PDA

View Full Version : Just the sweetiest Santa story.

Laura's Babies
12-13-2010, 06:17 PM
I was at Pet Smart helping out with adoption day again yesterday and we were doing pictures of Santa with peoples pets too.

This family came in with their 2 little girls, one looked to be about 4 and the other maybe 6 or 7. They were walking by and the little one saw Santa sitting here and started yelling "SANTA! SANTA! THERE'S SANTA!" and broke loose from her Dad's hand and took off running right to Santa yelling the whole way "SANTA! SANTA! IT'S YOU! YOU'RE HERE!!!" with her arms outstretched to him. She ran right up to him and he opened his arms and grabbed her up, giving her the biggest hug, kissed her and asked her how she has been, she remembers he loves her don't she? He told her he knew she had been good all year because he had been watching her. She just kept hugging and hugging him saying "Santa! Santa! It's YOU!! It's really YOU!!!".. He'd kiss her again and told her "remember! I LOVE YOU!" I think the whole store came to a halt watching this wonderful heartwarming scene playing out right in front of them. She sat on his lap in awe of who she was seeing and touching.

Of coarse, they had their pictures made with Santa (I think they had a little dog with them that was in the picture too) and they stood around waiting for their picture to print, dry and be put in the frame and soon as it was done, that little girl grabbed it and ran right back to Santa yelling "LOOK! You are in this picture! Look! That's YOU!! and he had to look and steal another hug from that little darling girl and kissed the top of her head, reminding her again that he loved her..

That was about the sweetest scene I ever saw anywhere. It was so heartwarming and that is what Christmas is for.... the kids! What a little angel that little girl was, she lifted so many hearts and made so many people stop, watch and smile! A innocent Sweet little child...

I don't know who was playing Santa, he was dressed when I got there and I never saw him out of the Santa suit but I tell you one thing... He was the BEST Santa I ever saw. He was so good with that little girl, made her feel even more special and never got tired of her hugging him, or him hugging her.

I only wish I hadn't been so caught up in the moment and videoed it.

Freedom
12-13-2010, 07:00 PM
A real "awwww" moment, to be sure!

I am glad you DID see this, so you could share it with us!

Taz_Zoee
12-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Awww, this brought tears to my eyes. I was giggling and reading through the tears with a HUGE smile on my face, just picturing the entire scene. Too precious!! :D :D

cyber-sibes
12-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Awwww, thanks for sharing the story - I'm sitting here with a big grin and a warm heart. What a wonderful thing to see!

Lilith Cherry
12-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Oh that must hgave been so lovely! Isnt innocence priceless? Thank you too to Santa for beng such a nice guy!:love:

krazyaboutkatz
12-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Thanks for sharing this heartwarming story.:) Yes, I agree that this Santa is one of the good ones. I'm glad that he was able to make this little girl feel so special.:)

Laura's Babies
12-14-2010, 07:29 AM
It was so much fun doing those pictures with Santa and I especially loved the ones where the kids came and got their pictures with their pets & Santa. That always made a better picture but that precious little girl made the whole week end for us all. I don't think I will ever forget that.. I just WISH I'd gotten it on video so I could have sent it to a local TV station. It would have made a terrific heart warming Holiday story that I am sure they would have used.. It was just TO sweet!

gini
12-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Laura, a special thank you from me for telling us this heartwarming story.

We need to hear more of these stories to remind ourselves how wonderful life is and how much we have to be grateful for. This was a special gift for you - and look at that - there was no price tag attached!!:love:

Laura's Babies
12-14-2010, 07:08 PM
That whole scene was priceless and will stay with me every time I see a Santa!

K9karen
12-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Thanks for a beautiful description! I could picture everything in my head! I would have been a big old mushball crying my eyes out! Santa was awesome. He must have a heart of gold.