PDA

View Full Version : They will never find a better Dumbledore... :(

ramanth
10-29-2002, 12:40 PM
Actor Richard Harris dead at 72 (http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/25/harris.obit/index.html)

:( :( :(

Corinna
10-29-2002, 12:48 PM
I agree who can take his place. It will be intresting to see who they do cast. I vote for Sean Connery He's so sexy.

lynnestankard
10-29-2002, 03:16 PM
A great actor - a great loss.

Lynne

ChrisH
10-29-2002, 04:03 PM
He will be sorely missed. A great actor and a great character, an original.

There is quite a lot about him and his life in this link
Your tributes to Richard Harris (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/2363009.stm)

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-29-2002, 04:07 PM
Truley was a great actor! He will be missed. I am a big Harry Potter fan and read all the books so far. I loved the first movie and am looking forward to the next one. How sad he won't be in the others. Tough shoes to fill though.

delidog
10-29-2002, 09:21 PM
Oh how I loved him...i had not heard......
He was a great actor......

Sir Sean????Yes, I can see this....
Sir Anthony?????yes.....I can see this also....

kingrattus
10-29-2002, 11:05 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I saw thins on CNN last sunday while I was in the hospital waiting room for 4 hrs. They didn't say anything about him being in Harry Potter, I loved all the books & the first movie was the best, I got a dvd copy of it as soon as it came out. I loved all the actors, it was too good.... This sucks :( no actor will ever be able to replace him :( But Sean C. will have to do, cause he is one of my fav. actors, I loved dragon heart (I know it was his voice) & finding forrester was too darn good.

:(

popcornbird
10-30-2002, 01:26 AM
:( No more Albus Dumbledore. :( I hope they can find someone as good as him. He really did a good job acting in Harry Potter. I loved that movie. Can't wait to see the next one. I've only read the first 2 books and saw the movie. I like them all but I like the 1st book better than the 2nd. I heard from my friends that the 3rd is the best. Only reason I haven't read it yet is because of school. :( I think I'll borrow it from my friend in the winter holidays.

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-30-2002, 06:27 AM
The 4th book was awesome!!! The 3 rd too! I can't wait till the 5th one comes out!

RockyRoad
10-30-2002, 06:28 AM
They WILL NOT find a better Dumbledore than him!! He made his character from the book more realistic than even Harry himself! I'm not excactly interested in Harry Potter anymore but I used to be a HP fanatic. I really do wonder who will replace him, it will look totally cheesy getting another actor when they keep the rest of the old characters. But well it was not his fault. His time had to come. From what I had heard he had cancer, right?

wolflady
10-30-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
The 4th book was awesome!!! The 3 rd too! I can't wait till the 5th one comes out!

Me too!! I wonder when it's going to come out!

It is too bad about Richard Harris's death. I wonder who they will get to fill the role if they make the 3rd movie. Maybe they could use "Gandolf" from the Lord of the Rings movies!!

gini
10-30-2002, 01:04 PM
Before Richard Harris passed away, I read an article about him and his being chosen for the Harry Potter movie series.

He was reluctant to take the part and asked his agent if he signed on for one movie, how could he ever get out of doing the rest of them.

His agent's response was "you will have to die."

We have lost a giant - he was excellent in all of his films and he will be missed greatly by Harry Potter fans around the world.

HoRsELUvR
10-30-2002, 01:13 PM
i don't think it is possible to find a better Dumbledore.It's so sad!

AmberLee
10-30-2002, 01:13 PM
I greatly admired his work as Dumbledore, too.

Someone told me today that he sang the hit "McArthur's Park" in the 60s -- does anyone know if this is true? A weird, but haunting song. "... someone left a cake out in the rain; all the sweet green icing melting down..."

gini
10-30-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee

Someone told me today that he sang the hit "McArthur's Park" in the 60s -- does anyone know if this is true? A weird, but haunting song. "... someone left a cake out in the rain; all the sweet green icing melting down..."

Yes, that was Richard Harris!! Great song!

lbaker
10-30-2002, 01:41 PM
don't know the Potter books (kids are grown and grandson too young) but does anyone remember the show some years back.. i think it was a made for tv movie.... called THE SNOW GOOSE one of richard harris' best i think. i do like the "rugged" look better than the new "pretty boys" you see out there

Corinna
10-30-2002, 02:16 PM
Ok now I will date myself. Yes I remember Snow Goose. Also I think Richard played in a the broadway production of Sparticus.

ramanth
10-31-2002, 08:21 AM
Asides from Harry Potter, I think he did a magnificent job in Gladiator and The Count of Monte Cristo. :)

A real great actor...

lynnestankard
10-31-2002, 12:29 PM
I've been thinking a replacement actor for Dumbledore - I reckon Peter O'Toole could play the role or Ian McKellan would be good too.

Lynne