PDA

View Full Version : Question re. the new Take That song ("The Flood")

Kirsten
01-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Could anyone please tell me what these guys are singing about? I mean, I understand the lyrics, no problem here, but I cannot figure out what it is about. Evolution of mankind, or what? These lyrics make no sense to me! :o Does anyone have a clue? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOkdUoz9UTA&feature=related

DJFyrewolf36
01-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Seems to me like they are singing about being outcasts even though they were doing something for the good of all.

That's my initial thoughts at least lol.

moosmom
01-04-2011, 07:44 AM
:confused::confused:Beats the heck outta me! Nice tune, though.

momcat
01-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Hi Kirsten,
Usually I can figure these things out but not this one. When I taught high school a lot of years ago, I taught a unit on the poetry in contemporar music. I really like the music but I'm with you, the lyrics make absolutely no sense. I'll listen again later on and try again.

Kirsten
01-05-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm kinda relieved that I'm not the only one who cannot figure out what they are singing about! :D I like that song, but the lyrics are just weird! lol

Miss Z
01-12-2011, 11:46 AM
I thought it was about their split, their attitudes towards one another and how they've changed now they're back together; all five of them, that is. I assume the 'flood' was the emotions they wanted to express to each other, but they held them back due to the stubborn nature of some of the band members. It was Robbie that supposedly caused the biggest rift between them, and as he's now part of the group again, they don't need to hold back the 'flood' any more. Just my interpretation!

Kirsten
01-12-2011, 11:53 AM
I thought it was about their split, their attitudes towards one another and how they've changed now they're back together; all five of them, that is. I assume the 'flood' was the emotions they wanted to express to each other, but they held them back due to the stubborn nature of some of the band members. It was Robbie that supposedly caused the biggest rift between them, and as he's now part of the group again, they don't need to hold back the 'flood' any more. Just my interpretation!

Hmmm, interesting. Will listen to it again in that regard, that could make some sense! :D

momcat
01-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Time to listen again, that does make sense.

Kirsten
01-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Yep, and maybe the "dance the rain" part is a reference to the old Back for Good-video... That would make some sense, I think.

Suki Wingy
01-13-2011, 01:35 PM
I generally don't worry about what lyrics mean. :eek: But Zara's take on it really makes sense.