PDA

View Full Version : Homer's Odyssey

kitten645
01-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Has anyone read this book? :love: Best one I've read in FOREVER! About a little blind blackie and his remarkable spirit and what he teaches his meowmie. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love: Cannot recommend enough. I'm giving my copy to my animal loving/future vet niece. I think my next kitty will be a blind blackie. Our furkids do teach us alot about life.
Claudia & Calvin

Freedom
01-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Yes, CultureJunky sent it to me as a present. WONDERFUL read!

catmandu
01-08-2011, 10:21 AM
That reminds me of Ebony a Black Cat blinded by science many years ago when I first moved into the Found Cat Hotel.
Ebony was about three and they had tested chemicals on his eyes to see if they would hurt people. The Lab went bankrupt and these poor animals were mostly PTS but Ebony was young enough that he could be fostered.
He his all the time either in the bath tub with a makeshift shelter or deep in the extra deep linen closets.
I never really saw him, but Mr Scrappy , Michael and My Princess were there for Ebony and went to to comfort him.
Sadly Ebony developed a rash, and his Vet from an Animal Rights Group had to have Ebony PTS as they had done an experiment oon his back too.
It was such a sad waste of Dohd and Cats as the experiments was done so badly that the results were useless.
Ebony was only here about 4 months, but I still think of him,
I just wish I had a photo.
I will look up Homer's Odyssey I will like that to raed in Ebony's Memory:love:

kuhio98
02-26-2012, 02:11 PM
I just finished reading this book. I highly recommend it.

Gwen Cooper has been in contact with Rhoda (my friend who has leukemia)
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?170014-Shelter-Challenge-Humane-Society-of-Midland-County
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?170062-You-are-loved-Send-refrigerator-magnet

Rhoda has outlived her original diagnosis. Rhoda has a tremendous will to live and battles every day.

When Gwen Cooper and Laurence (her husband, also featured in the book) heard of Rhoda's fight, they contacted Rhoda's shelter and have agreed to appear at their annual fundraiser (The Ties and Tails event is Saturday, October 27th.) Not sure if Homer will accompany them. The prospect of meeting Gwen has energized Rhoda and she is determined to live long enough to meet them.

Homer's Odyssey is a wonderful book. If Bobcat and I can swing it, we plan on flying to Michigan for the Ties and Tails event and get our copy of the book signed.

Bengalz
02-26-2012, 06:38 PM
I loved Homer's Odyssey and often check Gwen's blog. She's writing a new book and I will definitely be looking for it when published:)

mrspunkysmom
02-27-2012, 10:15 PM
That sounds so cute. At first I was wondering what an early Western Literature Classic was doing in Cat General. Couldn't get into that book when i was young.

I hope and pray Rhoda wins her battle.

Anne