PDA

View Full Version : Pet Talk Meeting?

Cincy'sMom
10-29-2002, 08:16 PM
Staci ( Shais_Mom)and I were wondering if there was any interest in a Pet Talk gethering at the Findlay Dog Park yet this year. There seemed to be some interest earlier and we thought if we wanted try and get one in, it may be better before the Holidays. All the dates I posted at Sundays, but if there is a majority interest in a Saturday,we could try that too.

Nomilynn
10-29-2002, 08:19 PM
:( :( :( PT meetings are always too far away for me to go :( :( :(

RockyRoad
10-29-2002, 08:59 PM
Oh how fun it would be to go if I were old enough!! :( :( :( :( I'll go in about 6 years! Can't wait! Lol these PT meetings sound like so much fun, but imagine how hard it would be to get Lady to get along with the other dogs! Ack!

*LabLoverKEB*
10-29-2002, 09:56 PM
Britt, same with Sadie!:(

aly
10-29-2002, 10:25 PM
Hehe at the first official Pet Talk meeting, my dogs met another member's cats! My dogs like cats but the cats sure didn't like them!

shais_mom
10-30-2002, 12:06 AM
I'll for the 17th.

If anyone wants applications Amy has an extra one that she can copy and she is sending me one too to copy. Let us know!!

wolf_Q
10-30-2002, 12:21 AM
Findlay Park is in Ohio, right? If only I had more money........I'd go to visit Rachel and Anna and Rosie, and stop by there too!!! :D

AdoreMyDogs
10-30-2002, 06:14 AM
November 17th sounds perfect! I can and will do it. I already have paid my $10 and I have my little pass card thingie. I'm all set to go :)

jenluckenbach
10-30-2002, 06:18 AM
Please tell me more. Where???? How?????? Fees?????

ramanth
10-30-2002, 09:40 AM
It's not that it's too cold, but correct me if I'm wrong, but the pass only works until the end of the year, right?

If that's the case, I'll apply in January so I can have a pass for a whole year. :)

shais_mom
10-30-2002, 11:41 AM
YES! :) Kimmy the pass ends at the end of Jan so I don't blame you for waiting.

Jen, the meeting will take place at a local dog park in Findlay OH. Amy (Cincy's Mom) and Anna and I met there in Sept. And I meet Diane (Amy's mom) there about once a week.
I am not sure how far you are from Findlay Oh from PA but if you are interested, AMY or I can send you the application etc. It is $10.00 a year from Dec to Dec. The dogs just have to have updated shots.
Let us know!!

anna_66
10-30-2002, 11:52 AM
I think the 17th sounds feasible for us! I think I will try to bring Roxey & Huney this time!
It will probably be cold, so I'll bundle up this time:D

shais_mom
10-30-2002, 11:54 AM
OH ANNA!!! I would love it if you brought Huney and Roxey!!! I would love to meet Huney!!! AND see Roxey again!! Sweet!!!
Yes wear long johns and turtlenecks and sweatshirts!!! With a warm jacket,scarf, and gloves!! ;) We gotta take care of ya!

anna_66
10-30-2002, 12:08 PM
Yep! I'm just an old, cold woman....not cold hearted though!
Can't wait to see everyone, sounds like soooo much fun!

Andie
10-30-2002, 01:50 PM
As I read about all these pet talk meetings I realize that I live no where close to anybody on Pet Talk!

slleipnir
10-30-2002, 03:28 PM
PT meetings are always too far away for me to go
Agree with ya there :( I get dissapointed each time ;D

Cincy'sMom
10-30-2002, 03:57 PM
Sounds like we may have something coming together for the 17th. Yeah!!!

Where in Missouri are you Andie? My best friend lives in the St. Louis area (O'Fallan).She has been there 3 years and I have yet to visit her, but maybe someday I'll make it out your way!

Dakota's Mommy
10-30-2002, 04:02 PM
It's not fair, most of my family is involved, but I can't be because I'm too far away too! I wanna come. Guess I'll have to say no to this time, but if we ever do get to bring the girls home, I'll have to have Amy set up another meeting for Dakota & Destiny to join in on the fun! Hopefully one day!

But, for now, to all of you that do get to go: I better see pics as soon as this meeting is over!

Thanks!

Andie
10-30-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Where in Missouri are you Andie?

I live New Madrid Missouri. It's at the very top of the bootheel (the part that dips down into Arkansas) right next to the Mississippi River.

RockyRoad
10-30-2002, 04:38 PM
Awww tell me how it is okay??? I wanna go so bad!!! :( :( :( :( Well anyway, have fun everyone!!!:p

PS-try and get a hotel with a computer hehe

anna_66
10-30-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Dakota's Mommy
It's not fair, most of my family is involved, but I can't be because I'm too far away too! I wanna come. Guess I'll have to say no to this time, but if we ever do get to bring the girls home, I'll have to have Amy set up another meeting for Dakota & Destiny to join in on the fun! Hopefully one day!

But, for now, to all of you that do get to go: I better see pics as soon as this meeting is over!

Thanks!
Oh don't worry, you will;)
Whenever you do get to come home for a visit, I'm sure the girls would love to meet Dakota & Destiny!

sammi
10-30-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Dakota's Mommy

Thanks!

Where were you when a bunch of us got together last April in your state of Texas?! LOL

Yes, we did have a computer in the lobby to use!

shais_mom
10-30-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Yep! I'm just an old, cold woman....not cold hearted though!
Can't wait to see everyone, sounds like soooo much fun!

ANNA!!! I didn't say/mean that!!!!!!! you goof!!

anna_66
10-31-2002, 06:59 AM
I know:D

Cincy'sMom
10-31-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by sammi

Where were you when a bunch of us got together last April in your state of Texas?! LOL

Yes, we did have a computer in the lobby to use!

As luck would have it...she still lived in Ohio then!! Didn't move til June!

Dakota's Mommy
11-01-2002, 08:26 AM
Thank you Amy, you said it for me! I lived in Ohio until the middle of June w/ my mom and they started going to the dog park right before I left. Then, they started having these meeting a little while ago.

Plus, we just got Dakota in July and Destiny in October so we didn't even have the girls if we had been here in April!

Cataholic
11-01-2002, 01:29 PM
Hey- is this going to happen? I live in Cincinnati (where Cincy's mom SHOULD live, he he he)..but I don't have any doggies...:(

anna_66
11-01-2002, 02:10 PM
I'm assuming so Cataholic! You can come even if you don't have dogs, the more the merrier!

shais_mom
11-01-2002, 09:03 PM
agreed!! everyone is welcome!! the more the merrier!!! Not just doggie people!!! Ok?!

Cataholic- Cincy's mom (Amy) did live in Cincinatti. I think that MIGHT be kinda where her name came from but not sure. Chrissy, do you know? Or is it Christy? sorry! :(:(

Dakota's Mommy
11-04-2002, 10:58 AM
It's Christy, but I don't mind! Cincy was named that because both Amy and Ralph went to the University of Cincinnati. So, technically they both lived there for around 5 years each!

ramanth
11-04-2002, 11:04 AM
Is the 17th the decided date?

If so, Andy, Kia, and I will be carpooling with Leslie, Graham, and Kersey. :D

We are the unofficial navigators. ;)

Cincy's Mom, if you can PM me some directions to the dog park or know of an address to a building close by, that'd be appreciated. :D

Cincy'sMom
11-04-2002, 03:44 PM
I will do that later tonight. Is from 75 okay or is 23 better?

Cataholic...of course you are welcome to come even if you don't have dogs! And yes, my husband and I met in Cincinnati so that is how Cincy got her name :)

Cataholic
11-04-2002, 05:27 PM
I will do that later tonight. Is from 75 okay or is 23 better?

Cataholic...of course you are welcome to come even if you don't have dogs! And yes, my husband and I met in Cincinnati so that is how Cincy got her name :)

And, of course, I remembered that...goofy. But, do you think you could swing by and pick me up? Or could your brother (or was it your aunt) drive me up there? Give directions from 75! Please...

iceyshiver21
11-04-2002, 06:43 PM
id love to go but im only 15. when i go to collage though ill be there for sure my collage is around their somewhere.

Cincy'sMom
11-04-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic

And, of course, I remembered that...goofy. But, do you think you could swing by and pick me up? Or could your brother (or was it your aunt) drive me up there? Give directions from 75! Please...

Sure, I'll swing by Cincinnati on my way from Toledo! It would only add what 5-6 hours to my 45 min drive!! HAH!! I'd try to get my brother to come up, but someone he has avioded being a dog nut and I'm not sure it would be a draw to get him home.

Directions coming up 75-N
Now Directions:
Take I-75 North to exit 157 (Route 12)

Turn right. You'll go through a few lights across RR tracks and then a few more lights.
At the first major intersection (Main St.), Turn right.

Go through 1 light. At second light, turn left (SR 568, also called Sandusky St) Stay
on this all the way through town. It will go back and forth between residential and
commerical. You'll pass the fairgrounds, Blanchard Valley Industries and come to a
light by Brinkman's Farm market. Keep going sraight, you're getting close At this
point there is mostly fields and big new houses. 1-2 miles further out, you will see a
Twp. Fire Hal on the right. Shortly after that is TR 241. Turn Right.

At the stop sign Turn left.

Follow the curve around. Dog park entrance is on the right.

shais_mom
11-04-2002, 11:55 PM
CCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL !!
I am so excited now!!!! This is gonna be so much fun!! Lets all keep our fingers and paws crossed for the weather to hold!!

aly
11-05-2002, 12:49 AM
Every single one of you better have new batteries in your cameras when you go!

Cincy'sMom
11-08-2002, 03:39 PM
We're coming up on the 17...yeah!!!

What time do you want to meet?

shais_mom
11-09-2002, 10:56 PM
Around 2pm or 3pm sounds good to me. What about the people that have longer drives?

I have a very unusual request: Very Very odd, I know.
Do you think the people that come can bring a gallon or half gallon jug of water? The last time I was there there was only one gallon jug there. And with as many dogs as we are gonna have, we will need more! Just a thought. If you think this is an unreasonable request please disregard!!! Please don't be offended!!!!

Can't wait!! Keegan and I are so excited!!!

aly
11-09-2002, 11:00 PM
I know I'mnot going, but thats not an odd or offensive request at all Staci! Its very important for the doggies to have enough water!

I hope you guys have fun. :)

wolf_Q
11-10-2002, 12:34 AM
Hey guys! Rachel/Countrywolf07 and Anna and Rosie live in Ohio too! I'm trying to convince her she should go!! :D Do you think anyone could arrange a car pool with her? She's in North Olmsted!

wolf_Q
11-10-2002, 12:38 AM
In case you don't know where North Olmsted is she says it's about 20 minutes from Cleveland.

She also asked if somebody could email or pm her the exact info..... it's CountryWolf07 :)

Cincy'sMom
11-10-2002, 07:50 AM
I'll PM her info, but I don't know if anyone else is coming from that direction. Staci was trying to get Phred to come, but I don't know if that has worked or not :)

Thank you for postingthe water request Staci, I was going to do the same! I also have 1-1 gallon jug and I think my mom has 1 also.

I was also thinking around 2. I will PM Kim and see what see thinks...they have the longest drive....unless Johanna is coming?

anna_66
11-11-2002, 03:55 PM
I think around 2 would be just fine. And no Staci, I don't think it's an odd request, we'll bring 2, since we're bringing 2 dogs! Can't wait!!

ramanth
11-11-2002, 03:59 PM
Well... Lets put it this way.... did the area where the Dog Park is practice Day Lights Savings?

It gets dark so early.... like 6ish and I don't know if Leslie likes driving in the dark.

How long do you guys like to hang out at the Dog Park?

Meeting at 2 would give us roughly 4 hours before it gets dark.... and I know how time can fly.

I could easily spend 4 hours if not more at a Dog Park.

Just my 2 cents.

But I'm just the navigator... I'll go along with the general consensus. :D

Cincy'sMom
11-11-2002, 04:04 PM
I just got a PM from Leslie and she was thinking more 12:30-1? Does that work for everyone?

anna_66
11-11-2002, 04:09 PM
Yep, it works for us!

shais_mom
11-11-2002, 09:17 PM
ditto for me. I was just concerned about the people with the longer drives.

I was gonna try to bring a couple of gallons of water so I wouldn't have to ask but I only have 2 half gallon jugs and I don't think I can drink that much by Sunday!!! So I brought home an empty jug from the park today to refill and take!!

And FYI its gonna be chilly, like 30-40's so Anna DRESS IN LAYERS!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)

anna_66
11-11-2002, 09:18 PM
:p Thanks Staci! I will!!

moosmom
11-12-2002, 08:44 AM
Hey!

I just got an invite. I am SOOOOO excited! And yes, I will have brand new batteries in my digital camera. BTW, if it helps, I could always drive and have others ride with me, sort of a caravan. What do ya think???

anna_66
11-12-2002, 12:46 PM
That is soooo cool! I'm glad you'll be coming too:D

Anyone else?

ramanth
11-12-2002, 12:51 PM
I just got a PM from Leslie and she was thinking more 12:30-1? Does that work for everyone?

Works for me!

:D

moosmom
11-12-2002, 05:46 PM
I've got a 6(?) gallon jug with a spout I can bring for the dogs along with a gallon milk jug. Is that okay?

shais_mom
11-12-2002, 11:55 PM
HOLY COW!! ;) Donna that is plenty!! Actually all you have to bring is the gallon milk jug!!! That would be pretty heavy!!!;) But whatever you want!!
We are just happy you are coming!!

wolf_Q
11-13-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by anna_66
That is soooo cool! I'm glad you'll be coming too:D

Anyone else?

So there's nobody that could stop by North Olmsted to pick up Rachel, Anna, and Rosie? I obviously don't now where any of you guys live in relation to that, as I've never been to Ohio, lol.

You all BETTER take lots of pics to show us! :D

AdoreMyDogs
11-13-2002, 06:28 AM
Moosmom, Kimmy, Andy & Kia are carpooling with me if you would like to come too, that would be great. It's up to you, but I have a minivan and it will fit all the doggies and people just fine. Just let me know if you wanted to take your own car, or come with us.

anna_66
11-13-2002, 07:51 AM
Sorry Amy, I would pic up Rachel, but it is totally in the opposite direction from where we live or where we will be going. Sorry:( is there anyone else coming from the Toledo area that could pic her up?

ramanth
11-13-2002, 08:40 AM
North Olmsted is closer to Cleveland than Toledo.

moosmom
11-13-2002, 09:51 AM
I'm making cookies for the trip too :D. Snicker Doodles. And I've got 2 sets of rechargeable batteries ready! I'm set.

shais_mom
11-13-2002, 12:44 PM
yeah I don't think anyone from the Cleveland area is coming. Sorry. It would definately be out of Anna's way like by 4 hours round trip!

moosmom
11-13-2002, 02:14 PM
I gots bad news :(. I just had a family emergency come up and have to fly to Connecticut on Friday night. I won't be able to make the meeting on Sunday as I won't be returning to MI till Monday morning at 8:30. :( :( :( I really had my heart set on meeting everyone too. I'm really bummed.

anna_66
11-13-2002, 02:26 PM
Sorry to hear that, hope everything is ok with your family.

So, I guess this means no snicker doodles:( J/K!

ramanth
11-13-2002, 03:15 PM
:eek: I hope everything will be okay, Donna!

Sad that you can't make it, but there will be other times. :)

Just get home and see to your family.

Hugs to the furkids and Eli.

Cincy'sMom
11-13-2002, 04:31 PM
Sorry you won't be able to make it Donna. Hope everything is okay with the family.

Unfortunatly it would be about 3-4 hour round trip to go get Rachel, I did offer that if she could make it Toledo, to take her from here, but that is still about 1 1/2 hours, and a long drive for her. :(

moosmom
11-13-2002, 06:07 PM
Thanks guys! I hope you have a great time. My best friend's mom passed away this morning (I've known the whole family for over 35 years). I'm flying out Friday and will return to MI on Monday at 8 a.m., heading straight to work from the airport:eek: That should make for an interesting day. Have a wonderful time. I'll miss you. I promise the next planned trip I will be there AND bake lots of cookies.

((hugs))

Cincy'sMom
11-13-2002, 07:22 PM
Have a safe trip. Your friend's family will be in our thoughts.

anna_66
11-13-2002, 08:50 PM
Sorry to hear about your friends mom, you will all be in our thoughts & prayers.
I hope you trip goes good, take care & we'll see you next time;)

shais_mom
11-13-2002, 11:32 PM
ditto, we will miss you but please know we will be thinking of you
Take Care.

aly
11-17-2002, 09:47 PM
Ok, where are the PICS ???????? :D

moosmom
11-19-2002, 05:55 PM
How did the meeting in Ohio go? I hope you all had a great time. It was miserable in CT. It rained the whole weekend. I got in Monday morning at 8 a.m. and was so dead tired running on 3 hours sleep, I called into work and told them I'd be out. I'm feeling much better today. A weekend like that really takes alot out of you. But it's okay now. I hated to leave Susie because she is like a sister to me. I did manage to see my daughter for a couple of hours which I didn't expect to do. She looks wonderful!! She lost over 36 pounds on Weight Watchers and I am so proud of her. Do I miss CT?? Absolutely not.

So, like Aly said...WHERE ARE THE PICS???? :D

Cincy'sMom
11-19-2002, 07:29 PM
They are in the thread, "Fun at the Findlay Dog Park" :)

anna_66
11-20-2002, 06:10 AM
moosmom, I'm glad your trip went ok. And the meeting, it was a blast! Hope you enjoy all our pictures!

ramanth
11-20-2002, 09:23 AM
Happy to hear your home safe Donna. :)