PDA

View Full Version : Former VP candidate Edwards not named in wife's will which leaves all to kids

Catty1
01-06-2011, 12:09 PM
:D:D:D

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/former-presidential-candidate-john-edwards-not-named-wife-20110106-053037-690.html

sasvermont
01-06-2011, 12:27 PM
There are so many ways to avoid names in Wills. For example: insurance policies......

I really could care less if she did or didn't leave anything to her husband. I don't know what the laws are in the state where they live, but many states, you cannot "cut out" the spouse from a will.

Oh well.... I guess this is news worthy.

sparks19
01-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Yeah this is news?

she didn't leave anything to the guy that left her when she was ill? WOW NEWS FLASH

I don't know many people who leave anything in their wills to ex's (or soon to be ex's) unless it's for the kids

momoffuzzyfaces
01-06-2011, 12:58 PM
I would have left that scum bag the middle finger from one of my hands but that's just me. :D

lvpets2002
01-06-2011, 01:00 PM
:p Yup I would have prob tried to use his Ying Yangs as footballs to kick..

I would have left that scum bag the middle finger from one of my hands but that's just me. :D

phesina
01-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Good on you, Elizabeth!

pomtzu
01-06-2011, 01:52 PM
I really could care less if she did or didn't leave anything to her husband. I don't know what the laws are in the state where they live, but many states, you cannot "cut out" the spouse from a will.

Very true. With a 401K account, you CANNOT exclude your spouse as a beneficiary if you are still married. My ex and I lived apart for a good 15 years before the actual divorce, and if something had happened to me, he would have gotten the money, regardless of my wishes - it's the law. A divorce settled that issue real quick! :p

Karen
01-06-2011, 01:58 PM
I was not even surprised by this, nor do I honestly consider it newsworthy.

Of course she left him out of her will. One of the things about having a long battle with cancer, as she did, is you have time to think about things, and consider carefully things like your will, and what you will leave to whom.

moosmom
01-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Like I said on Facebrook...it was the ultimate "FU" to him from the grave!!! She was one classy lady. He is and always will be a @$$hat.

Catty1
01-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Not huge news, maybe...but I liked it so I shared it.

The article says she changed her will 6 days before she died.

If her "widower" has any class AT ALL (highly doubtful), he will not even try to contest this. Especially if he has any political ambition left.

DJFyrewolf36
01-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Not huge news, maybe...but I liked it so I shared it.

The article says she changed her will 6 days before she died.

If her "widower" has any class AT ALL (highly doubtful), he will not even try to contest this. Especially if he has any political ambition left.

Well this will determine if he can just let things go and accept the fact that what he did was wrong or if he is an obliviot and/or doesn't care. Maybe not huge news but how this plays out may have some bearing on how divorce cases involving terminal illnesses are handled in the future.

moosmom
01-08-2011, 06:30 AM
Catty1,

Self respect is more like it. But then again, that went out the window years ago. Now he's marrying the mother of his "love child". How nice. And GREAAAT timing, NOT!! UGH!!:mad:

momoffuzzyfaces
01-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Catty1,

Self respect is more like it. But then again, that went out the window years ago. Now he's marrying the mother of his "love child". How nice. And GREAAAT timing, NOT!! UGH!!:mad:

Wasn't is sweet the way he waited until he found out that Elizabeth didn't leave him a thing before he announced his engagement? :rolleyes::love:

Edwina's Secretary
01-08-2011, 12:26 PM
I am not a supporter of John Edwards. I think he is a vainglorious little sleazebag.

However, he had not announced his engagement. The National Enquirer announced a rumor of his engagement - which has been denied by "his people" and by "her people."

Marigold2
01-08-2011, 07:04 PM
They were married a good long time. Had many children together so I am thinking most of their marriage must have been happy.
Perhaps the death of his son, perhaps middle age, maybe her illness changed him.
Who knows. But up until this scandal they seemed happy and in love.
He has his own money, doesn't need hers and she did want him to raise the kids so she had faith in him as a father.
What he did was horrible. But perhaps he was a good husband and father for the first 25 years or so.
In the end, no one wins. He lost his partner and the mother of his children, the kids lost their mom and american lost a proud and good women.
So glee is not what I am feeling now.

blue
01-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Good thing this winner of a human being didnt get to be the second most powerful man on the planet.

RIP, Elizabeth, and good decision.