PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS5 and Flash CS5 - Why so expensive?

CountryWolf07
01-02-2011, 01:03 PM
So, I finally got a Mac. Looking into paint/graphic programs, like Photoshop CS5 & Flash CS5. I currently have Flash CS5 as the trial version. After 30 days, I'm done. I might just see if I can find a serial number to try to 'keep' the program, although it is illegal. I just cannot AFFORD what they are being priced at. Same with Photoshop CS5.

I already have Photoshop CS3 and Lightroom 2.0 on my old laptop that's being used as the family computer downstairs.

So, I am wondering, why, why, why must these programs be so much $ that I can't afford to purchase to use them for my photography/design work?

Scooter's Mom
01-02-2011, 01:07 PM
We are paying for them to develop the new programs.

If you feel the program is worth using, hopefully you will find the funds for it. It is the only way we'll get new, quality, programs developed.

Freedom
01-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Those are the professional versions.

I have photoshop elements, quite a bit less. But likely not enough for your needs.

Randi
01-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Scooters Mom is right. Why can't you install the Photoshop CS3 you already have? That should keep you going for a while. :)

CountryWolf07
01-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Scooters Mom is right. Why can't you install the Photoshop CS3 you already have? That should keep you going for a while. :)

I would, but it's a different version. I have a mac now. :) Although I do have the CS3 on my old laptop, but it's pretty much about to.. die. Not fun!

blue
01-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Have you tried GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/)? Its free and Im told its pretty powerful.

Karen
01-05-2011, 11:03 AM
See if you can purchase an upgrade - that is often less expensive.

These programs are expensive, but they are powerful and for professional use, include lots of proprietary information, can encode Postscript and do just about everything a professional could want - that's why they are expensive. Just because you don't need all the features doesn't mean you get to pay less!

Catlady711
01-06-2011, 03:41 PM
I refuse to spend that kind of money on a computer program so complicated that people take classes to learn how to use it to justify the price they paid.

Here is the newer version of what I'm using for photo editing software, Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 (http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1208716806081#versionTabview=tab1&tabview=tab2). So far it can do just about anything my dad's CS5 can do to a picture, costs a heck of alot less, and I didn't have to take any classes to learn how to use it either. ;)