PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think You Have Problems?

lizbud
01-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Try living this poor child's life.:( This must mean something in the grand
scheme of things, but I am hard put to understand why God allows it.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/01/04/afghanistan.child.trash.scavenger/index.html?hpt=Sbin

RICHARD
01-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Try living this poor child's life.:( This must mean something in the grand
scheme of things, but I am hard put to understand why God allows it.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/01/04/afghanistan.child.trash.scavenger/index.html?hpt=Sbin

God does not allow things like that.

It's man and the people in charge who are responsible for making children live like that.:(

Look at the farce in Mexico and the border towns and look at the kids who are affected.

Husky Mom's baby is another victim of man's stupidity, hate and greed.

That's frigging tragic.

We may not have a say about a child in far of Afghanistan, but the mess we have in the south is something we could do something about.:(

cassiesmom
01-04-2011, 03:08 PM
I don't know why God allows it. Maybe so organizations like Food for the Hungry and UNICEF can get in there and do some good. I'm with Richard, it's friggin tragic.

We have a missionary at my church who works with children in very similar situations in Egypt. Her organization starts their work by meeting the kids' very basic needs... blankets, shoes and food. They establish relationships with the children and families to help them get back on their feet.

wombat2u2004
01-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Poor little bugger.
Maybe Al qaeda could give her some relief. You know, the money they use to buy weapons from China ?? Maybe sell a yacht or two owned by a sheik somewhere in Saudi Arabia.
The sad fact is, God does not provide....people do.
If some cultures could just get out of the habit of living 1000 years ago, things may be a little better in this world.

lizbud
01-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Husky Mom's baby is another victim of man's stupidity, hate and greed.

What's wrong with the baby?

sparks19
01-04-2011, 06:26 PM
I think he means the unforunate circumstances with the child's father

Asiel
01-04-2011, 07:32 PM
I don't think we can say God allows it. Mankind is responsible for the problems they themselves create and it is indeed very tragic.
I know we all feel like we want to be over there helping and fixing things, only natural even if it is impossible. The next best thing is to keep busy helping our own homeless and hungry by helping our food banks, soup kitchens and shelters.

sana
01-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Oh! my gosh! Poor little dear. Only if this place was near enough from my home, maybe we could have helped her. Kabul isn't a very rich country, that's why people are just rolling off in the streets.:(
I don't know if guys know it, but, this girl, she's most probably a muslim. Her name tells that. There is some kind of a gem which is called Marjan in Arabic. Hoping she finds a great place to stay and live. Only if some organization or something would go there and help them. These people need to migrate from a poor city to a richer one, they could get some help from there, a small job, but migrating needs fuel, enough supplies to survive. :(Praying that they find a better home soon. And hopefully, they'll be happy there and Marjan's dream to be a teacher will be fulfilled.

lizbud
01-05-2011, 01:01 PM
:(Praying that they find a better home soon. And hopefully, they'll be happy there and Marjan's dream to be a teacher will be fulfilled.

From your lips to God's ear. Prayers for Marjan from me too.

Marigold2
01-05-2011, 09:21 PM
This is so sad. But these people had a choice on weather to bring a child into this world. This is an age old problem from the beginning of time that spans the entire globe. Can you love a child enough to NOT bring it into this world to see it starve and be beaten, raped and abused? Are you wise enough, moral enough not have sex or unprotected sex or will you continue to be selfess and give in to your primal needs and watch your child die of starvation.
As far as how God allows it. Lets take the blame ourselves here and not heap it onto a God we created to help us make it through the day because of fear and confusion.
And which God, the sun God, moon God, Allah, Budda, Zeus?
We humans blame everyone but ourselves.

moosmom
01-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Marigold2,

That picture broke my heart!!!

While I agree with you 99.99 percent, we're talking about a totally different culture here. Is birth control readily available? How about trying to educate the parents on abstinence.

As far as how God allows it. Lets take the blame ourselves here and not heap it onto a God we created to help us make it through the day because of fear and confusion.
And which God, the sun God, moon God, Allah, Budda, Zeus?
We humans blame everyone but ourselves.

I totally agree!!

IRescue452
01-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Maybe if football players were satisfied with a stable house and a reliable car and a normal sized tv instead of millions a year to squander away as they pleased...

Ok, so there's lots of people who could do with less if they only cared about the people who could do with more. There's plenty enough resources to go around, its just unevenly distributed.