PDA

View Full Version : Kitties update.. pics on #13

Husky_mom
12-12-2010, 07:53 PM
sorry no pics, I know, I know.. boring if no pics.. but just wanted to share a bit.. :(.. havenīt got a memory card nor charged the batteries.. :(

the kitties have done great.. still being crated till they get used to me.. but it seems black kitty "Onyx" has done so already.. hehe..

for those that didnīt knew.. I adopted two kitties.. actually three but the third has babies so they are waiting to wean them before they give her to me.. so they gave me a BIG siamese girl and a black boy..

they were abandoned in a house actually 8 of them (and about to be PTS by the owner of the place).. one had a home already, one was another pregnant blackie.. the other six were to be placed so I took three (siamese, blackie and calico).. the other 3 were also placed (two more yearling blackies and a 3mo blackie)

they are so good.. they have allowed me to pet them since day one.. siamese (please help find a name) is more into herself.. mostly static in one place.. loves the lovinī but she just watches and minds her own bussiness..

Onyx.. my oh my.. he meows his head off and just wants out to be petted or fed or whatever.. he loves beyond love to be petted.. I did let him out for a bit while I cleaned his litterbox he wandered a bit.. but came back as soon as I called him.. such a doggie personality.. :D

there are a couple pics in a thread on Cat Rescue.. from the site and from when they arrived.. will try to get updated ones soon..

Freedom
12-12-2010, 08:07 PM
What does Roger think of these new additions? And have they seen HIM yet? LOL

What a house full you have Isabel! Still have all 12 bunnies? Keep the kitties away from them.

Photos would be lovely, yes!

kitten645
12-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Onyx sounds like a true blackie boy! And the big oriental girl sounds....well....like a big oriental girl! LOL! I hope these precious souls bring you comfort and love.:love::love: In your time of great sorrow, it is amazing that you have such a big heart to let these angels in.
xxoo
Claudia & Calvin

Husky_mom
12-12-2010, 10:23 PM
What does Roger think of these new additions? And have they seen HIM yet? LOL

What a house full you have Isabel! Still have all 12 bunnies? Keep the kitties away from them.

Photos would be lovely, yes!

well.. Roger was more intrigued by the noise they make.. lol.. still havenīt put them together per se..

the bunnies.. well.. sad story.. the day I went for my C-Section.. i fed them prior leaving.. the next day my mom told me two of them had died (I had only 6 left.. mom, dad and four kids).. i was so sad.. then the next day another one died.. I was confused as they were fine when i left.. my dad said one of them had some sort of scar but no blood.. very weird.. when I came back home there were non.. i freaked!!.. my dad gave them away as he thought it was some sort of disease and didnīt want to expose us to that.. (I kinda gave him the benefit of the doubt as he has not a clue about pets at all).. and worse of all.. I had no way of getting them back..

Onyx sounds like a true blackie boy! And the big oriental girl sounds....well....like a big oriental girl! LOL! I hope these precious souls bring you comfort and love.:love::love: In your time of great sorrow, it is amazing that you have such a big heart to let these angels in.
xxoo
Claudia & Calvin

really came unexpected.. but I felt the need to help.. they deserved it.. even if hubby was still around and that he would be like "are you crazy..more animals!!" I would have done it anyway.. and even if he got mad.. he would put up with me.. he always did..

Taz_Zoee
12-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Aww, I missed the thread where you said you were getting kitties. Ok, I'm off to find the rescue thread!!!
I'll be checking back here for pictures. :) I'm also trying to think of name suggestions for the siamese. Does the calico have a name yet?

Husky_mom
12-12-2010, 11:35 PM
hereīs the thread..
kitties I help rescue (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=164731)

the calico doesnīt has a name yet.. Iīm waiting for her to come to see how she acts like.. and see what name suits her best.. (my guess is a couple more weeks till the babies wean and she gets spayed)

the rescue had them listed as :
blackie: Ronni (now Onyx)
siamese: Polly
calico: Roxy

krazyaboutkatz
12-13-2010, 12:52 AM
I'm glad that your cats are doing well.:) Siamese cats usually love people and they usually seem to bond to one person. My Pearl is a siamese mix and she used to be much more independent as a kitten but now she's a very needy cat. She wants to be with me all of the time and she demands attention. She's also a very talkative loud cat. So your siamese may change later on as she gets more comfortable in her home.

Since it's getting close to Christmas you could name her:
Holly
Chrissy or Chris
Carol
Noel
Merry
Angel

catmandu
12-13-2010, 09:47 AM
God Bless You for helping those Two Found Cats!!:love::love:
And a pox on those who would leave their Pet Companions behind:mad::mad:
Your New Friends will love you for giving you that special home and Onyx is already letting you know what a very speciial purrson you are:love::love:
We are praying for the Little Cats of the Future too and Thank God they are all in Good Hands now.:love::love::love::love:

Husky_mom
12-19-2010, 02:02 PM
seems like Iīve been catproveed.. haha.. they both seem to like me.. well afterall Iīm the lady who brings the food.. haha

they rub into my legs and love head scritches..

Onyx is such a dog in a cat body.. very curious and vocal.. if thereīs a noise heīll run over to check it out.. but when I call him, heīd come back just as a dog would.. hahe.. and heīs the first to meow at me whenever he realizes Iīm around or about to bring in food :rolleyes:

our siamese, still nameless, has opened up.. heīs such a leg rubber (as in he rubs not actual plastic.. lol.. oh and heīs a he.. not a she)..
Iīve heard him meow maybe twice.. but very very loving.. he too loves the lovinī

Iīll try get some decent pics soon.. so you can see how cute and adorable they are.. I really canīt picture them biting.. as they told me they did to the persons who went pick them up for me..

pomtzu
12-19-2010, 02:46 PM
I had 3 Siamese at one time, and as you can imagine, never a dull moment. Their names:

Ming

Sam

Suki - the only girl.

A few ideas for yours:

Suki

Blu

Sammi

Other than that I'm drawing a blank.............:(

krazyaboutkatz
12-19-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm glad to hear that they both like you and are doing well.:) They probably tried to bite out of fear not because they are mean vicious cats. At least you now know that the Siamese cat is a male. I'm sure you'll come up with a great name for him. I'm also looking forward to pictures.:)

katladyd
12-19-2010, 11:51 PM
My Siamese is named Ming, and he seems to like it. I just took some pics of my boys today, so I will be posting them shortly.:)

Husky_mom
12-20-2010, 07:10 PM
hereīs a few pics.. sorry phone pics.. ;)