PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I've taken on another responsibility...

moosmom
12-14-2010, 03:04 PM
There is an emaciated white cat around the block. Occasionally, I've stopped and given her both canned and dry food. She's not totally feral, but she keeps her distance.

As I was dropping off two plates of food, the girl came out of the house with a big plate of cat food for her. THAT made me smile!!! I told her to put it down for her and I'd give her more cans and would drop off a bag of dry food for them to put out for her as well.

She is fixed because her ear is "tipped". The girl said it was her cat's mama. She wanted to know if I was going to try and trap her. I said no, that she's been out here for a while and as long as she promises to feed her every day, I promised to keep bringing food. She said sure.

I'm going to the store tomorrow to make a makeshift shelter out of a Rubbermade bin. At least she'll have some shelter from the cold.

Okay, so I'm a crazy cat lady. So what??? Don't say it like it's a bad thing!!:p

carole
12-14-2010, 03:48 PM
You are amongst many cat crazy ladies here my friend, and you are one crazy cat lady i am honoured to know, with a heart of pure gold, thanks for making a difference in this kitty's life, without people like you Donna i hate to think what the world would be like, you make a better place for the unlucky ones, don't ever stop, even though i know you reach burnout sometimes, and it is no wonder.

Any chance of some pics, bless you again and HUGS.:love:

Taz_Zoee
12-14-2010, 04:21 PM
I'd take Crazy Cat Lady as a compliment! :D This is a wonderful thing you are doing for that kitty. :D :D

katladyd
12-14-2010, 04:33 PM
How can helping a poor, hungry, kitty be bad? Any of us on this site would do the same thing! Thank you for thinking of this little baby.:love:

moosmom
12-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll try to get pictures of her tomorrow when I drop off the dry food.

catmandu
12-14-2010, 05:59 PM
And a Crazy Cat Man as well.
If helping a Craeture of Our All Loving Lord God is crazy , then fit me for a padded cell, as I have tried to help the Porch Ctas and have a make shift shelter for them and dry food as canned food freezes now.
I think the crazy ones are the ones who are addicted to their TVS and Games!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
God Bless You Donna for caring.:love::love::love:

Medusa
12-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Well, crazy cat lady, you're in good company. I'm one, too, so is Melissa and Liz and several others here on PT. Even Gary; ok, he's no lady but you get my point. If we don't do it, then who will?

Laura's Babies
12-14-2010, 06:53 PM
We are all cat crazy here, that is why we all get along so well.. When other people say it, it is them laughing at us or calling us names.. Here is is the highest compliment! What else can we do when we see one in need?

momcat
12-14-2010, 07:26 PM
If helping a Craeture of Our All Loving Lord God is crazy , then fit me for a padded cell

I've already made my reservation for the padded cell right next to yours, Gary!

Donna, I can't comprehend anyone turning away from any animal in need. I carry a few cans of food in my backpack and try to generously distribute it to any stray kitty I see. Then I wish that kitty could have the life I try to give my sweet Groucho.

If only every human could be as crazy as you are..... :love:

phesina
12-14-2010, 07:44 PM
God bless you, Donna! (Yet again!)

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

kitten645
12-14-2010, 08:45 PM
What Carole said! :p
Claudia & Calvin

GILL
12-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Thank you Donna for all you do.
I wear the title CRAZY CAT GUY PROUDLY. Who else would trade in a Miata for an Accent and modify it so he could carry more cat carriers.
So I think you stand in very good company.

moosmom
12-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Thanks GILL. I just went over there today and dropped off a case of canned food, along with dry food that was donated by the Windsor ACO.

I promised that as long as they feed, I'll provide the food.

A Miata for a modified Accent? My car is modified to carry junk!! 2 carriers, dry food, canned food, towels, bottle of water and blankets.

cassiesmom
12-15-2010, 11:22 AM
If helping a Craeture of Our All Loving Lord God is crazy , then fit me for a padded cell!
God Bless You Donna for caring.:love::love::love:

Fit me for one too, please :)

catnapper
12-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Who says caring means you're crazy? You keep up the good work!

catmandu
12-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Thank ou so much , and I would be proud to share my padded ceoll with All My Pet Talker Friends.:):):)
And one day, many years from now we will share All Of Our Pets and be there when a poor neglected Animal comes up to the Rainbow Bridge , and we can put their wings of Silver and Gold on, making them an Awesome Angel and watch them as they fly to join Our Companions in a feast:cool::cool::cool:
One Fine Day:love::love::love::love:

phesina
12-16-2010, 08:02 PM
We will all share this cell one day! (PROUDLY, too!)