PDA

View Full Version : 2 people I know died :(

Alysser
12-11-2010, 09:47 AM
My Co-worker, who was 26, died last night. Apparently he was texting and driving. He was on his way home from a holiday party, as far as I know no alcohol was involved. :( I wasn't very close with him but we talked some times and he was a really nice and funny guy. Then this morning I found out my Godfather's Dad died last night as well. He was very ill but either way it's still really really sad. This weekend is starting to suck. I have to go to two wakes in one week, if I can even make it to my Co-workers. Sorry just kinda had to get this out.

ramanth
12-11-2010, 09:56 AM
So very sorry for your loss. :(

Freedom
12-11-2010, 10:32 AM
A lot to absorb all at one. Hugs to you. I am so very sorry to read of these losses.

chocolatepuppy
12-11-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm sorry Alyssa.:( Hang in there. Maybe try to stay busy. Life sucks sometimes. Do you have someone to go with you to each of the wakes? That helps. {{{hugs}}}

Karen
12-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Sorry for your losses. Use this as an excuse to remind all your friends to never ever text and drive. In fact, the best way to break yourself of the habit is to put your phone out of reach in the back seat before you start the drive.

moosmom
12-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. If you need to talk, call me. I'll PM you my #.

DJFyrewolf36
12-11-2010, 04:35 PM
((((HUGS)))) My thoughts and prayers are with you.

dukedogsmom
12-11-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm so sorry. I've heard that texting and driving is more dangerous than drinking. Sorry for your losses.

phesina
12-11-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm so sorry. Two losses one after the other, and for such different reasons. My deepest sympathy to you.

Yes, too late for your co-worker, but a lesson I hope for you and all his other friends not to text and drive.. sigh, what a way to learn.

Thoughts, prayers, and {{{{{HUGS}}}}} for you.

krazyaboutkatz
12-11-2010, 05:56 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Alysser
12-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks guys. Today was pretty hellish. I didn't know either extremely well, but deaths like this always effect me. I feel like I'm living in a dream. I'm just kind of lost about what to do right now. I don't know if I am gonna make it to my Co-workers wake. Ya know, as much as I've stated on here, on FB, verbally how much I hated work...well I think it's just taken me now to realize that it wasn't all that terrible. I mean, yeah we had drama, fights, unfairness, and whatever else went on over the summer but we were a family. Our whole department worked so hard and I think in the end after everything was said and done we all would do anything for each other. Yeah sure, I didn't like a few people but all I see now on Facebook and the like are statuses about our "family". We were a family, in our own way. Every department had their issues and alot of departments "hated" Entertainment because we were snobby or whatever...but no, we were all just looking out for each other. I can't say I loved everyone I worked with, but most of them were great people. We will forever be a family, dysfunctional or not. I regret saying I hated it now. I really do.

K9karen
12-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Well, believe me, A., we all say things under stress and bad situations. I worked over 35 yrs in a stressful environment with a gazillion different personalities, said things I probably shouldn't, heard things I hated etc., but when push came to shove,we were one big family. That's how families are. It's nothing new. You can't beat yourself up. Your friend's death wouldn't have hit you so hard if you didn't care. I'm so sorry for your losses. Life sucks sometimes. But there's a reason for everything altho we may not "get it". Sincerest blessings to you. You're so sweet and sensitive and a lovely woman and I hate to see you in despair.

Alysser
12-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Karen, thank you for that post. I do regret what I said, however, knowing how we all really feel about this tragedy reinforces how much we all care about each other. I loved my co-workers, maybe not their actions, but they were only human. People make mistakes and I've moved on. I just can't picture going back there next summer and him not being there, no one can replace him. I feel somewhat stupid, because while I didn't know him as well as some people who worked along side us, I have been going thru this as if I lost my best friend. I've only talked to him a handful of times in the 2 years I've known him but from the stories I've heard and whenever I saw him he was smiling at something. He was always nice to me though, he was always saying 'hi' and asking me how I was. Overall, he was a great guy.

As for the story, I have finally learned the truth about the nature of the crash. He was at a party, hosted by the Park I worked (dunno if I'm going back) for. He left early to get food at another place and everyone was going back to his and his room-mates house just to hang-out after the party. Some kid my age cut him off, someone w/o a license. :( By the time his room-mate got home, and some guests had arrived no one had heard from him - he wasn't answering texts or calls from anyone. The last person to leave the party, was stuck in traffic from the accident and he saw our friends car totaled, he stopped the car and asked the cops about it. They also had him identify the body. :( The kid apparently fled the scene but was caught, and he is being charged with manslaughter of some kind. So he wasn't texting, he died from someone else being an A$$hole driver. Shocker. Someone MY AGE, which is why I feel even worse now. No wonder so many people hate teen-drivers.

I am about to leave for my Godfather's dad's funeral, overall this weekend is very very sad. I can't wait till it's all over.:(

Catty1
12-12-2010, 03:50 PM
{{{{hugs}}}}

Alysser
12-12-2010, 10:10 PM
So this is kinda a rant now...the guy who caused the accident was driving with a suspended license is was given summonses for "causing the death of another while operating a vehicle with a suspended license and failure to maintain his lane", and was "charged with obstruction, hindering, and operating a vehicle while suspended". REALLY? That's it? I had heard at first he was being charged with Vehicular Homicide. He's in jail, but not for long. I'm just so mad, the court systems suck.

They also took blood samples from him to see if alcohol was involved. But I feel like that won't change much. I can't even go to his wake OR funeral, so I'm pretty peeved about that too. I think I'm going to make something tomorrow at school in my landscape program class to put on the side of the road where he crashed because that's being planned too.

Sorry, I'm just kinda throwing a pity party for myself here. This whole weekend really has messed me up and I'm just pissed at this whole situation.