PDA

View Full Version : Just a small venting post

3Catcondo
12-30-2010, 09:28 PM
As I have had a headache and other pains since around 8pm and took 3 tylenol, I thought by now I would be asleep. However, a criminal apparently had other plans and for the last hour a police search plan has been out circling around near my house. :mad::rolleyes:

I called the police non emergency # after 20 mins of the plane flying overhead and asked if they were searching for someone although I pretty much knew they were because of the spotlight coming down from the plane.
They said yes but did not advise to stay inside like they have once before several years ago.

So, two things: nervous about who's out there that needs to be caught, and since my bedroom is upstairs I can hear the plane in all it's glory...it's going to be a long nite!!!!!!!!!!!

krazyaboutkatz
12-30-2010, 09:33 PM
I'm sorry to hear this but it does sound like a scary situation. Can you go some where else that would be much quieter and safer?

Freedom
12-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Make sure everything is locked up TIGHT! Sounds nerve wracking, to say the least. And a bad headache on top of it all, ugh.

3Catcondo
12-30-2010, 09:46 PM
I could go to my mom's or sisters but quite honestly I don't want to go outside...
I have made sure everything is locked up tight downstairs so I should be safe.The association for my condo complex pays an armed off duty police officer to patrol in here often. I just looked out the window and he passed by in his car, so that's comforting that he is working for us right now, and I think the plane has landed, I don't hear it right now.
It almost sounds like I live in a terrible city...LOL. This is the 2nd time it's happened since I've been living here for 9 yrs, so it's not often...Thank god!

Alysser
12-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Yikes! That would scary me too!:eek:

Did they tell you exactly who they were looking for/or what they did? If it was something minor it would probably make you feel alot better. Either that, or you wouldn't want to know. :p

As long as everything is locked I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm sorry this happened though. I hope you sleep well tonight anyway!

3Catcondo
12-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Thank you Alysser, I'm going to try to go to sleep now. They would not give any details, but it seems to me if it's an issue of public safety they would have to. :rolleyes:

moosmom
12-31-2010, 08:17 AM
Make sure you're locked up tight and all your furbabies are accounted for!!

Be safe!;)

Medusa
12-31-2010, 08:19 AM
Oh dear. Hopefully, you still managed to get a good night's sleep.

3Catcondo
12-31-2010, 10:52 AM
I fell asleep shortly after 11 and woke up once around 4 for about 20 mins and then slept til 8:30 so it wasn't too bad. I'm hoping to get a nap today sometime tho. :)

phesina
12-31-2010, 04:51 PM
Yowee! Here's hoping the police get their man and you and your kitties stay safe and secure.

kitten645
12-31-2010, 09:21 PM
Glad you are safe. They don't bring out a search plane for minor offenses so I hope the criminal was caught. I've never had that happen to me but it makes me thankful for the baseball bat in my apartment!

gini
01-02-2011, 12:39 PM
I am glad that you were safe and at least got a little rest.

Living in Los Angeles you can imagine that we hear helicopters a lot.
What gets me is that they can drone on and on for over an hour with their searchlights scanning your house and yard and you sit shivering inside your home. And then - you never hear what it was all about........did they catch them - did they get away - what was it?