PDA

View Full Version : Heart Felt Thank You from Kokopup

kokopup
12-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Seven Years ago at this time of year I learned I had Cancer and was facing the New Year with Chemo and Radiation treatment to look forward to. I made it through treatment and was doing fine for a while until radiation/Chemo treatment side effects started to show up. There were periods when I was really in despair and then Koko came into my life and rescued me when I thought things couldn't get worst. Unfortunately my side effects continued to take its toll, but koko was still there to prop me up. One side effect made my speech at times so bad that I stopped most of my contact with the outside world and my normal circle of Mountain Bike friends. For several years I had been elder spokes person for our close group. Because of my speech I was no longer comfortable even attending meetings. This left a big void in my life because for years I defined myself as being a mountain biker.

Because of Koko I found Pet talk and all of the wonderful people world wide. I know my written communication skills leave a lot to be desired, still I have Pet talk as window to the outside world that has enriched my life beyond words. I look forward every day to logging on and at least lurking through the pages of the pet world. The positive and often sad post have given me a window to the wonderful world we all share. I have made many friends that I will treasure forever. I hope I haven't made to many enemies with my sometimes to quick to post comments. I hope that everyone has a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy, prosperous New Year. Koko and Rascal sends their
licks and head butts to all.

Scooter's Mom
12-18-2010, 01:35 PM
I haven't talked to you very much, but it's been a joy being in PT with you. Koko is a delightful dog! I hope that 2011 is a better and more blessed year for everyone.

Merry Christmas from my gang...
Crystal
Jadie, Oreo, Charlie & Jingle Belle

zoey
12-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Merry Christmas to you too!
*nuzzles* from Zoey, Daisy and Roxy. :love::):cool::D

RobiLee
12-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Congrats to you for surviving your battle! I was also diagnosed with cancer 7 years ago and Pet Talk was a great source of comfort and an outlet for me. So I know a little bit about that.

Merry Christmas!!!!

Killearn Kitties
12-18-2010, 03:43 PM
I had no idea that you had had such a bad time of it. I'm very glad that you found Pet Talk, for you own sake and for ours! Koko has done a good job there. :D

I very much hope that 2011 is a better one for you.

Freedom
12-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Merry Christmas to you and Koko Pup!

I always find it interesting to learn how people found PT.

Karen
12-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Merry Christmas to you, too, and we are glad you found us! Good job, Koko!

pomtzu
12-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Bill - you and I did go head to head at first, but we both settled down (at least you did!:D) into a kinder, gentler mode. Tho often I am too outspoken, I hold no animosity toward anyone here. I greatly value your friendship, as I do that of many others here, and hope we are all around many more years to agree to disagree.

You've come a long way in your battle, and I would hope that if ever I was faced with what you have had to deal with, that I would have the strength to do so. You and Koko are truly a very strong duo, and I'm sending my love and blessings to you this Christmas season.

A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your entire family, and many, many more in the years to come.

:love: Ellie :love: Myndi :love: Sparky :love:

BTW - I'm still looking for that darn picture. It will show up one day when I've totally given up the cause.........:p

lizbud
12-18-2010, 06:17 PM
I think your communication skills are excellent & I'm glad you chose to
be a member here.:) This place is quite something, don't you think?:)
Wishing you & yours a blessed Christmas and all the best in the new year.

cassiesmom
12-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Merry Christmas to you, Kokopup, Koko and Rascal! Prayers for continued good health for you and blessings for 2011! Cassie sends purrs and head bumpies :D

Hugs,
elyse

kokopup
12-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Thank You everyone for your good wishes. I am very fortunate to be a part of the Pet talk community.:)

krazyaboutkatz
12-19-2010, 12:05 AM
I'm glad that you found PT. It's a wonderful pet friendly community with amazing caring people.:) I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy New Year too.:)

Medusa
12-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Blessings to you and your family, Bill, the ones w/skin AND the ones w/fur. Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas and an even better 2011. :)

Bonny
12-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Bill the word game & animal name game along with all the great pictures you take the efford to post would not be the same without you. You are needed here every single day to challenge our brains, to keep us spry young whipper snappers as Gabby Hayes would of said long long long ago :D Glad you whipped that cancer too. :)

gini
12-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Merry Christmas, Bill. I too am glad that you found Pet Talk and have enjoyed all of the fun and people who bless this forum. I am looking forward to 2011 as well - that it brings good health for all of us.

wombat2u2004
12-20-2010, 07:30 AM
Merry Xmas to you to Billy Boy :D