PDA

View Full Version : The latest Census

sasvermont
12-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Well, I for one, having had a mail box address for the last 20 some years, have not been included in the census for as many years. I asked someone (a census worker) during this last fiasco of a census, why that was the case and they said I would have to contact the local census office. I was told that they do not consider a mail box, an address or home. Has anyone else experienced this? I understand it is difficult to determine who is renting the mailbox, but hey, they have been over looking me for years. I can't be the only person having this happen to them. Seems to me that they should have a better way of counting.:rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
12-21-2010, 07:16 PM
I filled out a census form...TWICE and they still sent someone to my house lol. Maybe one of my extra filings will count as yours! :D

Next time I am including the cats. ;) :p

Karen
12-21-2010, 07:18 PM
How completely unfair! You and your neighbors should all file a complaint!

mrspunkysmom
12-21-2010, 07:51 PM
But you still have a street address. Do you have a box out front? I do, even though I've used a private box for years.

I would still complain.

Twisterdog
12-21-2010, 08:47 PM
I have a PO Box. I live in a small unincorporated town, and there is no home mail delivery here at all. I never use my street address for anything, it's pretty much irrelevant. However, I get a census form every time it is done, always have, and all my neighbors do as well. It was mailed to my PO Box.

kitten645
12-21-2010, 10:16 PM
I live in apartment complex so I have an box number but I got and sent in my census a while ago. Don't know the details but I know they don't get 100% info. Wonder what the formula is.

smokey the elder
12-22-2010, 08:25 AM
Yeah, I love how they report the number, as 308,xxx,xxx; as if anything past the 308 has any scientific significance! (Just getting my analytical chemist geek on!:D)