PDA

View Full Version : My friend might be pregnant!

Genny
12-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Hello everyone,

It has been forever since I last posted anything!! How is everyone and all yall's animals?? Good I hope....

I'm here today cause I got a question concerning a very good friend of mine. OK...she just found out a few days ago that she thinks she's about a month pregnant..she's taken 4 test and they've all said the same thing--they've all been positive. Here's what bothers me...she has always been a smoker...ever since I've known her anyway... She smoked the whole month that she may have been already pregnant (which she didn't know tho) but now even after she's found out she keeps doing it...I keep telling her how unhealthy it is for the baby, but she says she just needs one..then as the day goes on that one turns into 3 or 4 a day... can't that kill or harm the baby?? It really scares me but she won't listen to me..I need help that I can give/tell her. I'm reallly worried about her..and the baby... Thanks for listening... :)

Freedom
12-17-2010, 01:37 PM
http://www.marchofdimes.com/pregnancy/alcohol_smoking.html

This may help.

Karen
12-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Tell her it is harmful for the baby. Ask her to talk to a doctor about maybe going on the patch if that is safe during pregnancy. She cannot change what she did before she knew she was pregnant, but it is important for the baby's survival, and health in the long run, that she stop smoking now. Smoking causes low birth weight, and can harm the lung development in the baby as well - see the link Sandie posted for complete info.

Genny
12-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Thankyou Sandie for the link. I sent that to her...and thanks Karen. I talked to my friend and from what she said she's gonna stop :) I'm so glad tho..it just really scared me for her to be smoking and be pregnant too...