PDA

View Full Version : New member

GILL
12-22-2010, 07:20 AM
Please welcome "Chatchie" the newest member to the "CREW".

THIS IS WHAT I SAW.

This sweet cat's owner passed away this week and she is now an orphan. A neighbor is watching the cat temporarily. These pictures are not too good, but below is the description sent to me by the lady who took the pictures.
These photos do not do "Chatchie" justice. They don't capture her sweet personality or her beautiful grey and white coat. I met her for the first time today...spent 30 minutes with her. She let me pet her, touch her paws, scratch her ears. She was totally serene.

She is a beautiful 3-4 year old, 19 lb main coon. As I can get pictures I will post them.

momcat
12-22-2010, 07:46 AM
Welcome to PT, Chatchie! What a beautiful kitty you are! You're going to be very happy in your new furever home where you'll be loved beyond measure and get only the very best of everything.

I'm sending you lots of "welcome" scritchies and lovies :love: Please come back to see us very soon

Queen of Poop
12-22-2010, 07:53 AM
She is beautiful. Welcome to your new home sweetheart. Look forward to seeing lots more of you.

Freedom
12-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Oh my, she is young! Usually when the owner passes, the pets left behind are "oldies but goodies" themselves.

Welcome, Chatchie!

moosmom
12-22-2010, 08:12 AM
GILL,

Congratulations on your newest addition! She's beautiful! I hope they gave you a piece of the owner's clothing so she'll have his scent. It'll help her transition.

smokey the elder
12-22-2010, 08:23 AM
What a gorgeous cat! I love her black beauty mark on the white mask. Maine Coons are the mellowest cats!

Arabella
12-22-2010, 08:48 AM
She's beautiful. Welcome sweetie. I teared up, makes me so sad to wonder what they feel when they lose their family, so glad there are loving caring people in the world to come to the rescue.

Lilith Cherry
12-22-2010, 08:53 AM
Chatchie you are such a beautiful lady! Thank you Gill for loving this addition and welcoming her to your home.

GILL
12-22-2010, 09:08 AM
The whole story is that her mommy passed about 6 months ago and dad was a drinker. The woman next door checked on them every few days. A week ago she found the dad dead in the bath tub. She called her friend Sherry and they talked the police in to letting them take the very matted and scared cat. Sherry has a full house as is, so the neighbor, who has never cared for any animals took her in, but could not keep her. The son wanted to sell her or take her to a shelter. In N.Y. that’s a death sentence ( right now the average shelter time in N.Y. before euthanasia is 3 hours). He was more worried about his dinner then his fathers death or Chatchie. Just wanted to get back to Colorado.
So with the police help they poofed her.
Like all Main coons she is layed back and loving, with beatuful long light gray and white coat.

Taz_Zoee
12-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Oh boy! She is gorgeous!! I also love her beauty mark on her cheek. :D Welcome to a wonderful home Chatchie!! :)

katladyd
12-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Bless you for taking in this lovely lady!:love:

lvpets2002
12-22-2010, 10:29 AM
:love: WoW Chatchie is very Stunning with Beauty.. Congrats Chatchie & Gill (john) for this baby a new PT furrever home..

GILL
12-22-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm not the one too thank, but Sherry her girl friend and the New York police that made it possible to keep this girl out of a New York shelter.

Husky_mom
12-22-2010, 11:43 AM
What a gorgeous cat! I love her black beauty mark on the white mask.

you got my words right out of my brain as they hadn´t even made it to my mouth...

what a pretty fluffy cat!!

Laura's Babies
12-22-2010, 11:48 AM
What a blessing for her that she has people that cared and was able to get her out before the unthinkable happened to such a sweet and loyal girl. Man, she is a real beauty and God Bless you for taking her in!!

Please just remember what she has been through and she is probably grieving for the loss of her human and her home.

cassiesmom
12-22-2010, 01:01 PM
God Bless the people who saw to her initially and I know she will now have a wonderful, happy life with you, Gill! She is beautiful!

krazyaboutkatz
12-23-2010, 01:24 AM
Congrats!!!:D She's gorgeous.:) I hope she'll enjoy many years with you and your gang.:)

moosmom
12-23-2010, 06:27 AM
John,

Has anyone asked you, "So how many does THAT make?" yet? The only response I give them is "Enough"

You are a God send for that little girl. Thank you for giving her a home for Christmas.

A VERY happy holiday to you and yours!
:love::love:

Donna and fur crew

GILL
12-23-2010, 07:45 AM
Thank you Donna
By the way it makes for a total of 25 in house. I still have the 4 black kittens that were pulled from the shelter and the 2 pullers didn't know what to do.
Every time I tell my wife that we are full. It seems that I find one that needs care right now.
It also seems that every time we lose one another is right there. We lost Lucky D the day before I was called to pick up Chatchie.

Medusa
12-23-2010, 07:48 AM
She looks pretty darned good to me, John. :) And what a lucky cat to wind up in your care. Talk about good fortune!

astrid
12-23-2010, 11:17 AM
I so love stories with happy endings!
Thank God for the beautiful people who helped little Chatchie! And God bless you for giving her a forever home.

Merry Christmas to you and yours :):love:

GILL
12-30-2010, 09:35 AM
Well I finally got some picture, but they still don't do her justes. She is so beautiful and sweet.

3Catcondo
12-30-2010, 12:31 PM
What a pretty girl. Glad she found a good home with you and the rest of your posse. :)

phesina
12-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Oh, what a gorgeous girl! And I especially like that little grey beauty spot on her face.

catmandu
12-30-2010, 04:50 PM
What a very Fortunare Cat you are Chatchie to go from one Great FurEver Home to another.:love::love:
So many Cats your age have trouble fiding their place in the sun, and here you are going to one of Our Very Best Pet Talkers.:cool::cool:
Happy Days to you Chatchie :D:D and Con CatUlations to you and our New Meeowmie from the Found Cats , Porch Ctas and All of Our Awesome Angels:cool::cool:

cassiesmom
01-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Hi, Chatchie! What a lovely, fluffy coat you have! Gill, she's beautiful!