PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, I'm new here and already have a special request :-)

Swoozie
10-29-2002, 02:45 PM
I currently have 3 dogs and 2 cats.... A lab 7, Lab mix 11, and a "Swoozie" 1(bichon/lhasa mix) I just within the last year lost two dogs to cancer. A 17 year old Samoyed/Akita mix to hemmoragicsarcoma and a 13 year old Cockapoo to Lymphosarcoma. Both my Labber dogs now have MastCell cancer too. My special request is to help me help a friend of mine to win a dog contest. Could you please go to http://www.great-danes.org/great-danes/contest.phpand vote for the pic "7 Pups". it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

primabella
10-29-2002, 03:00 PM
welcome to pet talk! :)
i'm so sorry you lost your dogs:( and that your labs have cancer as well. :(
i tried to go to the link but it didn't work..:confused: maybe it's just me but can you try it again?

Cinder & Smoke
10-29-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Swoozie
Could you please go to
http://www.great-danes.org/great-danes/contest.php
and vote for the pic "7 Pups". Thanks!

The link here in the quote should work. ;)

tatsxxx11
10-29-2002, 03:13 PM
Hi Swoozie. I'm happy to welcome you to Pet Talk, but so sorry to hear of the loss of your doggies and your sick Labbies:( I tried to vote for your friend but couldn't link up. Please post the address again. I'd love to help!!:)

primabella
10-29-2002, 03:14 PM
hey, it worked now..:p
thanks..i voted for 7 pups..they're so cute! :D

Swoozie
10-29-2002, 03:25 PM
Hi primabella, and thanks !! the contest addy works best with IE and thanks for trying :-) finding out my "velcro dog" Bitsy, my cockapoo had cancer was a shock. My vet had suggested I do chemo on her, but chemo wouldn't have cured it, plus I couldn't even think to put her through it.. Her prognosis was 2 months, but I got to love her 7..My other dog had battled with arthritis and I used the MSM, chondrotin, glucosamie on her and it worked wonders for her. She was on that for about 3 years but then I noticed her legs getting shakey when she stood to eat and I took her to the vets to see about having her put on rimadyl for the remainder of her life. Knowing the long term affects rimadyl can have on a dog, I wasn't too keen on using it, but I had to do something for her.. they did a standard CBC and panel on her to check her liver functions before starting her on it, and that's when they noticed her blood work wasn't good.. she was anemic and they did further testing to find out why.... after doing a sonagram on her, they realized her spleen was engored with blood and ready to rupture and they said it wouldn't take trauma to make it burst... the cancer in her spleen was feeding on her blood supply..I took her home from the vets, called my husband and told him to come home... we loved her and cried for 2 hours and then took her back in to have her put to sleep...

Swoozie
10-29-2002, 03:35 PM
~ They will not go quitely, the dogs who've shared our lives,In subtle ways they let us know their spirit still survives. Old habits still make us think we hear barking at the door,Or make us step back when we drop a tasty morsel on the floor.
Our feet still go around the place the food dish used to be, And sometimes coming home at night, we miss them terribly., And although time may bring a new friend and food dish to fill, That one place in our heart belongs to them..and always will.. ~

ChrisH
10-29-2002, 03:40 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. I am so sorry about the loss of your dogs and the illness of your Labs.
I used the link as Phred posted it and voted for the (so cute!) pups. :)

tatsxxx11
10-29-2002, 03:48 PM
Thanks Phred! I voted..."7 pups" so cute!!:) Now I have to go blow my nose and wash my face. Reading about the passing of your pup Bitsy was so moving.

slleipnir
10-29-2002, 04:11 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your dogs :[ I voted for the picture you requested, welcome to PT btw :]

mugsy
10-29-2002, 05:38 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. I completely understand. I, however, am sorry that I can't read about it...I get WAY too emotional. I bawl like a baby even if I never knew the dogs or the owners.

I too voted for the 7 pups and they are WAY out in the lead now. 400 something to 200 something.

jenluckenbach
10-29-2002, 06:14 PM
Hi and Welcome to pet talk. I checked out the photos and "7 pups" was an easy winning choice. Let uys know if it wins.

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-30-2002, 06:15 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!! I am sorry to hear about your loss.

I voted! Your friend's pups are in the lead. They are so precious!!!

RockyRoad
10-30-2002, 06:48 AM
Aww welcome to PT and I am so sorry to hear about your dogs! Cancer is a pretty bad thing for a dog to have. Poor dogs I hope that they can recover. Even if they do not I am sure they bring you lots of joy and love right? I went to the link and voted. The 7 Pups are cute! It is so nice of you to want to help out your friend!! He/she should be very proud to have such a good friend!

No offence to anybody on this:
You were right to choose not to put your dog through chemo. It is too much pain for a dog. Think about how much pain it is for humans, then think of it two times worse. Dogs are more weak (sometimes) and it would hurt them more. Surgery can help, or putting them to sleep can also. But either way I think it is wrong to put a dog through so much torture when there are other methods. Thank you for helping that poor pup and the rest of your dogs and giving them the love and support they need(ed) in their time of pain and suffering. Best of luck to you all!:)

PS-BTW everyone I am aware that chemo. helps, I just think it is painful, that is all.

Tina
10-30-2002, 07:21 AM
Hello and Welcome. I'm so sorry to hear about your dogs. I also voted for your friends dogs.

ramanth
10-30-2002, 08:40 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your dogs. :( It's never easy.

All those danes were adorable but I voted for 7 pups. :)

Swoozie
10-30-2002, 07:54 PM
(((((((Thanks)))))))))) so must to all of you who voted :) :)