PDA

View Full Version : California Underwater

lizbud
12-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Weather this Winter has been wild everywhere and California is not
being spared. They have been having torrential rains for days. I am afraid
the State is going to float away.:eek: I hope our PTers are doing ok.???

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40779006/ns/weather/

smokey the elder
12-22-2010, 10:09 AM
We always thought an earthquake would do in California. Now it looks like the Great Flood v. 2.0. Stay safe! The weather around the world has been just berserk lately.

lvpets2002
12-22-2010, 10:24 AM
:( I know Mother Nature is showing no mercy for CA & AZ right now.. Its all so sad.. My Prayers go out to all of the people..

lbaker
12-22-2010, 11:25 AM
I spoke with my brother in South San Diego but it's along the shore and so far so good. But Lizbud.... I had a chuckle when I first read the title of your thread..... I thought at first it said "California Underwear" :rolleyes::o:eek:

krazyaboutkatz
12-22-2010, 11:34 AM
I live in Northern CA and I'm fine.:) It's been raining here usually at night but it hasn't been as bad as they had predicted. I think that tomorrow will actually be a much nicer day.

Taz_Zoee
12-22-2010, 11:36 AM
I live in the Bay Area and we have not been hit that hard............yet. Many years ago Bruce said they flooded so much that water went into his roommates car and it was up to the door of the house and in the garage. There is a slight slope to our driveway.:eek:
Our neighbor learned her lesson that last time and when it rains she parks her car down the street away from the end of the court.
I hope everyone else stays safe and doesn't float away. I did hear out by my parents house it's pretty bad, and that's where I'm going tomorrow and for Xmas on Saturday. We might need to hook up the boat and bring it along!

Many years ago (I think the same year Bruce's place almost flooded) I was driving the day care bus to pick kids up from school. I came to a place in the road that was so flooded, I was in tears as I crossed. So scared the van was going to start floating or something.

Anyway, be super careful everyone!!!

lizbud
12-22-2010, 01:13 PM
I spoke with my brother in South San Diego but it's along the shore and so far so good. But Lizbud.... I had a chuckle when I first read the title of your thread..... I thought at first it said "California Underwear" :rolleyes::o:eek:

hee hee :D Well, there's that too.;) You're really in bad shape when it gets that deep.:p

Really, It's worrying when bad weather strikes. I always think of the peope
and their pets affected by it. Then there are the stray animals who have no
one to look out for them.:(

caseysmom
12-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Here in Northern California we are doing okay, they had my town on the news like we were under water or something...it was a big exaggeration.

cassiesmom
12-22-2010, 02:06 PM
Me too, I was thinking of all our California PT'ers this morning. Hope you're all okay!

RICHARD
12-22-2010, 06:58 PM
In the last five hours.

Sunshine, blue sky
Rain
Hard rain,
Sunshine in the front yard and hard rain in the back yard
Thunder,
More sun
HARD RAIN
sunshine, blue sky and a beautiful sunset, pink and blue.

robinh
12-22-2010, 07:10 PM
My sister lives in Orange and she says it not bad near her house but the rain just goes on and on.

lvpets2002
12-23-2010, 10:51 AM
:) See there Richard you have confused Mother Nature for sure.. I will send the Orc to help get things cleaned up.. Now the Orc is wanting to only wear his underwear to CA..

In the last five hours.

Sunshine, blue sky
Rain
Hard rain,
Sunshine in the front yard and hard rain in the back yard
Thunder,
More sun
HARD RAIN
sunshine, blue sky and a beautiful sunset, pink and blue.

lbaker
12-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Orc underwater in his underwear.... now THAT'S a visual I could do without ;)

lvpets2002
12-23-2010, 11:16 AM
:) And just think if he starts Rusting.. :p

Orc underwater in his underwear.... now THAT'S a visual I could do without ;)