PDA

View Full Version : The first Thursday of 2011, #412

RICHARD
01-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Wow,
That was fast...

Wasn't if Christmas last week?;)

-------------

I feel like having some BBQ ribs and lemonade....

I want sunshine and warmth too!

Done!:D

lvpets2002
01-05-2011, 04:50 PM
:p Yup it was.. Hey the Orc & I needs a LIT & a toast for a Great New Year.. Snacks anyone.. I will send the Orc to the store..

slick
01-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Something tall and strong please. My BFH again...... :mad:

Pinot's Mom
01-05-2011, 05:30 PM
I'll go for BBQ & Lemonade (with Vodka!), thanks - maybe it'll cut through my cold!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-05-2011, 06:11 PM
A cherry limeade for me please. My tummy is on the fritz tonight. :love:

gini
01-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Well, Moff, you made me curious - so I Googled "on the fritz" to see where that slang term came from............and even though there is a lot of
speculation - all of it falls through - and no one really knows where it
came from. It is possible it is from the cartoon Fritz the Cat - but no one
can pin it down positively to that.

If anyone else comes up with something - let us know.

Connie, regardless, sorry about your tummy -

BBQ ribs and lemonade? Count me in.................!! (rum for the lemonade though!)

Queen of Poop
01-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Ugh, the IBS is torturing me. Could I get some fizzy water please?? That seems to help, sometimes. :(

momoffuzzyfaces
01-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Well, Moff, you made me curious - so I Googled "on the fritz" to see where that slang term came from............and even though there is a lot of
speculation - all of it falls through - and no one really knows where it
came from. It is possible it is from the cartoon Fritz the Cat - but no one
can pin it down positively to that.

If anyone else comes up with something - let us know.

Connie, regardless, sorry about your tummy -

BBQ ribs and lemonade? Count me in.................!! (rum for the lemonade though!)

Don't know where that term came from gini but my family has used it longer than I've been around. It means things aren't working quite right. hehe

Catty1
01-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Kind of tired of cranberry and soda and lime...how about switching that for LEMON? ;)

Connie and Gayle, I hope your tummies are better soon!

I saw a small article somewhere about a certain antibiotic that helps certain kinds of IBS, but didn't read further. I'm sure your doc would know all about it.

Happy 2011, everybody. May this year be the best and brightest for all of us!:love:

Karen
01-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Still cold here, of course, and maybe more snow Friday or Saturday or ... so I'm not really in the mood for barbecue - anybody for a big bowl of chili? I so miss it in the real world, but am allergic everything but the tomatoes and onions in it, which just isn't chili!

RICHARD
01-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Still cold here, of course, and maybe more snow Friday or Saturday or ... so I'm not really in the mood for barbecue - anybody for a big bowl of chili? I so miss it in the real world, but am allergic everything but the tomatoes and onions in it, which just isn't chili!

Me, me!!

Done? and warmer days for you!

C1,

Cranberry, soda and lemon!

Thanks for the well wishes to the bar patrons!

DONE!

MOFF,
Let's leave Fritz on the stoop? Cherry Limeade?
DONE!

QoP.

Fizzy water and feel better!
Feel better

Done!

GINI-

Ribs and lemonade!

Rum too!

DONE!

PM,

Ribs, lemonade and vodka!

DONE!

SLICK,

How's about a G&T, tall?

DONE!

LP,

A LIIT for you and that ORC!

DONE!

;)

cassiesmom
01-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Could I please have fizzy water too? With a slice of lime or lemon would be nice.

Thanks,
elyse

RICHARD
01-07-2011, 12:23 AM
Could I please have fizzy water too? With a slice of lime or lemon would be nice.

Thanks,
elyse

One glass of each...

My stomach took a turn for the worst and mineral water sounds good.

I'll join you!

DONE!:D

Pinot's Mom
01-07-2011, 07:14 AM
Good morning, all!

Waiting for news from Florida on my father...coffee on the bar with apple pastries. Help yourselves! Have a great day!

gini
01-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Hope the news is good about your father!

Randi
01-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Well, I know red wine suits my weather better right now, but I'll join in and have a G & T, please! Love that stuff! Oh, and to go with it... some Bugles and dip, please!

Oh Slick, that BFH - my sympathy. :(

Maggie, I'll keep sending positive thoughts for your father, hope he'll pull through!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-10-2011, 12:40 PM
We are having our first snow of the winter today. BLAH!!!
Plus, a cold front is moving in. We won't be above freezing again until the weekend if then. My arthritis is complaining loud and long.

Need some hot chocolate with tons of marshmallows, and 6 cat nip teas please? :love:

RICHARD
01-10-2011, 10:13 PM
We are having our first snow of the winter today. BLAH!!!
Plus, a cold front is moving in. We won't be above freezing again until the weekend if then. My arthritis is complaining loud and long.

Need some hot chocolate with tons of marshmallows, and 6 cat nip teas please? :love:

Hot choc and some CNTs

Stay warm and done!

DJFyrewolf36
01-10-2011, 11:48 PM
I'll order through the fog...tis a sad day in fogville today though as the Ducks LOST *sigh*. I will stay here, safe and warm and away from the nutjobs that are sure to come floating out of the woodwork tonight.

A toast to Seattle making it further in the playoffs! :D

And *hugs* for everyone!!!

Pinot's Mom
01-11-2011, 08:11 AM
Good morning, all! Our snow is coming!

Coffee's on the bar with cinnamon scones. Help yourselves! :)

Grace
01-11-2011, 08:56 AM
How about a glass of red wine? Maybe from this press . . . . .

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Archeologists have unearthed the oldest wine-making facility ever found, using biochemical techniques to identify a dry red vintage made about 6,000 years ago in what is now southern Armenia.

The excavation paints a picture of a complex society where mourners tasted a special vintage made at a caveside cemetery, the researchers reported on Tuesday in the Journal of Archaeological Science.

"This is the world's oldest known installation to make wine," Gregory Areshian of the University of California Los Angeles, who helped lead the study, said in a telephone interview.

Carbon dating showed a desiccated grape vine found near a wine press was grown around 4000 BC, his team reported.

This makes it 1,000 years older than any other wine-making facility discovered, the team from Armenia, the United States and Ireland reported.

entire article (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110111/lf_nm_life/us_wine_oldest)

Wonder if they found any old, moldy cheese to go with the wine?

momoffuzzyfaces
01-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Please keep the hot chocolate flowing. We might warm up to 16 degrees if we are lucky today. Our wind chill is 10 below. BURRR!!!
I WANT SPRING AND I WANT IT NOW!!!! (I know too bad, eh? ;)):love:

RICHARD
01-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Please keep the hot chocolate flowing. We might warm up to 16 degrees if we are lucky today. Our wind chill is 10 below. BURRR!!!
I WANT SPRING AND I WANT IT NOW!!!! (I know too bad, eh? ;)):love:

I would have died at the busstop!

Refills?

DONE!

Grace,

Hardtack for the cheese?;):eek:

DONE!

PM,

thanks!

DJ,
They lost to the cheater.

ugh.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Still freezing here. Our windchill was 15 below this morning. With any luck we may warm up to 15 today. At least the sun is out.

Dear Phred, please ask God to turn the sun's heat up on my little spot of the ole dirt ball, please please?

Meanwhile, more hot choco please, Richard? :love:

RICHARD
01-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Still freezing here. Our windchill was 15 below this morning. With any luck we may warm up to 15 today. At least the sun is out.

Dear Phred, please ask God to turn the sun's heat up on my little spot of the ole dirt ball, please please?

Meanwhile, more hot choco please, Richard? :love:

Stay warm

DONE!

cassiesmom
01-12-2011, 02:06 PM
I heard on the news that tomorrow, 1/13, is actor Patrick Dempsey's birthday ... so ... I'm raising my cuppa decaf (because I'm not a fan of hot chocolate) in a pre-birthday toast to McDreamy! If he really were a neurosurgeon, I'd transfer to the OR in a half a heartbeat.