PDA

View Full Version : So what did you get for Christmas?

luvofallhorses
12-25-2010, 09:46 AM
All from my family -

Now 36 Cd
Lucky You Perfurme
Dewey The Library Cat book
Step Up 3 Movie
A Mcdonalds Gift Card
A Burger King Gift card
A JCpenny's gift card
Sweatpants
Friends Forever dog book
A Cupcake maker.. I thought that was funny. That should be interesting.
Some nice lipgloss
A teddy bear and perfume set
A box of chocolate with a cute kitty on it
And Candy Cane Kisses.

From Co workers -

A Starbucks Gift Card
A Hastings Gift Card
A cute book
Candy Cane Cocoa
A notepad
A The Dog Hot Chocolate and Mug set

From Friends -
A box of books with nice Jewelry
A nice Halifinger (horse) ornament

I feel a bit spoiled this year. :o So what did you get? :D

aTailOf2Kitties
12-25-2010, 09:53 AM
bib overalls that actually fit! (that's a first- I'm short and fat, LOL)
2 pairs of insulated work gloves
warm stocking hat
several pairs of blue jeans
several pairs of sweatpants
pizza cooker
danish butter cookies in a tin (OMG I friggin' :love: those)
cat-a-day calendar
random candies
Walmart gift card

and the kitties got a shelf for their window, but they are totally ignoring it:(

moosmom
12-25-2010, 10:42 AM
I got $250 to fix my timing belt on my car, from my brother.

He also got me 2 Lands End gift cards for $250 each, which allowed me to buy a 32" flat screen tv that I desperately wanted.

Suki Wingy
12-25-2010, 11:10 AM
From the imediate family I got

two Doctor Who novels (yay!)
two pairs of socks
two pairs of earrings
a pair of cool upcycled mittens
a Flyleaf cd
money towards my trip to Gallifrey One, the huge Doctor Who convention I'm going to this February!

I'm about to go over the my grandparents' house so I'm sure there'll be more because I still have presents to give cousins and stuff. For Niño this year I got him a collar with his name on it in metal letters. I just kept watching the price go down and down until finally the whole thing cost me under $5!

I just called and found out the store that may have Christmas crackers is open, so I'm now off to see if I can find some!

sparks19
12-25-2010, 11:22 AM
We went low key on ou r gifts this year and instead spoiled Hannah rotten lol.

My gift never arrived. We ordered it custom from someone on etsy and she never sent it... not sure she even MADE it. So while I wait to get my money back so we can order it from someone else... Brian got me a snuggie yesterday so I would have soemthing to open lol.

I have to say... I definitely see the appeal of the snuggie. Very warm and comfy.

My dad got us a $75 bass pro shop gift card and Call of Duty Black ops. My mom got us Wii Resort (although it hasn't arrived yet but that's ok... as long as they didn't lose the package in the mail)

His parents (we opened gifts with them last week) got me a kindle, some shirts, pants, a purse, all kinds of goodies that I can't remember right off the top of my head and then my MIL made us a photo book out of Hannahs photos.

Hannah was spoiled rotten... I won't even go into all the stuff Brians parents got her or we'll be here all day lol.

We got her the Leapfrog Tag reading system with 12 books and then my dad got her 5 more books, a little doll house, kissing frogs from the princess and the frog (which she ADORES), a bunch of dinosaur figurines, a baby doll playpen with disney princess doll blanket set, a lite brite cube, a disney princess snuggie, some clothes, lots of books, puzzles and a new bed (which is not yet set up lol) and my dad got her the fisher price smart cycle.

Right now she is playing with her doll house. she is loving that. she's been playign with it for over an hour non stop haha.

Alysser
12-25-2010, 11:23 AM
I did very well this year. :cool:

From my immediate family:
-A $25 pacsun giftcard (Brother)
-A macbook (brother, but that was kinda a mix of birthday, xmas, graduation:D)
-A really nice Kenzie winter coat (mom & dad)
-A coat from Victoria's Secret (mom & dad)
-A button-up from VS (Mom & Dad)
-A Northface hoodie (Mom & Dad)
-A northface hat & Underarmor string pack, and an underarmor shirt (Mom & Dad)
-A button-up from Pacsun (sister)
-Planet Earth (sister)
-Family Guy Star wars movie - the new one :D (brother)
-COD - Black ops (brother)
-Knit Panda hat and gloves, perfume and a rubber duckie! (Sister)
-Black Converses and a Ipod player (mom & Dad)
-This is the cutest and most genuine gift I got: My sister sponsored a dog I've been talking about that's at the local shelter I volunteer at in my name :) His foster mom said she bought extra food and a bed for him.:love: I thought that was so nice and cute.

Godparents:
- Bruce AKA 2010 Hyundai Elantra - that's kinda a 20 year Xmas/birthday/graduation gift!

Friends:
-Star Trek Uno Game
-Spock Action Figure
-Cookies
-Another panda hat :p

Mikey got a stuffingless toy, a blanket, and treats but of course he enjoyed the wrapping paper more than anything else.

Freedom
12-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Christmas is all on me. My Dad is able to do anything (can't drive, can't use money), and my bro . . . chooses not to do anything.

Pet Edge had a HUGE warehouse sale last Saturday, so I made the hour drive one way, and picked up at half price

- grooming table
- blaster blow dryer
- heart shaped pet beds, Pink / Princess (2) and blue / Prince
- new clippers
- new trimmer kit

Thanks to our very own PT'er Jennie, I got myself a pair of Sorel Snow Angels, in black. Water proof boots!

I also ahve wanted a rice cooker / steamer, so I picked one up, makes the rice in the bottom and the meat and veg gets steamed in the top.

Two sweater / jackets, one red one burgundy.
Two videos: The Celestine Prophecy (I LOVE that book, hope the movie is good) and Marley and Me.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2010/Dec%2025%20Chirstmas/IMG_3729Small.jpg

I have long wanted one of these light up ceramic trees, finally tracked one down.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2010/Dec%2025%20Chirstmas/IMG_3725Small.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2010/Dec%2025%20Chirstmas/IMG_3724Small.jpg

Scooter's Mom
12-25-2010, 01:23 PM
I got... the flu.

My only actual gift this year was from a co-worker, and it was a wonderful book on Angels in Disguise -http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Disguise-Sends-Animals-Comfort/dp/0824947827

It's a joyous book!

robinh
12-25-2010, 02:08 PM
We bought good gifts for the grandkids and had Christmas at their house last weekend.

Neither of us really wanted anything except a new set of good cookware. So a few weeks ago, we went to BBB and bought a good set of Calpahalon pans. So far, we've only warmed up chili, but they are nice.

mrspunkysmom
12-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Got an assortment of teas from my brother Joe and the BBC version of Sherlock Holmes, set in the 21st Century (like now?).

Joe got a Barnes/noble gift card. I like gift cards myself. I do not take it personal when someone gives me a gift card. Practical.

Freedom
12-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Crystal, sorry about the flu. Feel better soon!

That book reminded me of our Laura and Caramella!

Spunky's Mom, I've been watching that new Sherlock Holmes on PBS Masterpiece Theater, it is great!

3Catcondo
12-25-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm not done exchanging gifts yet, but what I've gotten so far is:

-KITCHENAID Stand MIXER (Artisan 5 qt)- from my mom, I have wanted one for a long time
-Kitchenaid Cookbook w/ recipes using my mixer
-pair of chic cowboy style boots
-ruffle purple scarf and gloves that match
-A Dallas Cowboy blanket and garden flag
-$50 GAP gift card
-$25 Target gift card
-Book The Lost Dogs:Michael Vicks Dogs and Their tale of of Rescue and Redemption
-new pjs
- socks and cute leg warmers
- cool earmuffs 180s Brand

Still have 4-5 friends to exchange with and the boyfriend. I've gotten some great stuff already, I'm beyond blessed. :)

blue
12-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Gonna be an Uncle.

Crayons09
12-25-2010, 06:31 PM
I got a new camera the canon rebel eos and I'm in love :love: so get ready for lots of pictures
A picture that I got of my Ole
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/Louis_bubbles/Newcamera032.jpg
Reindeer Ole says "Merry Christmas!"
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/Louis_bubbles/Newcamera031.jpg

Suki Wingy
12-25-2010, 10:48 PM
Pet Edge had a HUGE warehouse sale last Saturday, so I made the hour drive one way, and picked up at half price

Oooh is the sale still on? I'm going to be needing lots of grooming supplies soon.

krazyaboutkatz
12-26-2010, 12:26 AM
I got a $300 check from my parents:) and a $30 American Express prepaid gift card from a co-worker.:) My youngest brother and his family mailed me a package on Tues. but it hasn't arrived yet so I'll get another gift some time after Christmas.:)

I already went ahead and bought myself a few things that I wanted/needed:

2 packages of underwear-They were on sale and I needed them.:o

BearPaw slippers from Big 5- They were also on sale and I needed new ones. I love them so much that I ended up buying some for a co-worker and my mom too.

Kalib Complete Bedding Set in King Size by Hometrends from Walmart- Although I have a queen sized bed I like to buy king size so that I have plenty of fabic. It comes with one king comforter, two king shams, one king bedskirt, one king flat sheet, one king fitted sheet, and two king pillowcases. It has several different animal prints on it.

Here's the link with a picture of it and I got it for a better price in the store than I would've online. If you put your mouse over the picture it'll enlarge it so you can see it better. Here's the link:http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hometrends-Kalib-Complete-Bedding-Set-Brown/13269263. I haven't put in on my bed just yet.

I didn't get my cats anything this year because they already have so much.:o

ChrisH
12-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Sorry if I sound clichéd, but having a lovely Christmas day meal surrounded by my family beats any gift I had, or even may have wanted. :) .... With the exception perhaps of having Johnny Depp pop in to say hello and give me xmas hug ... oooh the thought.. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/thud.gif

Vette
12-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Nothing.

we celebrated it the 24th cuz my brother an a friend of his had to work Christmas day.
my brother brought up some BBQ ribs an his friend brought delicious side dishes an we had a whole lot of family time which was my favorite part.

as for gift wise i got fudge. fun little magnetic rocks. a adorable little manicure kit with its own matching case. got a couple free survey pets for my main Aion characters as well. an imma bring down my Wii to my brothers place an get a couple Wii-ware games. also hoping to get my hands on the new Golden Eye game

*LabLoverKEB*
12-26-2010, 02:48 PM
A SJ Sharks Jersey!! Omg I'm in love!:):):)
Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook (yay for being a nerd!)
Seasons 1-3 of Boy Meets World ;)
A nice pea coat from my mom
Lots of clothes
Chocolate
Money from grandparents

And lots of other fun little things!

carole
12-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Our daughter gave us two vouchers for any junk food we like(we don't do the junk food thing too often) and a bunning warehouse voucher which is a place you can buy almost anything for your home, we are doing a courtyard, which hubby is working on and is in progress, so will finally have a private area for ourselves and the cats, Yahoo, only been without it for 27 yrs. lol

Our son took us all out to a nice cafe for lunch the week before xmas, so that was special as it was my birthday treat as well, so enjoyed that very much.

I bought a water slide for my oldest great nephew and a little toy for my youngest great nephew.

I made up a big box of goodies for my son and girlfriend all filled with the things they love, we decorated the box with a giant bow and it looked pretty good.

We gave melissa a 30 dollars subway voucher, a nice top she had her eye on,an epilator,a sterling silver ring set,some toberlone chocolates,some sex in the city perfume,(which i also treated myself to a bottle)think that was about all.,and we also gave her boyfriend a 30 dollar subway voucher and a wallet, they just love their subway those two lol.

Hubby and i did not exchange gifts, although i did get him a suduko book, he likes doing those puzzles, and as my birthday was five days before xmas, i went and bought a nice umbrella for the outdoor set, got it a half price, a nice large taupe one which winds up and tilts, so very happy with that.

So yes that is about all.

Nikkita and Ellie-mae got their vaccinations for their xmas present, and Lexie,well she just got our love and continuing care.:) her is not due until march.

Pinot's Mom
12-26-2010, 03:14 PM
I got my husband home from the hospital with his back fixed!
I got theatre tickets from my kitty.
Coop and I don't exchange much; we're very blessed and don't believe it's necessary. He couldn't get around, so I went out and bought myself a new crockpot (the other one was about 30 years old) and cookbook, wrapped it up and called it his present to me.:)

Sandie-about that ceramic tree? I've wanted one of those forever, too!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-26-2010, 03:49 PM
I got a wonderfully happy day thanks to many friends, my brother and my cat brats!!! :D :D :love::love::love:

CountryWolf07
12-26-2010, 05:11 PM
- George Strait & Reba McEntire (and Leann Womack) tickets from Mike
- $100 check from the grandparents
- Espresso/Cappuchino machine
- GPS from Mike (he secretly put it under the tree and I had no idea about this gift, until I noticed the name tag on it..)
- Apple keyboard & magic mouse from Mike
- Mini Mac (bought it for myself, a big Christmas gift!)
- Garth Brooks in Nashville (that was my Christmas gift to myself & the boyfriend)
- Brad Paisley's "Hits Alive" two CD set
- Starbucks $25 giftcard
- Modern Family on Season 1 DVD
- Clothes (the basic needs...)
- Chipotle giftcard (Better use this up because in 2011, I will be watching what I eat and try to lose weight again..)

That's about it.
I didn't ask for much so I was surprised this year.

Catherinedana
12-26-2010, 07:26 PM
We spent Christmas day in the Emergency Room. My husband woke up with chest pains and I whisked him over the the hospital by our house without a second thought to the holiday. Turns out that he did NOT have a heart attack, but he does have atherosclerosis and he was not getting enough oxygen to his heart, hence the constriction in his chest. He has been in the hospital for two nights and will have an angioplasty tomorrow.

What did I get for Christmas? A second chance.. . .:love:

Cathy

CountryWolf07
12-26-2010, 07:38 PM
We spent Christmas day in the Emergency Room. My husband woke up with chest pains and I whisked him over the the hospital by our house without a second thought to the holiday. Turns out that he did NOT have a heart attack, but he does have atherosclerosis and he was not getting enough oxygen to his heart, hence the constriction in his chest. He has been in the hospital for two nights and will have an angioplasty tomorrow.

Cathy

That's the best gift you could ever (and any of us) could receive. A second chance! :love:

Pinot's Mom
12-26-2010, 07:48 PM

Cathy

My prayers go out to you and your husband. I know the feeling and I understand your sentiment. :love:

Alysser
12-26-2010, 08:03 PM

Cathy

That's truely a christmas miracle. :D Good luck to both you and your hubby tomorrow!

Catherinedana
12-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Thank you for your kind wishes!! Can't wait until he gets home. . .I miss him here where he belongs and Sonny is going crazy looking for his papa. He's even jumping on my shoulder when I walk by his cage. Sonny wants his KISSES!!

cassiesmom
12-26-2010, 08:32 PM

Cathy

Cathy, I'll be thinking and praying for you and your husband tomorrow. Hope all will go well! --- elyse

I got a new cordless phone and a new sweater for work from my mom and dad...
the new Rod Stewart 2-CD set of American classic songs...
And a new yummy smelling little candle which I already lit :)

krazyaboutkatz
12-26-2010, 11:05 PM

Cathy

I'll keep both you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that everything will go well tomorrow. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Karen
12-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Thank you for your kind wishes!! Can't wait until he gets home. . .I miss him here where he belongs and Sonny is going crazy looking for his papa. He's even jumping on my shoulder when I walk by his cage. Sonny wants his KISSES!!

Awww, sending you kisses, Sonny!

Good for you both, taking the situation seriously and now he can have the angioplasty and hopefully has avoided a major catastrophe!

carole
12-27-2010, 01:30 AM
I sure hope all goes well with your husband, get well wishes to him, and i hope he is home soon with you.All the very best.

Taz_Zoee
12-27-2010, 10:00 AM
I had more fun watching everyone else open their gifts. :)
But from Bruce's family I got:
to meet the new niece, Haden
$25 gift card to Target
nice turtle neck sweater
black sweater
cute blanket that says BOW WOW on it. :)

My family:
Bell (I collect them)
$25 gift card to BJs Brewery restaurant
PJs set (with pants and shorts)
calendar (my mom couldn't find an Aussie one so she got me a Border Collie one)
kitchen towels
knife set
HUGE bag of M&Ms

From Bruce:
earrings
tail lights for my car

Friends:
calculator and stapler that are blinged out with purple stones
air hockey game (its so fun!!)
beer bottle with lights in it and stones and bells (so cool!)
lots of candy!!!

My sister sent a package but it didn't arrive on time. I hope it arrives this week and didn't get lost.

*LabLoverKEB*
12-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Cathy, that is definitely a wonderful Christmas miracle.:love:

Cindy, Bjs is THE BEST!!!

Taz_Zoee
12-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Yes, we :love: BJs. :D (also because Bruce's initials are BJ :p)

Oh, I forgot that my mom got me the book The Art of Racing in the Rain.

And congrats to Blue on being an uncle!! :)

carole
12-27-2010, 01:09 PM
I never knew you were an aussie,? how do you like living in the good ole US of A, do you miss home?

NicoleLJ
12-27-2010, 01:38 PM
We got some awsome doggy & kitty stuff from our secret santa. Plus Doug got a raise at one of his part time jobs and on Christmas day he got a job offer from a friend that could pan out to be very good for us if he gets it. So turned out great. We also had a fabulous christmas dinner thanks to a very generous friend. We are planning next year to pass on the goodness and do the same thing for a family in need.

Asiel
12-27-2010, 06:44 PM
My biggest gift was being with family and friends. The rest of the gifts were materialistic, but given from the heart so they will be treasured forever.

pomtzu
12-27-2010, 07:04 PM
My biggest gift was being with family and friends. The rest of the gifts were materialistic, but given from the heart so they will be treasured forever.

Hey - I got the same thing. Imagine that!!! ;)

Cataholic
12-27-2010, 07:39 PM
I never knew you were an aussie,? how do you like living in the good ole US of A, do you miss home?

I think she means an Australian Shepherd dog, what we call an Aussie here. Border Collies have some similar attributes.

Taz_Zoee
12-27-2010, 07:51 PM
I think she means an Australian Shepherd dog, what we call an Aussie here. Border Collies have some similar attributes.

Oh thank you. I could not figure out who she was talking to. I guess I forget there are people from all over the world on here and that different things have different meanings.

Yes, I was referring to Australian Shepherd dog calendar. Sorry for the confusion.

carole
12-28-2010, 01:59 AM
oh dear yes i got that competely wrong lol, i read in to that , that you were from australia, she could not get you an australian calendar (we call australians aussie's) and then you were waiting for a package from your sister, which i took to mean she was in OZ, lol, sorry about that, i need to read the post better next time, oh well you became an honorary Australian for all of two seconds, not such a bad thing,not quite as good as a kiwi though, lol, that one was for your WOM my friend.:D:)

Confusion over, i understand now. DUH.:cool:

wombat2u2004
12-28-2010, 04:00 AM
oh well you became an honorary Australian for all of two seconds, not such a bad thing,not quite as good as a kiwi though, lol, that one was for your WOM my friend.:D:)

I thought an honorary Kiwi was someone who really liked sheep a lot. :D

Suki Wingy
12-28-2010, 07:19 AM
I thought an honorary Kiwi was someone who really liked sheep a lot. :D

No that's an honorary Welsh person! :D

wombat2u2004
12-29-2010, 05:08 AM
No that's an honorary Welsh person! :D

Don't tell Carole that, she might get offended.
Oh yeah, those Kiwis LOVE their sheep.
Aussie: So how many sheep do you have old mate ???
Kiwi: I hiv sex of thim. An why are ya so enterested in my famely. :p

carole
12-29-2010, 02:06 PM
Ah Wom you are such a comedian, maybe you should do stand up comedy, lol. cheers matey.:D

Anyhow back to topic, what did Santa bring you Wom?

wombat2u2004
12-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Ah Wom you are such a comedian, maybe you should do stand up comedy, lol. cheers matey.:D

Anyhow back to topic, what did Santa bring you Wom?

I gottttttttttt........some books, a couple of DVD's, a big box of chocolates from my daughter. My wife gave me hint presents :D Some stuff to put around the garden pool I'm about to build (I WILL get around to it one day),
one of the things is a life size crocodiles head, that floats on the top of the water...you know how crocs just stick half their head up ?? Like that....and it looks SO real........I'm going to frighten the crap out of some people coming around for a BBQ with that....hee hee :eek::eek::eek:

sparks19
12-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Here is Hannah's Big girl bed she got for christmas all set up. The curtains were gifts from her Grammy.

No bedding on it yet.. .it was in the wash
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/2nd%20set%20of%20pics/3rd%20set%20of%20pics/4th%20set%20of%20pics/5th%20set%20of%20pics/6th%20set%20of%20pics/163104_10150109881541125_753206124_7946901_3635657 _n.jpg

Her first night in her new bed

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/2nd%20set%20of%20pics/3rd%20set%20of%20pics/4th%20set%20of%20pics/5th%20set%20of%20pics/6th%20set%20of%20pics/DSC_0396-1.jpg

The bed takes up 75% of her little room LOL but she doesn't seem to mind. The paint job and the bed don't go together anymore either. I told hubby that this bed means that one day we are going to have to paint over the hundred acre wood :(

Marigold2
12-29-2010, 10:06 PM
We are having Christmas on the 2nd and 3rd this year. Slacker came home yesterday. We will open family gifts on Sunday and then Monday night all his friends come over to eat dinner and visit. We have a grand time.
I will make lasanga on Sunday night and then when I get home from work on Monday will just have to heat it and do veggies, salad and bread.
I am so looking forward to seeing all the kids. Well I call them kids but they are all in their 30's now. They met in junior high or high school and have been friends all these years.
So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suki Wingy
12-29-2010, 11:19 PM
Don't tell Carole that, she might get offended.

I say it only jokingly! I spent a couple of months in Wales last year and I'm already trying to plan my next trip back. I made many friends while there.

carole
12-30-2010, 12:47 AM
Don't worry suki wingy Wom is just pulling my leg, all in good fun, i am confused are you saying that people in wales have a lot of sheep?

What Wom is referring to is NZ has more sheep than it has people lol.:):D

DJFyrewolf36
12-30-2010, 01:58 AM
My parents sent me some gift cards which was really nice. Got a new plush chicken (I love stuffies lol) and some things I needed that couldn't wait until financial aid came through.

The real presents are coming as soon as that happens. I'm FINALLY getting a new DJ mixer, a virtual crate load of new tunes and a little sound effect goody that is too neat to pass up. I already got a great pair of headphones and a new 1 terabyte hard drive :D

Getting back into my passion is well worth it. I've neglected that part of myself for way too long lol.

wombat2u2004
12-30-2010, 06:14 AM
Here is Hannah's Big girl bed she got for christmas all set up. The curtains were gifts from her Grammy.

WOW !!! A four poster..........luxury :D

Bonny
12-30-2010, 02:43 PM
I have been bad as usual so got a sack of coal. :confused: Jumper cables for my old car, battery tester for the drawer full of questionable batteries, an Australian Cattle Dog Calendar I keep track of the weather on that calendar :cool:, a wild bird caldendar I keep track of bird migration on that calendar :), some fancy anti- bacterial hand soap in a pump, an interesting book, & a 500 piece puzzle. Oh & a nice new pair of jeans, my daughter in law doesn't like my old patched up jeans.:rolleyes:

sparks19
12-30-2010, 02:52 PM
WOW !!! A four poster..........luxury :D

I know... I don't even have a four poster bed. don't even have two posters lol and I certainly don't have colorful sparkle curtains :eek:

She has a better bed than I do

krazyaboutkatz
12-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Well I really splurged on myself today. I figure I work very hard for my money so why not buy some things that I've wanted for quite a while.:)

I received a $50 Best Buy gift card from my brother and his family on Monday so I went to Best Buy today and I bought myself a few things. I bought:

A new HP desktop computer that can be totally wireless if I want it to be.
A Samsung 23" LED Monitor to go with my new computer.
A Canon Printer which can also be totally wireless if I want it to be.
Bose Speakers for my new computer.
A Dynex 26" Flatsceen TV-LCD/DVD Combo

Everything was on sale except for the computer and I also qualified for an 18 month interest free payment plan. I already paid $480 towards it. Now I just need to set everything up and figure out where I want to put everything.:)

Husky_mom
12-30-2010, 10:56 PM

Cathy

def the most precious gift.. keeping yo both on our thoughts.. may he recovers quickly.. wishing you many many years together to come..

wish I had one of those... :(

I got the chance to be with my kiddos.. surrounded by the rest of the family.. we had a great time under the circumstances..

the kids got clothes and toys.. my boy was/is very happy..

I got clothes too.. a wallet and my most awesome LES provoking gift.. my kid gave me a drawing he made.. lol.. nothing special.. just he had used markers.. but he rolled it up as a diploma and had a ribbon tied.. he was really proud.. :)

I gave myself 3 things.. a bit earlier than Christmas.. a copy of the album I made for my inlaws containing only pics of the hubs, a pillow with various pics of us 3, and a canvas "painting" of my two boy loves..(kid n dad)

Suki Wingy
12-31-2010, 01:17 AM
Don't worry suki wingy Wom is just pulling my leg, all in good fun, i am confused are you saying that people in wales have a lot of sheep?

What Wom is referring to is NZ has more sheep than it has people lol.:):D

Yes, Wales is known for its sheep, among other things!

wombat2u2004
12-31-2010, 07:01 AM
I have been bad as usual so got a sack of coal. :confused: Jumper cables for my old car, battery tester for the drawer full of questionable batteries, an Australian Cattle Dog Calendar I keep track of the weather on that calendar :cool:, a wild bird caldendar I keep track of bird migration on that calendar :), some fancy anti- bacterial hand soap in a pump, an interesting book, & a 500 piece puzzle. Oh & a nice new pair of jeans, my daughter in law doesn't like my old patched up jeans.:rolleyes:

Geez...the only thing you didn't get was a pitchfork ;)

Husky_mom
12-31-2010, 09:50 AM
one of the things is a life size crocodiles head, that floats on the top of the water...you know how crocs just stick half their head up ?? Like that....and it looks SO real........I'm going to frighten the crap out of some people coming around for a BBQ with that....hee hee :eek::eek::eek:

my kind of thing!!.. love it!!..

Marigold2
01-02-2011, 12:47 PM
I got a Keurig coffee maker.
Gift Certificate to Boarders
Green sweater
Thomas Kincaid computer calender
Statue of a lady cuddling a kitty (so sweet)
Potpourri
Jimmy Morrison book (so very cool) with letters, poems, pictures he drew and a ton of personal items. Never seen a book like this. Come on baby light my said the Lizard King
Lady Gaga CD love Lady Gaga
Jewerely, lotions, creams, shower gels. Lots of girly stuff.
Gift certificate for Cheese Cake Factory.
Also Bunny Pink PJ's from Victoria's Secert.
And I just got back from Borders where I uesd a 50% coupon and my gift certificate to buy the complete set of Sex in The City. Wahoo
Monday night is our small party with the kids friends and there will be more gifts.
I feel very blessed for the thoughtful and loving items I have recieved.
Everyone put a lot of thought into what they bought for me. Things I really treasure.

Marigold2
01-02-2011, 12:50 PM
I always wanted one of these. Remind me of being a kid.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2010/Dec%2025%20Chirstmas/IMG_3725Small.jpg

pomtzu
01-02-2011, 02:30 PM
I always wanted one of these. Remind me of being a kid.

If you have any friends or acquaintances that does ceramics, have them make you one. Or take a ceramics class and make yourself one. Years ago, my then MIL took a ceramics class for the sole purpose of making a bunch of these to give as Christmas gifts. I still have mine, and it is displayed every year, without fail. :)

Miss Z
01-02-2011, 04:38 PM
I, being a girly-girl as per usual, asked for clothes, clothes and more clothes! Having said that, this year all were required to be machine washable. Handwashing... I could do without it. ;)

Other than that - money, chocolate and alcohol - to keep a poor student going!

wombat2u2004
01-02-2011, 08:43 PM
my kind of thing!!.. love it!!..

Hee hee. ;)