PDA

View Full Version : Graduation in December

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-29-2002, 11:49 AM
I got notified today that my Thesis was accepted and passed. This means I will be graduating in December!!! I am so excited! I will not be walking however. No one from my family will be able to come and see me walk. Even Andrew can't come because he will be out in the field :( But I will still have that Diploma and hood!!

Hurray for me :D

Logan
10-29-2002, 11:51 AM
Congratulations, Souraya!!! All that hard work has paid off, and I hope it will lead you to a perfect new position when you find out where you will be living!!!!! :)

Kater
10-29-2002, 12:00 PM
Congratulations, Souraya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a major accomplishment!

I hope you will celebrate together at another time if not the actual graduation ceremony!:D

Cinder & Smoke
10-29-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
This means I will be graduating in December!!! I am so excited!
I will not be walking however.
No one from my family will be able to come and see me walk.
Hurray for me :D

Hurray for You is right!!!!!

But please reconsider not "walking" :( for the Graduation Ceremony...
That's a pretty important event!
You ought to "walk" and have a friend shoot a video and some still photos for posterity!!

Bet Andrew talks you into attending the Ceremony! :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Edwina's Secretary
10-29-2002, 12:22 PM
But please reconsider not "walking" for the Graduation Ceremony...

I'm with Phred on this..... Walk for yourself...the thrill of acknowledging you did it!!!

I did not go through my commencement ceremony because I finished in August and had moved by the time it rolled around the following May. To this day I have dreams that I didn't finish my degree and have to go back. I think it is because I never had that "closure" as they say....

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-29-2002, 12:31 PM
Thank you for the congrats!

I don't think I will regret not walking. But will promise to reconsider.

Karen
10-29-2002, 12:38 PM
Yay!!!!! Congratulations! Were you nearby, I'd go! :)

ramanth
10-29-2002, 12:46 PM
Yay!!! Congratulations!!!

My parents were in Hawaii when I walked and while it was sad that they could not make it, I enjoyed the thrill of just being able to walk up, get my pic taken, and show off that I did it. :D

AmberLee
10-29-2002, 01:15 PM
Congratulations, Souraya! What an accomplishment.

We are SO proud of you. Well done.

I'd like to add my two cents worth in on the 'walk and videotape' brigade. Whatever you decide goes of course, but the tape is something you can share with your family when you do get together. Okay, I'll shut up now.

anna_66
10-29-2002, 01:33 PM
Congratulations Sourya!
What an accomplishment! We are so very proud! If I lived closer, I'd come too:D

tatsxxx11
10-29-2002, 02:18 PM
Hit the road, Souraya......That means...WALK!!;) Really, I think you'll be glad you did, having that moment in picutures, on film, to share with your family, kids, GRANDKIDS...! Hope you'll reconsider! Congratulations on your great accomplishment!

lynnestankard
10-29-2002, 03:05 PM
WOW SOURAYA - CONGRATULATIONS - WHATEVER YOU DECIDE TO DO - WELL DONE.

Lynne

sammi
10-29-2002, 03:27 PM
Happy Day! Congraulations Souraya - we are very proud of you! Please just at least think about walking for yourself. I don't think you would ever regret it but maybe regret if you didn't? I won't say anymore.

Dakota's Mommy
10-29-2002, 03:34 PM
CONGRATS! All of us here at Pet Talk are so proud for you. I know how you feel about not walking but one of my teachers in college (had her for several classes) tried to convince those who didn't want to walk to walk because she didn't walk when she graduated, thinking she would never regret it, and now wishes really badly that she did because she put all the work into getting the degree! I personally walked, but I respect your decision because it is your life and you have the right to do what you want to do! But again, CONGRATS on this awesome accomplishment!

Nomilynn
10-29-2002, 04:53 PM
congrats!! :D I think I would walk too. Do you have friends in your class you could go with? I think it would be worth it! Great Job!!! :D

Miss Meow
10-29-2002, 06:39 PM
Congratulations! That's a great accomplishment!

Maybe if you don't end up walking, you could have a party with your family and friends at another time and do a post-graduation walk with them???

trisha0503
10-29-2002, 06:55 PM
Congratulations Souraya;) Your family at Pet Talk is very proud of you!!!:) :)

slleipnir
10-29-2002, 06:58 PM
Congrats! I can see why your excited :D

Cookiebaker
10-29-2002, 07:12 PM
Whoo hoo! Congratulations Souraya, your hard work :eek: is paying off!! :D :DWhat was your thesis about??

Cataholic
10-29-2002, 07:30 PM
Yeah! Congratulations on your success! Way to go all the way. :)

Karen
10-29-2002, 08:11 PM
Um, if I can get someone to stand and cheer for you as my proxy, will you walk the walk?

kingrattus
10-29-2002, 11:17 PM
YAY CONGRATS!!
I'm graduating this year aswell, but I'm not going either, I don't have 100$ to go & no one will be there for me either, manely cause they don't want to go.

But congrats again!!!!

krazyaboutkatz
10-30-2002, 12:21 AM
CONGRATS SOURAYA!!!! I also agree with some of the previous posts. You should have the walk video taped so others can see it later. :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-30-2002, 06:34 AM
Anna, my masters is in Computer Science with an emphasis on programming. For my thesis, I had to develop an inventory software for a company in Atlanta that manufatures gas apparatus.

I may ask one of my sorority sisters to come and take pictures. But I really didn't make many friends this time around. Georgia Tech is a big school and everyone is busy doing their own thing. So, it won't be as fun as my undergrad degree. If I can get someone to take pictures of me, then I will go.

mugsy
10-30-2002, 06:48 AM
Congrats Souraya!! Isn't it a great feeling to have that piece of paper and know that your endless hours have paid off??? Now you can sit back and take a load off for awhile. Good going!!!!!

jackiesdaisy1935
10-30-2002, 09:06 AM
Oh Souraya, you worked so hard for this and I do hope you do the walk and have some photos to share. You know we will all be with you in spirit and thought, Congratulations on a job well done.
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

Cinder & Smoke
10-30-2002, 10:10 AM
... I may ask one of my sorority sisters to come and take pictures...
If I can get someone to take pictures of me, then I will go.

:D
Wheeeew!
THAT only took a page 'n a half of Hi Pressure PT Posting to accomplish! :rolleyes:

Now... Gotta lean onna Sorority Sis and it's Mission Accomplished!

Hey Draker!
What Sorority duz yer Mom belong to?

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-30-2002, 02:15 PM
Phred, I am an alumna of the Zeta Xi chapter of Gamma Sigma Sigma.

Corinna
10-30-2002, 02:36 PM
Please do walk I didn't for high school and wish now I had. this is so much bigger and more exciting. Congrats on having the staying power to keep at it and get it done. Woohoo!!

NoahsMommy
10-30-2002, 05:41 PM
How wonderful!!! I, for one, am VERY proud of you, it's a terrific accomplishment!

And please consider walking...at least for yourself. I go to school at night and will be walking (in how many years?:eek: ), its way too much work for me not to do it.

Yay Souraya!!:)

Crikit
10-30-2002, 07:19 PM
CONGRATS SOURAYA!!!!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-10-2002, 09:18 AM
Commencement Ceremony is the day after tomorrow. One of my sorority friends will be coming to take pictures for me.

I wish my mom, dad, and Andrew could be there. Maybe next degree!

Logan
12-10-2002, 09:20 AM
Hurray!!! I'm so proud of you, Souraya, and you know that your family will be with you in spirit, as will all of us!! You are amazing!!! :D

Sudilar
12-10-2002, 09:41 AM
Woohoo, Souraya!!!!! What an accomplishment!!!! You should be very proud!!! Congratulations!!!!!! Woohoo!!!

Chinadoll
12-10-2002, 10:03 AM
CONGRATS!!!!

I graduate in May...took alot longer than I had planned...deviated from my original course so much that I don't want to walk either....the meaning just isn't there for me anymore. I just want my diploma and to be done with it. Of course, I don't think my Mother is going to let that happen. She wants bragging rights. I think she'll throw a hissy fit if I tell her I'm not going to participate in commencement. It was all for her anyway....the high priced private university, being in tons of student loan debt... all to make her happy. I swear when I get that diploma I'm giving it to her and going in search of something I really want to do. Sorry to rant. I'll just be so glad when May comes.

Congrats on graduation and Best Wishes for your after college plans.

trisha0503
12-10-2002, 10:09 AM
Congratulations Souraya :) :) You'll be in our thoughts ! We're so proud of you :):)

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-10-2002, 10:14 AM
Chinadoll, I didn't want to walk for my undergrad degree either. And you bet that Mom threw a hissy fit. I ended up walking for her.

Now, for my Masters, I didn't want to walk coz no one was going to be there to watch. But everyone, including my Pet Talker friends wanted pictures :D So, I am going through with it.

I just hope the guest speaker isn't too boring. The one at my undergrad was horrible!!

Tina
12-10-2002, 10:29 AM
I just wanted to say sorry I didn't see this post earlier.

I also wanted to say (Congrats!!!!!!)

sammi
12-10-2002, 10:39 AM
We will be thinking of you! So happy to finally hear you will be walking - I don't think you will regret it. Looking forward to pictures.;)

Cinder & Smoke
12-10-2002, 10:46 AM
.. But everyone, including my Pet Talker friends, wanted pictures :D

I just hope the guest speaker isn't too boring.

Wear your CD Player under your robe! :cool:

CONGRATULATIONS!

And *wave* to the camera!

tatsxxx11
12-10-2002, 11:22 AM
We're all so proud of you Souraya!! Heartfelt congratulations and rest assured we will all be with you in spirit!!:) If you get bored, just think back on some of our more "memorable" Pet Talk sagas!!!:D (P.S...I'm glad your Mom threw that hissy fit!!:D)

lizbud
12-10-2002, 11:52 AM
CONGRATULATIONS SOURAYA ,

I'm so very happy for you!!! Also delighted to hear that you
will be taking the walk of pride & celebration. WOOHOO !!!

I hope you experience the event right down to your toes.It's
a time to feel the joys of a job well done :D

P.S. As for boring speakers, I think it's a prerequisite, isn't it? :rolleyes:

AmberLee
12-10-2002, 04:11 PM
Congrats, Souraya!!!

I am/we are SOOOO proud of you. And you just betya that we want photos -- lots of 'em, masses of 'em. Maybe even one of the boring speaker, even!!! ;)

Good luck and congrats!

Lillycat
12-10-2002, 06:03 PM
congratulations.......cant wait to see the pictures!

krazyaboutkatz
12-11-2002, 12:20 AM
CONGRATS SOURAYA!!!! I'm so glad that you'll be walking with the rest of your class. I also can't wait to see the pictures. Remember that all of us pet talkers will be with you in spirit. :)

Nomilynn
12-11-2002, 12:46 AM
I'm not all that interested in walking for my English degree either - because being a teacher has always been my ultimate goal, but I have too many people that would also throw hissy fits!!! :D

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

mugsy
12-11-2002, 02:28 AM
Souraya and Chinadoll, you're better people than I. I just flat out told my mother I was NOT going to willingly sit through another commencement ceremony. My mother, wonderful woman that she is, responded with, "THANK GOD, I hate those things anyway!!" lol

1 more day Souraya!! Congrats again.

Fuzzy317
12-11-2002, 03:19 AM
Souraya, is it the date/time 12/14/2002, 9AM - 12PM, place Alexander Memorial Coliseum? I wish I could go, but I can't get away :( , but I will ask my cousin to cheer if he goes. He teaches some Continuing Education classes at Tech.

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-11-2002, 07:22 AM
OK. I am a putz! When I posted that commencement was the day after tomorrow, I thought it was Thursday when it was actually Tuesday.

Scott, yes, it is 12/14 at Alexander Memorial Coliseum. I need to call Sandra and make sure that my airhead moment hasn't messed her up!

Souraya is panicing now!!

babolaypo65
12-14-2002, 10:36 AM
speaking as someone who has done one, it's a HUGE accomplishment. you should be very proud!
congrats:D

Aspen and Misty
12-14-2002, 10:47 AM
Congrats! I'm so proud of you! Its takeing my sister an extra year to acomplish her goal cause she gave up, so college must be hard! I'm so proud of you for makeing it!

Ash

zippy-kat
12-14-2002, 01:31 PM
Congrats!!!!!

Karen
12-14-2002, 04:02 PM
Seeing as today is 12/14th - are you all graduated now? Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ownerof3dogs
12-15-2002, 12:25 AM
CONGRADULATIONS SOURAYA I ma so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-15-2002, 09:10 AM
It's 12/15 and yes, I have graduated!!

Surprisingly, our speaker kept it short and sweet! It was unlike my undergrad graduation though. The Registrar read the names of the undergrad and they stood up as their namews were called. The grad students (me being one of them) got to walk up and get our hoods.

My sorority sister didn't show up! Can you believe that!! I was disappointed. I have tried calling her to see why she promised she would come and didn't, but she won't answer my calls. Go figure. The school had a potographer, and we were told to contact them if we wanted a picture. I plan on doing so.

Thank you for all your support and well wishing!