PDA

View Full Version : Please say hello to Ben the bichon!

Lilith Cherry
12-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Our house and hearts felt so empty after the loss of Leo that we decided to rescue another little dog in need of a home. This is Ben ( originally Frisou) He is a three year old ( just) xbichon/maltese and very small at 9lbs.

We went to a large rescue event last week ( Ten different rescues:eek:this area has lots of puppymills:mad:) and met him there. He is very friendly and was not at all bothered by the dozens of dogs and people attending the event. We filled in a very long and detailed application and got a call back next day. The ladies came out to inspect us and the home and decided we were suitable "parents" for this little boy!

He had been living in NO PETS building in a very small apartment with two very old people and was never taken for a walk. Consequently he got cabin fever and barked all the time!

After living with a lovely foster family for a while he has learned to love walks and other dogs although he will still need help learning not to pull on the leash. He had never been trained to pee etc outside so that is something to learn too. He is very clean though and uses his puppy pad every time.

He loves to play in the snow even though in places it is deeper than he is tall! His only worry now is that he is afraid of the cat:p Napoleon has made attempts to be friendly and is not at all aggressive except for a quick chase if he gets a cold nose in his private places:eek: We are sure everything will settle down quite soon and they will be friends.

The rescue ladies are very thorough and particular ( which is great) and answer any questions we might have . I have offered to volunteer with them and am looking forward to doing so.

Here are the pictures of our fluffy little boy!

Freedom
12-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Oh. My. Goodness! Just LOOK at wee BEN!!! Hello Handsome boy, you are now in a PT furever home, which is very lucky indeedy, fella.

That maltichon coat may be easier to maintain than a bichon coat. LOL

Give him some time to settle in, lol. He is going to be a wonderful, FUN doggie for you!

Ben, don't worry about the kitty, she will be polite as long as you are, he heee.

Pinot's Mom
12-12-2010, 01:41 PM
I figured Sandie would find this first!! :)

Congratulations on your new pup - Ben is adorable! :D

chocolatepuppy
12-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Ben!!!:love:

fritz03
12-12-2010, 03:12 PM
You sure look like a cutie Ben,looks like you like the snow,Fritz did too,you will get better to get along with the cat and learn to take walks and pee outside .it all takes time.I hope you like your new home.

anna_66
12-12-2010, 03:49 PM
HI BEN! Welcome to Pet Talk:D

He sounds like such a wonderful boy. I'm glad you were able to give him your heart and your home!

lizbud
12-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Well, hello Ben.:) He is such a sweet looking fellow. I am so happy
for you to find him to love. It speaks volumes that you were able to open
your hearts to another pup in need. I'm sure he & the kitty will get along
once he's settled in.:)

Lilith Cherry
12-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the nice welcome! Ben is settling in very well and he and the cat are starting to get used to each other. He also met my 4 yr old grandson and was calm and friendly which is another happy thing:)

Freedom
12-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Great that he is OK with the grandson!

Karen
12-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Awww, gotta love those big brown eyes! Welcome to the good life, Ben! :)

MonicanHonda
12-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Ello Ben :) Welcome to PT! :)

K9karen
12-12-2010, 09:37 PM
*Waves!* Hi Ben! Welcome to PT! I know you'll love your new forever home!

Varga
12-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Aw, what an adorable little face. Congrats to you on the new doggy. He's adorable and by the sound of it a real gentleman too. Just needs to learn that kitty language and dog language are quite different from one another, lol.

cassiesmom
12-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Yay, another fluffy-fluff on PT! I'm sure Leo had a paw in this :D I'm so glad Sandie and Barry saw this!

Hello, Ben! How nice to meet you this morning! You are going to have a very happy, joyful, fun life now! I bet you'll have no trouble learning how to go for walkies and how to "potty" outdoors. How wonderful that you know how to use a puppy pad too! (((HUGS))) Welcome!

krazyaboutkatz
12-13-2010, 11:54 PM
Congrats!!!:D Ben is adorable and I'm glad to hear that he's settling in well.:)

Alysser
12-18-2010, 07:09 PM
I don't know how I missed this. But congrats on Ben! :) He is absolutely adorable.