PDA

View Full Version : Hoodini got outside!!!

DJFyrewolf36
12-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Remus was messing with the neighbor cat through the gap under our front door and managed to pop it open!! :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: Hoodini is now outside and its raining. :( He bolted off (more than likely under the house) and now he isn't coming out for any reason.

Please send good thoughts that my boy will come inside soon!

phesina
12-15-2010, 04:38 AM
Hoodini, come home!

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

sana
12-15-2010, 04:55 AM
Aww...so sorry to hear he got spooked, hope he comes back in soon :(

Medusa
12-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Oh dear, they do know how to worry us, don't they? Hoodini, get back here!

chocolatepuppy
12-15-2010, 08:04 AM
I hope Hoodini is back.

happylabs
12-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Hope he is back too! I know how unnerving this can be. Buddy has gotten out on occasion and I am always horrified until I get him back inside.

Pinot's Mom
12-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Hoodini, please come in out of the rain! You've got everyone worried, and you've got to be hungry by now!

Freedom
12-15-2010, 08:25 AM
Hoodini, yummy food is waiting for you INSIDE!

cassiesmom
12-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Come back inside, Hoodini!

jennielynn1970
12-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Hoodini, you naughty boy, get home right now!!! You are going to worry your meowmie to death!

krazyaboutkatz
12-15-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Please come home Hoodini!!! I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

catmandu
12-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Our Pet Talker Serach and Rescue Squad is on the job :cool: and they are leaving a trail of Poco Loco pulled pork, chicken and beef to lure Hoodini back home where he is warm.
Maybe Hoodini is hiding from the rain, and will come back when it stops:cool::cool::love::love:

Freedom
12-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Just checking, no update yet? Uh - oh . . . .

Laura's Babies
12-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Remus! Now you get to that front door and let you Meowmie know you want back inside where it is safe, dry and warm!

mrspunkysmom
12-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Houdini, come back!

cassiesmom
12-15-2010, 09:25 PM
HI, God ~

Prayer Pups here ... We need a Search Team out lookin fur Hoodini.

The door gotted open accidentally when Remus was talkin wiffa Outside Kitty.

Could you please steer Hoodini back home? His mom is worried.

THANKS, God!
/s/ the Prayer Pups

(Elyse taking over for Phred for this request)

DJFyrewolf36
12-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Thank you for your thoughts! Hoodini is still outside...we saw him hiding out last night but no sightings today. I've been outside calling him with food and looking every place on the property I know to look. Spook has been out prowling, and from her patrol path I'm fairly sure Hoodini is still on the property somewhere (there is a cat sized hole that leads underneath the building and Ive seen Spook go there several times I just can't see too far in :mad: ).

*sigh* Another night of looking and then I'm going to call the shelters. Its a long shot because no one really takes cats to the shelter around here.

Catty1
12-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Maybe a live trap?

Hoodini, get home, silly boy!:love::love:

kitten645
12-16-2010, 12:25 AM
Hoodini please don't make like your namesake. You come home RIGHT NOW naughty boy! You KNOW how good you have it so scoot your tail inside now! Meowmie won't be mad at you and you will likely get treats and hugs and kisses like you've never seen!
Calvin

DJFyrewolf36
12-16-2010, 01:31 AM
I'm thinking about getting a trap. I don't have any money right now so maybe the shelter or the humane society could let me borrow one. The less time he spends out in this cold the better although knowing him he's found some warm hidey hole. *sighs*

Hopefully I won't trap Spook in the process of trying to catch him. :rolleyes::p

Sonia59
12-16-2010, 02:18 AM
I was hoping to read that Hoodini was back home this morning... :( Please, sweetie, come back now!

Freedom
12-16-2010, 07:32 AM
I was wondering . . . could you leave a trail of bits of salmon, leading up to . . . someplace you can corner him? And then leave a pile of salmon at the end? By now he must be hungry. Salmon is a good bait. Maybe you have a porch, and leave that door open, lure him in, close him in the porch and then catch him from there.

Hoodini, enough already, get back home!

DJFyrewolf36
12-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Well I know where he IS now...just gotta catch him. I'm manning a stake out near the door. He is hungry and cold but looks fine otherwise...now I hope his pea sized cat brain tells him coming back near the door for food is a good thing.

MoonandBean
12-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Well I know where he IS now...just gotta catch him. I'm manning a stake out near the door. He is hungry and cold but looks fine otherwise...now I hope his pea sized cat brain tells him coming back near the door for food is a good thing.

Hoping you get him back inside soon. :love:

cassiesmom
12-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Come back inside, please, Hoodini!

catmandu
12-16-2010, 04:06 PM
I have askedTubby 2 Angel , who once picked up Pouncierge up by the neck and brought her home, to help Hoodini inside.
We pray that our Cat Friend takes the hints soon,
it is amazing how contrary Our Cats can be.:love::love::love:

chocolatepuppy
12-16-2010, 05:49 PM
I hope you get him back in soon!

cassiesmom
12-17-2010, 12:41 PM
Just checking for an update. Come inside, Hoodini!

DJFyrewolf36
12-17-2010, 11:44 PM
I've determined that Hoodini is keeping warm under the building. There is an access at our neighbors, hopefully she will let me under there to take a look and maybe find his entry point. If we know that, he will be a lot easier to trap.

If I didn't love him so much...lol. At least I know he is being fed :rolleyes:

Freedom
12-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Knowing where he is, that is a big help, a good thing.

I'd be ready to wring his neck once I got hold of him! Not really, just cuddles, but GRRR! Get IN Hoodini!

DJFyrewolf36
12-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Well I called the county Animal services...and...:mad::mad::mad:
Thank you Lane County Animal Services lady for suggesting I get another F-ing cat because mine is skittish. Also charging a $100 deposit for a trap is completely ridiculous. Eat a big fat *expletive deleted* :P. At least Greenhill Humane Society is willing to help! In a couple of days I'll be able to rent a trap and hopefully catch my wayward kitty.

*sigh* I hope the trap works and that some *expletive* doesn't turn Hoodini in to Animal control. I don't have the over $200 "release fee" they want to charge if they "find" him. Trust me, if he does end up there for some odd reason I'll sell every thing I have to get him back.

I think that talking with the neighbors (most of them seem really nice) will help prevent this. There are quite a few outdoor, fixed cats out and about so I'm thinking if they know whose cat Hoodini is they'll just leave him alone and let me trap him.

Dang cat!!!!!

Taz_Zoee
12-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Oh my goodness! I hope you told that lady that suggested another cat......oh nevermind. I can't post here what I'm thinking. :mad:

Well, I hope Hoodini will either come home before you get the trap, or get IN the trap when you do get it. Come on Hoodini!! You need to get back in the house!

DJFyrewolf36
12-18-2010, 07:54 PM
The lady at the house next door has humane traps and is going to help us trap Hoodini TOMORROW!!!! I am soooooooooooo happy right now! She saw him in her yard today and thought he belonged across the street (they have a fat black and white cat over there). She was wondering how the bigger kitty got so thin lol. Mystery solved...:rolleyes:

I :love: my neighbors!

Catty1
12-18-2010, 08:59 PM
YAAY! Prayers that Hoodini is back home soon!:D:love:

(as for the county idiot, can her comment be reported to her superiors? A person like that has to have at least ONE...lol)

krazyaboutkatz
12-19-2010, 12:40 AM
The lady at the house next door has humane traps and is going to help us trap Hoodini TOMORROW!!!! I am soooooooooooo happy right now! She saw him in her yard today and thought he belonged across the street (they have a fat black and white cat over there). She was wondering how the bigger kitty got so thin lol. Mystery solved...:rolleyes:

I :love: my neighbors!

I sure hope that everything will work out and you'll be able to trap him.:) I'll continue to keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck.:)

catmandu
12-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Our Pet Talker Search and Rescue Squad has been trying to get Hoodini to go home, but Hoodini is stubborn, and a bit scared.
The Squad is telling Hoodini what rewards his Meeowmie will give her prodigal Cat.:love::love:
We pray Hoodini is home soon:love::love:

cassiesmom
12-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Ohhh, Hoodini! Come back inside, sweety! I was thinking of you today and hoping to read that you came back indoors. I hope you come in soon!

Freedom
12-19-2010, 09:15 PM
STILL outside? Oh my, Hoodini, you best not learn to LIKE it out there! Gosh, you must be going nuts worrying over him!

chocolatepuppy
12-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Oh Hoodini! I was hoping to come here and hear you were back in the house.:(

sana
12-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Hoodini!! Please come back, its been a loong time since you hid!:confused: Come back you naughty kitty! That's way enough! Your meowmie's extremely worried! :(

cassiesmom
12-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Dear Hoodini. This isn't good. Please, please come inside. Paws and fingers crossed that you'll find your way in SOON!

Lilith Cherry
12-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Hoodini it is too darned cold out there... you have a loving home so please go back inside and make your family happy!

katladyd
12-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Hoodini, it's Christmas time and that means being with your loving family. So...get your butt back inside!

Laura's Babies
12-21-2010, 08:18 AM
Any news today? Is he home yet?

gini
12-21-2010, 11:11 AM
I sure hope that he is home by now!

lvpets2002
12-21-2010, 12:59 PM
:love: Any New News on Hoodini coming home yet.. All Paws Crossed..

cassiesmom
12-21-2010, 03:28 PM
God, Elyse here and we have a problem...

Hoodini is still outdoors. It's cold outside, plus it's almost Christmas. His meowmie and his fans on PT are worried.

Could You please help him find his way back inside really soon?

Thank You! Talk to You soon!

/s/ Elyse for the Prayer Pups

katladyd
12-21-2010, 04:12 PM
God, I don't usually bother you with these kinds of things, but the Prayer Pups lost their Dad recently and I feel like I can kind of help with prayers and requests. Hoodini is outside in the cold and his meowmie and lots of others here are worried about him. Could you spare an angel to come down and help Hoodini home? We sure would appreciate it. Thanks.
Katladyd and The Boys

DJFyrewolf36
12-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers. The little bugger is still outside however, according to both neighbors he is crawling under one of the four buildings in the general area and has been getting food from myself and the neighbors. So far we have had a couple of false traps and there is a cat across the street that is almost identical to Hoodini :rolleyes:. Clone (as I like to call him) usually stays across the street but lately he's been coming over here. Most likely because of the increase in food being left out.

Hoodini is ok and he is hanging around. Catching him is a whole other story *sigh*. Last time he got outside we were tracking him for a month so I expect this to be lengthy. He turns into a total feral outside and it is as if I have to earn his trust all over again. I'm hoping since we have help this time, it won't take as long!!!

krazyaboutkatz
12-22-2010, 11:51 AM
I hope he'll be back inside by Christmas. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Some cats sure can be stubborn.;)

phesina
12-22-2010, 08:26 PM
PLEASE come back home soon, dearest Hoodini! You know you miss your family and those warm beds and that yummy food!

Freedom
12-22-2010, 08:50 PM
So far we have had a couple of false traps
When my Mandy got out and I had to borrow a trap, the first thing I caught was . . . my LACEY! :rolleyes: She looked SO pathetic in that itsy teeny cage, lol. Of course, ALL THE SALMON was gone . . . . :p

Continued prayers from RI for Hoodini to get back inside safe and sound and SOON!

cassiesmom
12-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Hoodini, I want you to come back inside now. Please, please, please!

DJFyrewolf36
12-23-2010, 05:04 PM
All I want for Christmas is my boy home...at least I know he hasn't been poofed anywhere.
Maintaining the vigil again today. So far I've managed to get two neighbor cats and Spook :rolleyes:

mrspunkysmom
12-23-2010, 07:05 PM
Get smart Hoodini! Get inside!

You named him well.

For years a friendly but street wise stray stayed in my mom's yard. She had litter after litter. Mom had a trap to catch her, but she was too smart. She caught all the known ones but not the one she needed to neuter.

sana
12-24-2010, 02:52 AM
Guess what happened a few days ago. I saw a cat, totally looking like Hoodini! :eek:...but it wasn't him..:( HOODINI you naughty boy! Get inside! Its cold out there and your family's sick and worried about you! You little worrying naughty kitty! Now come back! :(

Pinot's Mom
12-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Any news on Hoodini? :love:

cassiesmom
12-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Hoodini, please come back inside. I need you to come back in, please.

phesina
12-27-2010, 07:27 PM
Oh, Hoodini, please come home. You know you are right out there and how much you want to be there!

cassiesmom
12-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Hoodini, please come back inside. I am praying that you will.

DJFyrewolf36
12-30-2010, 01:49 AM
I saw him last night. Almost caught him too but in the rain he is a lot faster than I am :rolleyes:.

Following him around gave me a better idea of his routes. As soon as my financial aid comes in I am going to buy a humane trap (supposedly Harbor Freight Tools has them for $20). I have a few ideas of where I could hide a trap and lure him into it without him even noticing.

This is a process *sigh*. If I actually hunted, this would give me good training!

chocolatepuppy
01-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Come on Hoodini! Let meowie get you back in the house!

cassiesmom
01-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Please, God, please help Hoodini come back in.

Freedom
01-04-2011, 06:51 PM
I keep checking the thread title; when I don't see any change, I keep on praying.

katladyd
01-04-2011, 09:17 PM
I do hope he hasn't gone feral. I keep hoping and praying he is trapped and comes back inside.:love:

kaycountrygal
01-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Oh My, Sorry to hear your cat is outside and in the rain. I know that would worry me also. Keep us posted. Kay in NC at 10:49pm 1/4/11

DJFyrewolf36
01-05-2011, 04:13 AM
I keep looking and every couple of days I do see him. Now I'm just waiting for money to come through because I figure even at $3 a day, I'll use the trap long enough to just BUY the darn thing! :mad::rolleyes:
So I'm just going to buy one and go from there. I plan on living in this building a LONG time (until I graduate at least) so if I have to trap a different spot every day for months, I'm going to.
At this point not only do I miss him terribly, but also I am not going to let myself be beaten by a stubborn cat. ;)

chocolatepuppy
01-05-2011, 05:07 AM
I keep hoping I'll come here to check and Hoodini will be inside! :( Many prayers that you catch him soon.

catmandu
01-05-2011, 04:18 PM
This is such odd behavior for a Cat , although My Pouncierge may have stayed out a lot longer if Tubby 2 had not picked her up and brought her home.
:love::love:
I would leave sometyhing good from the Deli in the trap and pray you do not catch every stray as I did when I tried to snag Pouncer Roccalno:love::love:
Come Home Hoodini, Please!!!:love::love::love:

cassiesmom
01-07-2011, 11:59 PM
I keep hoping I'll come here to check and Hoodini will be inside! :( Many prayers that you catch him soon.

I do too! Come inside, Hoodini; I miss you!

columbine
01-08-2011, 08:52 AM
I wanna run wild
Kitty, it's cold outside
And act like a child
Kitty, it's cold outside
I wanna chase mice and birds all day
The mice and birds have gone away
Claustrophobia makes me jumpy
Your bed's all cold and lumpy
The neighbors will feed me too
That's something they shouldn't do
The road to "inside" is bumpy
You need to trust me, honey
The only good about it is you
I'll see you through

A cat needs some space
Kitty, it's wet out there
And has to save face
What can you get out there?
But I get so tired of mud and snow
You've got a better place to go
I want to be a lynx or a bobcat
You can't convince me of that
Not soft from an easy ride
We'll let that slide
That tuna smells good
Kitty, it should, 'cause it's cold outside!

Come home, Hoodini!

Love, Columbine

DJFyrewolf36
01-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Your continued thoughts about my boy are comforting! I sure do hope I can catch him, or if he has made a new human friend I can at least make sure he is in a good place.

Much :love: to everyone keeping track of this odyssey.

Husky_mom
01-08-2011, 11:39 PM
hadnīt posted till now.. but check often..

I also saw the traps and yes they are 21 and 26 med and big respectively.. if you need $ and have paypal let me know.. I can chip in a few.. I know what is to loose a pet.. but it must be harder seeing him just roaming and unable to get him back inside..

cassiesmom
01-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Dear Hoodini, Please come back inside!

To Phred in heaven and Catmandu's Cat Angels, could you please show Hoodini the way back indoors?

Thank you,
elyse

cassiesmom
01-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Hoodini. Sweet boy. Just come inside already, okay?

cassiesmom
01-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Hoodini, are you still outside? Please come inside!

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=12477258

Laura's Babies
01-17-2011, 05:42 PM
At least you saw him and know he is alright! I keep waiting for you to announce he just strolled back in one day like he had never been anywhere..

To bad you don't live close, I had a trap you could use if you did..

cassiesmom
01-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Hoodini, please listen up. This is your fan, Elyse. I would like your mum to be able to get hold of you and bring you back in teh house. Please.

God, please help Hoodini's mum to bring him indoors again.

cassiesmom
02-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Hoodini, I worried about you all day yesterday while I was watching the snow. I hope you are somewhere safe. Please let mum rescue you, sweet boy!

cassiesmom
05-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Come home, Hoodini!

Freedom
05-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Last I saw was the photo of him climbing over the fence.

Is he still around? Does this time of year mean it may be easier to get him in? (I would have thought the cold and snow would do it, but Houdini felt differently on that.)

I still pray you get him back IN!!!