PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #409

RICHARD
12-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Because of the sad news about our Phred this week's Thursday thread is dedicated to him.

Come in, have a seat and toss out a prayer for him, the people that loved him and the people that made him comfortable.

Thanks.

-----------------

When I do see a bird's nest in a tree I always think about Phred and the birds that would nest in the middle of his driveway.

I always said to myself, "better to have a nest in a tree than in the middle of a driveway....";)

Grace
12-15-2010, 05:42 PM
When I do see a bird's nest in a tree I always think about Phred and the birds that would nest in the middle of his driveway.

I always said to myself, "better to have a nest in a tree than in the middle of a driveway....";)

I hadn't heard about this. Were the birds Killdeer? We had one of those build a nest in out turn-around about 20 years ago. Really very cool.

slick
12-15-2010, 05:43 PM
I'm here Richard and like everyone else, I'm shocked and saddened. :( But you know, Phred wouldn't want all of use sitting around and weaping uncontrollably. He wouldn't stand for that so for a brief moment, I will wipe away my tears toast our special friend.

Could I please have a double BM with a twist of lemon? Ta! :love:

Here's to you Phred. Your legacy will be hard to match.:love::love::love:

RICHARD
12-15-2010, 06:09 PM
I hadn't heard about this. Were the birds Killdeer? We had one of those build a nest in out turn-around about 20 years ago. Really very cool.

Phred's 'burd' story.....

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=50686&highlight=burdz%2C+driveway

Slick,

Double BM, lemon twist.

To Phred....

Ta? Ta!

Cincy'sMom
12-15-2010, 07:45 PM
What a great story, Richard. No one could tell a "tail" the way Phred could.

I've been feeling a bit under the waether today, so how bout a shot of whiskey in some hot tea?

To Phred, with Love :love:

RICHARD
12-15-2010, 07:50 PM
What a great story, Richard. No one could tell a "tail" the way Phred could.

I've been feeling a bit under the waether today, so how bout a shot of whiskey in some hot tea?

To Phred, with Love :love:

Whiskey for your Tea....Feel better.

To Phred.:)

DONE!

Grace
12-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Thank you, Richard. Nice to know my memory still works.

We have a great picture of Momma Killdeer on her "nest".

What do you have for someone with a nasty cold - make it strong so I can sleep tonight.

DJFyrewolf36
12-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Sending up a toast for Phred :love:

My heart and prayers go out to anyone who has lost someone they love recently. So many good people passing so close to the holidays makes me sad but I know that they would want me to live on and stay strong. I think continuing the positive energy that Phred shared on Pet Talk is the best thing to do to continue his legacy.

Karen
12-15-2010, 08:36 PM
I'll bring lots of cookies, Phred always brought chocolate chip and variations to the Findlay gathering, so I will bring those here to share.

Pinot's Mom
12-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Barkeep, please, my usual Vodka & Diet Ginger. I have to stick with the familiar right now; a little shaken with the news of our friend.

Phred was needed above for other duties. A toast for a wonderful friend.

gini
12-16-2010, 12:38 AM
Richard I think I would like a coffee with Kahlua and cream and some of those yummy looking cookies. Here's to you Phred:love:

Slick, you are right - Phred wouldn't have wanted any tears showing - but dang it all - it sure is difficult to keep it together - his passing has hit me hard. Who will step in and offer prayers for all of our pets now?

He was a really really nice guy - so well loved by all of us who knew him - and we are going to miss the heck out of him and his humor.

(and who will order up firetrucks for me now?)

Cincy'sMom
12-16-2010, 05:35 AM
Is it too early for a little music in the bar? A think a lot of lyrics in this song fit Phred.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SOGCC6o1vw

The song is A Good Man by Emerson Drive.

I wanna be the one
When all is said and done
Who lived a good life, loved a good wife, and always helped someone in trouble
On the day they lay me down
Want everyone to gather ‘round
And say he was a father, brother, neighbour and a friend
He was a good man!

When I’m gone, I wanna leave a legacy
Of love and laughs and honesty behind me
Behind me…

momoffuzzyfaces
12-16-2010, 07:02 AM
Phred will be so very missed. I'll never forget Klamz juice!!!

I bet when Phred meets up with Mario heaven will rock from one end to the other. :love::love:

Gini, Phred will still be praying for our pets. He will just have the big guy's ear in person.:love:

Can you imagine the hoard of cold noses and wagging tails that engulfed Phred as he entered the pearly gates?:love:

RICHARD
12-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Thank you, Richard. Nice to know my memory still works.

We have a great picture of Momma Killdeer on her "nest".

What do you have for someone with a nasty cold - make it strong so I can sleep tonight.

A nice shot of whiskey?

DONE!

Dj,

How's about a Mountain Dew?

DONE!

Karen,

Cookies! A nice tribute...

DONE!

PM,

Vodka and GA.....and another toast....

Done.

Gini,

Coffee and Kahlua and just think of Phred when you see the Fiur Truks?;)

DONE!

CM,

A good song for a good man is always appreciated.

Thanks....

MOFF,

Klam Juice?;)

DONE!

lbaker
12-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Well I'm here as well. I am trying to have a smile and a laugh but dang it's hard right now. The first time I met him in person (I had gone to visit him in the hospital a year or so ago) the first thing he said to me when I walked through his hospital room door was "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!!!!" he he he.... "yes" says I..... "but here I am". He just said "thank you". Here's to you my dear phriend Phred....:love:

joycenalex
12-16-2010, 01:28 PM
a bottle of Veuve Clicquot Champagne for all of us to share in toasting our absent phrend. when duke and alex passed over, Phreds' kind words were such comfort. there must be many furries waiting for him to greet them.

RedHedd
12-16-2010, 06:11 PM
I've been SO crazy busy with work and Xmas stuff, I haven't had time to play on PT and am SO sad to learn of the loss of our dear, Phred. I haz a sad. Barkeep, a glass of Klam Juz plez, with extra ice.

:(

RICHARD
12-16-2010, 06:27 PM
I've been SO crazy busy with work and Xmas stuff, I haven't had time to play on PT and am SO sad to learn of the loss of our dear, Phred. I haz a sad. Barkeep, a glass of Klam Juz plez, with extra ice.

:(

One Klam Juz, extra ice?

DONE!

JNA,

One bottle of Vevue Clicqout...

To Phred!

DONE!

LB,

Nice story....:)

slick
12-16-2010, 06:59 PM
I woke up this morning thinking about Phred and all that he has meant to PT and people around him. It is such a sad loss. I wonder what Bootz da Kat and Bowser thought when they saw him coming through. What a reunion that would be.

Love you Phred. :love:

Could I please have something tall and strong. My BFH is on the rampage again - she trys everything to make my feel small. :( Some days it really works.

Here's to you Phred.

RICHARD
12-16-2010, 10:05 PM
I wonder what Bootz da Kat and Bowser thought when they saw him coming through. What a reunion that would be.

Love you Phred. :love:

He probably is still wiping off the coveralls.....

One Tall and Strong one.
Here's to Phred....

DONE!:)

Taz_Zoee
12-17-2010, 09:50 AM
I don't think I've ever visited Thursdays, but I knew we'd be honoring our dear friend this week. I don't really drink, so whatever you've got without alki-hall would be great.
I never personally interacted with Phred, but always loved reading his posts. And was amazed with how he always helped out with the details of things when someone needed it. He was a HUGE part of Pet Talk and will definitely be missed here, but welcomed by many pets at the RB.

wolflady
12-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Wow, it's been a very long time that I've been to Thursday's - but wanted to make a toast to Phred as well. Although I didn't meet him in person, he was most certainly one of the good guys. I'll never forget the Firemen at Gini's BBQ and what a blast we had!
One extra large Bailey's please, and cheers to our friend Phred!:love:

zippy-kat
12-17-2010, 11:47 AM
A toast to Phred. I miss him dearly.:love::(:love:

lvpets2002
12-17-2010, 12:00 PM
:) Yes a Toast to Phred.. He will be greatly missed by everyone.. Such a love for life weather it be 2 legged or 4 legged.. Great Man..

I don't think I've ever visited Thursdays, but I knew we'd be honoring our dear friend this week. I don't really drink, so whatever you've got without alki-hall would be great.
I never personally interacted with Phred, but always loved reading his posts. And was amazed with how he always helped out with the details of things when someone needed it. He was a HUGE part of Pet Talk and will definitely be missed here, but welcomed by many pets at the RB.

gini
12-17-2010, 01:01 PM
I went to light a candle today for Phred - except now I just ask for his soul to be filled with joy.

Richard, I'd like a double Bailey's - and I hold the glass up high in a toast to a man "who made a difference".................we are so lucky.:love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
12-17-2010, 04:29 PM
I went to light a candle today for Phred - except now I just ask for his soul to be filled with joy.

Richard, I'd like a double Bailey's - and I hold the glass up high in a toast to a man "who made a difference".................we are so lucky.:love::love:

You are so right Gini, we are so lucky. As I was bending God's ear this morning, I thanked him that he allowed me to share this old dirt ball with such a kind man as our Phred. Never met him in person but I met his heart through Pet Talk. We were blessed to have known him. :love:

RICHARD
12-17-2010, 04:51 PM
You are so right Gini, we are so lucky. As I was bending God's ear this morning, I thanked him that he allowed me to share this old dirt ball with such a kind man as our Phred. Never met him in person but I met his heart through Pet Talk. We were blessed to have known him. :love:

A wonderful testament.

DONE!

Miz G,

A double Bailey's and your toast.

DONE!

LP,
Let me fill your glass.

DONE!

Hi Zippy,

A glass and a toast.

DONE!

Hi Wolflady.

A large Bailey's.

DONE!

Taz,
Welcome to our bar.

How's about a Coke?

DONE!

-----------

I just have a little confession to make.

When I heard Phred had passed I said, partially in jest, "Phred, If you have a little pull with the "Big Man" can you make the court date on Friday a good one?"

Phred definitely has some connections.

Don't ever doubt it.:eek:;)

DJFyrewolf36
12-17-2010, 11:59 PM
I just have a little confession to make.

When I heard Phred had passed I said, partially in jest, "Phred, If you have a little pull with the "Big Man" can you make the court date on Friday a good one?"

Phred definitely has some connections.

Don't ever doubt it.:eek:;)

For some reason this made me smile...I needed a smile today. :D

slick
12-18-2010, 01:12 AM
Can you imagine the hoard of cold noses and wagging tails that engulfed Phred as he entered the pearly gates?http://petoftheday.com/smiles/PetTalk_heart.gif Oh MOFF, this made me grin. You are so right.:)

Barkeep, can I please have my usual??? Ta and good night.

Randi
12-18-2010, 05:27 AM
I have been slacking a bit, but here I am - in honor of Phred. :love: :( :love:

Can I please have a "Cafe con leche" with a drop of Grand Marnier - and a chocolade cookie. Oh, and shot of Gl. Dansk to toast Phred... and John. Don't breathe on Boots after that! ;)

Killearn Kitties
12-18-2010, 06:08 AM
Barkeep, a glass of Klam Juz plez, with extra ice. :(

:D I can see Phred turning green at the very thought.

Trying to remember the laughs and not dwell on the sad, but our loss is surely heaven's gain. A glass of champagne for me too please Richard.

RICHARD
12-18-2010, 04:28 PM
:D I can see Phred turning green at the very thought.

Trying to remember the laughs and not dwell on the sad, but our loss is surely heaven's gain. A glass of champagne for me too please Richard.

One bubbly!

DONE!

Randi,

Cafe con leche with a drop of GM, shot of Gl. Danskfor Phred and Jon and that chocolate cookie.

DONE!

Slick.

A double BM and a Ta back at you!

DONE!

Bengalz
12-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Richard,

Kindly pour me a glass of bubbly in honour of our good friend Phred to toast the great man that he was :love:

Having never met Phred, I felt his friendship in so many ways and never missed a word he had to say because they were all thoughtful and came from a kind heart. He truly has a beautiful soul and I'm sure his spirit will always remain with us.

Cheers to you Phred !! Your star shines brightly on us all.

RICHARD
12-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Richard,

Kindly pour me a glass of bubbly in honour of our good friend Phred to toast the great man that he was :love:

Having never met Phred, I felt his friendship in so many ways and never missed a word he had to say because they were all thoughtful and came from a kind heart. He truly has a beautiful soul and I'm sure his spirit will always remain with us.

Cheers to you Phred !! Your star shines brightly on us all.

One glass!

DONE!:)

blue
12-18-2010, 11:49 PM
Ill raise a jar to Phred. Didnt know him well but he made me smile. Cheers.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-20-2010, 12:38 PM
*rattle rattle clank clink* OOps sorry for the noise. I was just getting myself a cherry 7 up. For some reason, I keep picturing Phred trotting around the rainbow bridge with a mob of animals following him with Mario perched on his shoulder!!!

Here's to you Phred!!! Hope your first Christmas at the bridge is wonderful for you. :love:

RICHARD
12-20-2010, 12:56 PM
*rattle rattle clank clink* OOps sorry for the noise. I was just getting myself a cherry 7 up. For some reason, I keep picturing Phred trotting around the rainbow bridge with a mob of animals following him with Mario perched on his shoulder!!!

Here's to you Phred!!! Hope your first Christmas at the bridge is wonderful for you. :love:

Here let me pour it for you!

Done!

Blue,

One martini?

DONE!