PDA

View Full Version : Two Kittens

Bonny
12-10-2010, 08:24 AM
The last two weeks I have been taking care of two of the barn kittens & moved them into the basement sunroom. Whitey an angora about 2 months old contracted pneumonia & wasn't drinking his special kitten formula. I found him in the basket dehydrated & very sick. I went and got some amoxicillin at the veterinaries. He wasn't eating or drinking so used a syringe to hand feed him. It did not look good for about 3 days. Then Whitey snapped out of it & is doing really fine now.

About 3 days ago I did the barn chores & went to town. While I was gone hubby was outdoors & our dogs were barking at something in the barn yard. Bear another kitten got himself frozen to the water tank pipe. Hubby got some warm water & thawed Bear off the pipe. He bought him into the sunroom & laid him in the cat kennel & Whitey went & laid with Bear. I got somemore Amoxicillin for Bear to ward off infection. He is another long haired kitten. Hubby wrapped the pipe in burlap so none of the other longer haired cats won't get stuck. I keep the sunroom at 40 degrees & both kittens are comfortable. Both the sweethearts are doing fine & will be indoors until spring. The dogs literally saved Bears life.

Taz_Zoee
12-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Awww that is so wonderful that you helped out these two barn kittens. :) And thank goodness the dogs alerted your husband to Bear.
So, do we get to see any pictures of these babies?? :)

catmandu
12-10-2010, 09:40 AM
What a Hero Your Dogs ^^ ^^ :love::love: is to have let you know that those Two Kittens were in mortal danger!!!
We hope taht Your Dogs got a nice reward , and we know that those Kittens will repay their rescuers with so much love and companionship!!
What a great happy Story!!!:love::love::love:

Laura's Babies
12-10-2010, 09:45 AM
What a sweet story! Pictures of them sure would be nice!! (Hint! Hint!)

lvpets2002
12-10-2010, 10:47 AM
:love: God Bless you both for saving these two babies.. I do hope they get their health back & do good.. Congrats babies you both was saved from the cold..

krazyaboutkatz
12-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks for caring for them.:) I hope they'll both continue to be healthy now. They sound adorable and I too would love to see pictures of them.;)

cassiesmom
12-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Wow, Bonny, hubby and your dogs! What a great story! How sweet of Whitey to go and lay by Bear :) Happy, long life to you, kittens!

Bonny
12-10-2010, 04:00 PM
What a sweet story! Pictures of them sure would be nice!! (Hint! Hint!)

Not good at posting pictures so will describe the two boys. Whitey is 3 months old, snowwhite with long angora hair & blue eyes with light brown on his ears, around his eyse, nose , mouth, & tail. . Years ago a neighbor moved away & left his siamese tomcat behind. Our whole neighborhood has siamese crossed cats.

Bear is 4 l/2 months old a dark grey angora with beautiful green eyes.

They both sleep in the kennel at night & their purring is really loud. :D They are the best of buds. :)

Medusa
12-11-2010, 07:22 AM
Aw, such good doggies. Thank you for taking care of the sweetie kitties. :love:

columbine
12-11-2010, 07:52 AM
Now, that's teamwork! Congratulations to your whole (growing) family! :love:

Love, Columbine

phesina
12-11-2010, 02:33 PM
What a wonderful story! God bless you, and Hubby and dogs, for looking after these dear babies! ..and Whitey for cuddling up with Bear to warm him up after he was unfrozen from the pipe.

Thank you so VERY much, all of you.

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

momcat
12-12-2010, 12:38 PM
I can think of two little kittens who are very thankful to you, your husband, and your dogs for getting them free of the pipe and into a safe and warm place. They sound absolutely adorable and such good news that they're best friends already. Bless all of you for caring enough to help these babies in need! Do you plan on keeping them?

Anikaca77
12-12-2010, 02:45 PM
That is wonderful you were able to save them. I hope they both stay healthy.

Melissa

Bonny
12-12-2010, 03:48 PM
I can think of two little kittens who are very thankful to you, your husband, and your dogs for getting them free of the pipe and into a safe and warm place. They sound absolutely adorable and such good news that they're best friends already. Bless all of you for caring enough to help these babies in need! Do you plan on keeping them?

Bear & Whitey will spend the winter in the basement & sunroom until March sometime. They will join the other barn cats next spring. I have boxes filled with straw during the winter months for the barn cats. They huddle together, & during the day when the sun is out there is a shelve with boxes full of straw where they can sit & sun themselves in the barn windows.

Freedom
12-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Thank you, and hubby, and the dogs, for helping to save Whitey and Bear.

lizbud
12-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Bear & Whitey will spend the winter in the basement & sunroom until March sometime. They will join the other barn cats next spring. I have boxes filled with straw during the winter months for the barn cats. They huddle together, & during the day when the sun is out there is a shelve with boxes full of straw where they can sit & sun themselves in the barn windows.

Thank you, thank you, for helping these two little kitties and for keeping
them healthy.:) Do you have plans for getting them neutered before they
are released back to your barn in the Spring?

ps. I can help with posting pics if you want. If I learned how, anybody can.:)

Bonny
12-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Thank you, thank you, for helping these two little kitties and for keeping
them healthy.:) Do you have plans for getting them neutered before they
are released back to your barn in the Spring?

ps. I can help with posting pics if you want. If I learned how, anybody can.:)

Yes in the spring they will visit the veterinary. Right now they are doing interior decorating in the sunroom. They sure love to play & run around & knock stuff over. :D Bears paw is healing up (swelling has gone down) but don't know for sure yet if it can be saved, he still has a day or two of his meds to go.

I am a hopeless case when it comes to posting pics. We have a digital camera & hubby enters pictures into the computer but to get them from there to here? :confused:

lvpets2002
12-17-2010, 11:21 AM
:love: Glad to hear the two kitties are doing good & are healed.. Yup welcome to kitten hood of play play & knocking stuff over.. :D

cassiesmom
12-17-2010, 12:39 PM

Yay! Enjoy the straw and the sunny windows, kittens!

Bonny
12-18-2010, 03:26 PM
Today Bear & Whitey had their first experience with the vacuum cleaner. When I vacuum the basement the dogs don't want to even be around so they were outdoors. When I got into the sunroom I picked Bear & Whitey up & put them on a chair in the basement & left the door open. I was taking everything off the floor & putting it up out of the way. Here comes Whitey along & jumps up on the bed (have the bed covered with an old plastic tablecloth) & sits & watches me vacuum & doesn't bat any eye. I even rolled the bed away from the wall with him on it & he just sat there & watched. Most cats would not tolerate the noise of the big red mean shop vac., but Whitey didn't care. I actually think he liked it. :D

momcat
12-18-2010, 04:06 PM
How interesting that Whitey didn't mind the vacuum. All I have to do is go towards ours and Groucho heads for the hills. Not too long ago there was a post where many of our PT kitties were saying they need a law against the vacuums. How did Bear take it?

Bonny
12-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Bear stretched out on the arm of the chair I put him on in front of the wood stove & relaxed. :) Whitey sat & watched me vacuum & didn't mind the noise at all & when I rolled the bed a ways he just sat there. I thought he would of burned out of there but he didn't. Whitey is very energetic & Bear is more like go have fun I'll just lay here & bask in the warmth.

In the past I have had animals mainly large farm animals on the brink of death & worked with them to keep them alive & after that there was an eternal gratefulness is what I call it or trusting bond. Whitey seems to have that. :love:

lizbud
12-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Yes in the spring they will visit the veterinary. Right now they are doing interior decorating in the sunroom. They sure love to play & run around & knock stuff over. :D Bears paw is healing up (swelling has gone down) but don't know for sure yet if it can be saved, he still has a day or two of his meds to go.

I am a hopeless case when it comes to posting pics. We have a digital camera & hubby enters pictures into the computer but to get them from there to here? :confused:

I have pm'd you a few links about posting pictures on PT. I hope they
help. It really sounds more complicated than it is.;) Please just sound off
here or send me a pm with any questions & I'll try to help.Hope to see
the little kitties soon.:)

Bonny
12-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Thanks Lizbud will work on it. Received your helpful notifications. Will take pictures of kittens & load them in computer & take off from there. Wish Me Luck :eek:

Bonny
12-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Bear & Whitey are definetly feeling better. I spent the whole morning cat proofing the sunroom. I am thinking of buying them a jungle jim set for Christmas. I had to remove a bunch of my plants & encircle a bunch of them with plastic webbing & remove a berry wreath off the wall. It is like a tornado hit the place in five minutes time. Right now both kittens are taking a nap & I can't figure out why? :D

GILL
12-23-2010, 01:05 PM
It's a kitten thing.