PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts for Athena, please!

Kfamr
12-12-2010, 12:42 AM
When I came home from work at 1PM today and let the cats out (we keep them in the large bathroom while we're away, since that's where we keep their box.) Athena walked out of the bathroom limping. I thought nothing of it at first because I thought maybe she had just slept on it wrong or something. Well, then she start wailing. Athena is an incredibly happy cat and I've never heard a sound like this come from her.

Luckily, I work at an animal hospital and I brought her in during my second shift today (we're closed but I have to go in and feed/water/walk/etc the animals and a vet tech comes in to check on all treatments.) I have the tech check her out and of course while she's doing that, Athena is acting completely normal, no signs of pain or limping or anything. When we got back home she was back to the same thing though. She's sleeping in my room under a bookshelf and wont move. When she does move, she screams like she's in pain.

I work at 8am and the vet on call will be there in the morning. He already said he'd check her out for me. I really hope it's nothing serious. I put a blanket in the bookshelf for her and put her food and water right there for the night. Thoughts for my sweet girl please.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs011.snc4/33920_498938204427_641444427_7107323_5830857_n.jpg

kitten645
12-12-2010, 01:41 AM
Oh sweet girl...I hope you are alright. I KNOW nothing is wrong but a sore joint that will be fine. You have a good vet so it will be okay little one. How old is Athena?

krazyaboutkatz
12-12-2010, 02:44 AM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( I know that cats are very good at hiding pain or illnesses. Hopefully it's nothing serious and she'll start feeling better soon. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

anna_66
12-12-2010, 06:56 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this Kay and I hope everything will be alright.
I know how they hide their pain...Roxey was always a good hider that's why it took so long to find out what was wrong with her. If they could only tell us what's hurting.

phesina
12-12-2010, 07:05 AM
Prayers and good wishes for Athena.

chocolatepuppy
12-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Pawsitive thoughts and prayers that it's nothing serious.

Catty1
12-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Prayers for sweet Athena! Feel better soon, beautiful girl!:love:

Laura's Babies
12-12-2010, 08:05 AM
Awww, poor sweet Athena, you have to show them where you are hurting so they can fix it up for you and get rid of your pain. Take care of your beautiful self and heal quickly!

Medusa
12-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Oh dear, hopefully it's nothing serious. Prayers going up right now for Athena. Keep the faythe. :love:

Karen
12-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Hopefully t's nothing serious, saying a quick prayer for your pretty girl.

Freedom
12-12-2010, 08:59 AM
I have the tech check her out and of course while she's doing that, Athena is acting completely normal, no signs of pain or limping or anything. When we got back home she was back to the same thing though.

Prayers for Athena, and for you too. Praying that it is nothing serious, and all will heal quickly.

I had a good chuckle when I read the above. It is just SO CAT! Typical, really. I'm sorry she is hurting, and it isn't funny. Like you, I worry and feel awful when something is wrong with one of the furkids, especially when I don't know what it is or how to help. It is just, this just hit me, it isn't only your Athena who does this. CATS! :rolleyes:

momcat
12-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Hi there, Athena,
I'm so sorry to hear that you have an ouchy leg. Please let the white coat check you over so you can feel better very soon. Prayers are being prayed that everything is okay. Sending you feel better lovies. Please ask Meowmie to let us know what your doctor says?

catmandu
12-12-2010, 12:29 PM
That has to be one of the scariest moments for a Pet Guardian when their Dear Cat or Dog Companion is not well and there is no visible reason.:(:(
We are prayiong for Awesome Athena:cool::cool::cool:, and are sending many prayers and best wishes for Our Dear Friend , that she will be well for Pet Mas.
:love::love::love:

Anikaca77
12-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Prays for Athena, I really hope it's nothing serious. Prays coming your way.

Melissa

Kfamr
12-12-2010, 05:30 PM
I had the vet on call check her out today. He was able to figure out that it was her left back leg that is bothering her. He wants me to bring her in tomorrow to get x-rays. He said it could be a tiny fracture or something like arthritis. I had thought arthritis too, possibly. She's not a youngin and it's really cold in my house so I'm not sure that helps either.

I really honestly cant afford to get xrays done so I'm not sure what's going to happen from here. I hope we can work something out. Keep her in your thoughts. :love:

Lilith Cherry
12-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Oh poor Athena! I hope everything works out okay and she is soon more comfortable.

Kfamr
01-11-2011, 02:07 PM
I haven't had a chance to give an update, but Princess Athena is completely fine now. She acted completely normal within a couple of days so we're guessing she just sprained something. All is well! :love:

kaycountrygal
01-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Tues, Jan 11
I just saw your thread. I am so glad Athena is feeling ok now. I know you are relieved. BTW she is a beautiful girl. Kay in NC

catmandu
01-11-2011, 03:19 PM
I remember one time My Princess acted like that as though something was really bothering her.
Well of course when I put her in the carrier and lugged her to the Vets, she was fine. I lefy her there and they found that she had picked up a sliver in her back paw!!
We are so glad that Athena is fine how, she is such a Great Cat Companion:love::love::love:

Laura's Babies
01-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Gee, SO glad it cleared up without being anything but a fright for you..

krazyaboutkatz
01-12-2011, 01:57 AM
This is wonderful news.:)