PDA

View Full Version : Food Recall, Miss. Kroger

Freedom
12-19-2010, 09:02 AM
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20101219/NEWS/12190367/Kroger-recalls-dog-cat-food-varieties-that-may-contain-toxic-chemical

The items included in the recall may be contaminated with aflatoxin, a toxic chemical byproduct that occurs naturally from the growth of fungus on corn and other crops.

The following varieties of pet food are included:

# Pet Pride Cat Food sold in 3.5-pound packages with a sell-by date of Oct. 23 11 DP and Oct. 24 11 DP.

# Pet Pride Cat Food sold in 18-pound packages with a sell-by date of Oct. 23 11 DP and Oct. 24 11 DP.

# Pet Pride Tasty Blend Poultry & Seafood Cat Food sold in 3.5-pound packages with a sell-by date of Oct. 23 11 DP and Oct. 24 11 DP.

# Pet Pride Tasty Blend Poultry & Seafood Cat Food sold in 18-pound packages with a sell-by date of Oct. 23 11 DP and Oct. 24 11 DP.

# Pet Pride Kitten Formula Food sold in 3.5-pound packages with a sell-by date of Oct. 23 11 DP and OCT 24 11 DP.

# Old Yeller Chunk Dog Food sold in 22-pound packages with a sell-by date of Oct. 23 11 DP and Oct. 24 11 DP.

# Old Yeller Chunk Dog Food sold in 50-pound packages with a sell-by date of Oct. 23 11 DP and Oct. 24 11 DP.

# Kroger Value Cat Food sold in 3-pound packages with a sell-by date of Oct. 23 11 DP and Oct. 24 11 DP.

# Kroger Value Chunk Dog Food sold in 15-pound packages with a sell-by date of Oct. 23 11 DP and Oct. 24 11 DP.

# Kroger Value Chunk Dog Food sold in 50-pound packages with a sell-by date of Oct. 23 11 DP and Oct. 24 11 DP.

Aflatoxin can cause pets to exhibit signs of illness including sluggishness or lethargy combined with a reluctance to eat, a yellowish tint to the eyes or gums, and severe or bloody diarrhea. Pet owners whose animals experience any of these symptoms are advised to contact a veterinarian immediately.

catmandu
12-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Yet more Pet Food recalls:mad::mad::mad:
Because it is Pet Food does not mean quality controls shoule be ignored!!!:mad::mad::mad:

phesina
12-19-2010, 03:39 PM
This is not just in Mississippi Kroger stores.

Since Kroger is the big supermarket chain in Michigan, I went to their web site to see if it's in effect here too. Here's what I found (at http://www.kroger.com/services/Pages/recall_information.aspx):

------>
Active Recalls

PET PRIDE CAT FOOD, 18 LB , PET PRIDE TASTY BLEND POULTRY &SEAFOOD CAT FOOD, 3.5 LB , PET PRIDE CAT FOOD, 3.5 LB , PET PRIDE KITTEN FORMULA FOOD, 3.5 LB , KROGER VALUE CAT FOOD, 3 LB , KROGER VALUE CHUNK DOG FOOD, 50 LB , OLD YELLER CHUNK DOG FOOD, 50 LB , PET PRIDE TASTY BLEND POULTRY &SEAFOOD, 18 LB , KROGER VALUE CHUNK DOG FOOD, 15 LB , OLD YELLER CHUNK DOG FOOD, 22 LB

Affected in Kroger stores located in Indiana (except SW IN, -Evansville-), Illinois, Eastern Missouri, Greater Cincinnati, including Northern Kentucky, Dayton, OH and South Eastern Indiana, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama and Knoxville, Tennessee, Greater Memphis, TN, Arkansas, Mississippi and Western Kentucky, Michigan, Central and Northwest Ohio and N. West Virginia panhandle, Greater Louisville (including Indiana), Lexington, and Nashville, TN, North Carolina, Virginia, Eastern WV, Eastern Kentucky, SE Ohio, Texas and Louisiana; Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, FoodsCo, Baker's, Gerbes, and Food4Less Fremont stores.

Reason: The products may be contaminated with aflatoxin which can cause serious illness and even death to pets if consumed. Press Release

December 17, 2010
----------------------

Thank you, Sandie :love:, for the heads-up on this. I don't get these foods for my cats, but I think some is being used at the shelter.

momcat
12-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Thank you so much for the heads up on this. Even though we don't have the chain here in New Jersey, I will be passing this along to my friends owned by their pets just in case they have friends or family that might be affected by this recall.