible.

4 Dog Mother
01-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Lute,
Sounds like there has been a lot of changes in your life. Congrats on the 100 lb weight loss. I need to lose weight too but can't seem to get motivated. I am sorry about Chloe. That was very unfair of your mother not to check with you first. Your new puppy is very cute! I have no names for you though.

lizbud
01-13-2011, 12:26 PM
It's good to see you back & good luck with your new puppy. I don't have
any name suggestions, but she sure is cute.:love:

Suki Wingy
01-13-2011, 02:11 PM
@baconffa...wow. As this is your first post, and I couldn't see any way to find out from where this pup came, I guess you know something I don't? $550? Yikes. That is horrible.

Most of the "chipoo"s listed on that site (which looks like a paid classified type thing) are in the $300-$500 range.

While I would never buy one myself it's not my decision and so I have no right to comment on it. I just hope she vets out as healthy and that the breeder has some sort of health guarantee. In the end that's the really important thing.

I hope we get to see pictures of her as she grows up! :D

baconffa
01-13-2011, 11:00 PM

I just did a search on puppyfind for chipoo puppies since I saw 'puppyfind' on the picture and was able to find her pups picture by narrowing it down to females. It seems to have been removed now but it did say "pending" beside the pups name.
I believe this must be her pups sibling.
http://www.puppyfind.com/view_listing/?list_id=k1dp3b2t0c&sid=739e68829060dff7c7181fb4d7b4fa9f&back=%2Fl%2F%3Facct_id%3D158681%26country%3D%26sta te%3D%26page%3D1%26order_by%3D%26back%3D
I went to the breeders website based on their name and they breed many different breeds of puppies (as well as exotic birds), and as I said.. $550 for a mutt seems a little outrageous. I really am not trying to be rude or start anything. I stated that the puppy is cute and I do hope she is healthy and things go well with her.

Vette
01-14-2011, 12:38 AM
I remember you. :D

are you after a unique name or something cute/catchy?
but either way... i am crappy with name suggestions LOL

cute puppy

lute
01-14-2011, 08:41 PM
my fiance and I have decided on the name CupCake! Several of the items we have for her already and some of her outfits have cupcakes on them so the name seemed perfect!

I thank you for your concern about where I obtain my new puppy. I understand your concern. I am buying the puppy though. She is a gift from my fiance pretty much.

anna_66
01-15-2011, 07:43 AM
Where do I start first....WELCOME BACK!

Sounds like your life has been full of ups (new fiance! weight loss! fantastic!) and downs (loosing Chloe:( ) but it sounds like it's right on track and I'm very happy for you, you deserve it.

Your new pup is beautiful. I look forward to seeing many, many pictures of sweet Cupcake!

lute
01-15-2011, 11:14 AM
anna_66, Thanks! I will share lots of pics when she comes home! I missed seeing pics of your pups too! I just adore Bon!

krazyaboutkatz
01-15-2011, 06:52 PM
I love the name Cupcake.:love: I too hope that she'll be a healthy puppy.

My brother bought a mixed designer breed online which was a Puggle. They thought that the breeder was local but it turned out that he had his pups flown in from another state. She became very sick and when he called the breeder, he hung up on him. My brother also paid a lot for this puppy but he was able to stop payment on his check. They had to pay a lot of money towards vet bills and their vet told them that the puppy was most likely from a puppy mill.:( Luckily she survived and is now a healthy dog so things did work out in the end.:)

Vette
01-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Aw thats cute suiting name :D

dab_20
01-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Welcome back and congratulations on all the good things happening in your life! I'm very sorry to hear about Chloe but glad you've found a new puppy. Cupcake is an adorable name! She sure is a cutie.

Roxyluvsme13
01-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Hey, long time no see!!!

So sorry about Chloe but congrats on your new addition.

I think CupCake suits her perfectly. I hope she is healthy, happy, and I know she will be loved!

Alysser
01-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Lute, I remember you well! I am so sorry about Chloe, she was such a beautiful girl. I really enjoyed her pictures. :( I'm glad she has a good home now. Welcome back by the way! Cupcake is so cute, Congratulations and please post more pics when the baby gets home! I can't wait to see them. :D

lute
01-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Thanks for all the good words! It's only a few days until we bring her home! My fiance bought me a pink poodle webkins toy. It's so cute n we named it CupCake