PDA

View Full Version : This year sucked!

kitten645
12-17-2010, 08:16 PM
In spades! From Hobbes passing on New Years Day to our lose of Phred. There have been precious few good things at all in my life at least. Have you all felt the same? Can't wait for this year to be over and start a blank slate in 2011!
Claudia & Calvin

Taz_Zoee
12-17-2010, 08:19 PM
I agree, this has been a sad year. Bruce's sister-in-law's brother-in-law (her sisters husband) died in January. Then our friend took his own life in October. Then my sister-in-law's mother passed away the day after Thanksgiving and of course our dear Phred. :(
I do hope 2011 is a better year for all!

Husky_mom
12-17-2010, 08:28 PM
add me to the list :(...

one great thing is I have my kids and health.. and awesome family n friends..

but it overall it indeed sucked :´(..

Karen
12-17-2010, 08:43 PM
But there were bright spots as well! Look at all the Pet Talk babies born, and thriving, and the newly rescued pets ... Sending you all hugs.

A new year does always feel ripe with potential, doesn't it?

Alysser
12-17-2010, 08:43 PM
I can't say it's been terrible. I took a few blows this year.

This WEEK sucked, my friend/co-worker was killed by a drunk driver, my godfather's dad died, and then Phred died as well. :( This hasn't been my week. School has been better then usual, I am enjoying my senior year alot. It hasn't been the greatest, hasn't been the worst - but I am pretty fortunate. Got a new laptop, Mikey's gotten WAY better, my family & friends are all happy and healthy - I'd say I have it pretty good. This week just needs to not drag on anymore. I'm tired of people dying =/

cassiesmom
12-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Uhmmm... my family had my mom and dad's 60th wedding anniversary, two high school graduations, and two engagements -- so most of the year was good! But these last couple of months, I'd say since Halloween have brought some challenges. My mom and I were laughing the other day- we decided not to do a family Christmas newsletter this year, because it would be like a good news/bad news joke. But I am grateful for all the good things that happened in my family in 2010. And for new PT babies; PT babies from previous years growing up into beautiful children -- new PT dogs, cats and pets (Catty1's Zoe, Laura's Caramella, KAK's Alani and Blaze, MoFF's Chip and Chuck, and Helene's Sunny, Tangy, Carmela and Mischka come to mind).

Edited to add... I forgot that in 2010 I left a job I disliked and got a kick-___ job I enjoy very much! So except for the past several weeks, it's been a good year.

Pinot's Mom
12-17-2010, 09:54 PM
OK, gang, things aren't perfect. I sit here post surgery after a major infection with another site infection brewing. I am a vocalist, and, due to the problems leading to surgery, as well as surgery, have had to abandon my church choir for my most favorite season of singing. My husband has had an awful year of back problems culminating in surgery next week. Due to this surgery, we will miss Christmas dinner with the family. My kitty lost her best friend "Mousie" to the gears in the stair chair.

But you know what? We're having an open house tomorrow evening. We will celebrate our many friends and blessings even if neither of us can move from our chairs; our friends will take care of what needs to be done. The food is made and the rest will fall into place.

Count your blessings. I know with some there has been great sorrow. The loss of Phred is deep, but he would not want us to dwell on this. It is the season of the Lord's birth-REJOICE!

kitten645
12-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Better times ahead I hope. I love my PT peeps. Bit of reality and hope in your postings. Carmelita and other new babys are a joy for sure. Sadness will pass I hope. Phred I know Hobbes is looking for you. :(

krazyaboutkatz
12-18-2010, 01:30 AM
Well compared to 2008, this year wasn't quite as bad. Actually 2008-2010 have had several bad things to either happen to me or to someone close to me. In Dec. of 2009 I learned that my Sunny had cancer.:( He had to be put to sleep in late Feb. 2010.:( Both of my parents have been in poor health and they're taking a lot of medications. It's just so hard to see this.:(

A friend of mine who had Guillain Barre Syndrome a few years ago has now been diagnosed with CIDP which is a chronic version of Guillain Barre Syndrome. She started out with numbness in her legs and now it's spread to her hands and back. There's no known cure for this horrible disease.:( She currently on disability.

I do have many positive things though. I adopted 2 adorable orange & white kittens and they've really helped me through the passing of both my Sunny and Starr. I think that Sunny sent Blaze to me and Starr sent Alani to me because I can see some of their personalities/mannerisms in each of these boys.:)

I still have my job even though it's more stressful than ever and I have to work even harder to make the same amount of money that I used to before July 2009. I still have my health,home,health insurance, and enough food to eat. I hope that 2011 will be a much better year for everyone and that the economy will also start to really show more of an improvement.:)

Kfamr
12-18-2010, 03:27 AM
I began the year homeless and may just end it homeless. So, here's to 2011 and hoping good things come to all of us!

chocolatepuppy
12-18-2010, 07:21 AM
From fall of 2009 to fall of 2010 has been the darkest period of my life.:( My Faith, friends, dear old mom and furkids were all that kept me going.
I'm moving forward, to a whole new world, and am thankful for what I do have in my life. I'm proud of myself for managing to survive.:)
Here's to ~2011~:D Best wishes to all!

Laura's Babies
12-18-2010, 07:43 AM
It hasn't been my best year either. My sisters husband, the sweeiest guy on earth has cancer and is takeing Chemo and her grandson's (Brandon) tumor on his brain stem started growing again, cyberknife treatments were dissapointing and now he is on chemo too.

I have been unable to work since June because of the dizzy/balance issues and in trying to find the cause of that, it was discovered I have TWO brain tumors in my head. :rolleyes: Yes, TWO... Somehow the second one was missed in the first MRI report but was found in the second when a different set of eyes read my second one. I am now on long term disability and have lost my job.. Unemployed for the first time in over 35 years.

I am grateful I had disability insurnace and that the tumors are Meningioma's and to small right now to worry about. I also got a diagnoses as to what is causeing my dizzy/balance problems just this month "Migraine Associated Vertigo" and there is medication for that and it seems to be working so far.... just to late to save my job.

Also, I got 2 new great granbabies this year and I got Caramella. :love:

moosmom
12-18-2010, 08:04 AM
I try not to dwell on the bad stuff. I've lost 6 cats in the last year. Mollie Rose, RB 9/18/09; MooShoo, RB 2/13/10 (my birthday :(), not to mention all the fosters I've lost.

I'm hoping that 2011 will be much better than 2010.

Taz_Zoee
12-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Wow, this is why I love pet talk. Here I am dwelling on all the bad things that have happend, and I completely forgot all the good things!!
I got my Jaxter in June, three people I know had beautiful babies, plus all the babies here on PT. I also still have my job (over 7 years now), a house to live in with my amazing boyfriend and my 4 wonderful "babies". I have an awesome gig at the shelter and work with a great bunch of ladies there.

2011 will have its ups and downs just like every year. So I will just take them as they come. Next year my mom should have a job. But at the same time my best friends mom has brain cancer and only has a limited time left here with us (I am hoping she makes it through 2011 though).

So I welcome 2011. Come on and give me what you've got. I've got enough people in my life (including people here on Pet Talk) to help me get through it.......good and bad. :)

pomtzu
12-18-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm content to take the bad with the good, because it sure beats the alternative. I'm thankful that I was granted the privilege of just being here for yet another year, and pray that I will be granted at least a few more. ;)

Marigold2
12-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Through all the bad and the good we on PT are a family. That is always a blessings. My year was not too bad. Let us hope and pray for the soldiers overseas that are risking their lives to keep us safe. If anyone has a grip it is the family of a dead soldier.