PDA

View Full Version : The Circus Is In Town

lizbud
12-07-2010, 12:46 PM
I used to love to go when I was a child and didn't know any better.
Didn't know the animals there were real creatues that felt pain & fear.
I didn't realize how they were denied their right to live with dignity in
their own habitat and not spend their whole lives as "props" for human
entertainment. It is shameful to treat any animal this way.:mad:

Their latest "show business gimmick" is to promote & show off a baby
elephant named Barack (1 yr old) After he is "trained" of course.:rolleyes:
How can this be anything but abuse?:mad: Thank God, this is the last day
they will be in Indy.

http://current.com/news/91980151_exposed-the-tortured-lives-of-baby-elephants-in-circuses.htm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1237863/Pictured-Harrowing-ordeal-baby-elephants-bound-beaten-circus-stars.html

Cataholic
12-07-2010, 01:10 PM
I don't go to the circus, and must even admit that the Zoo causes me some problems. <sigh> Sometimes, knowledge isn't power....its pain. :(

Lilith Cherry
12-07-2010, 04:53 PM
The only good circus is Cirque du Soleil with only humans involved. I agree with you that circuses with animals are very cruel!

sana
12-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Oh! My God! The pictures showed barbarians torching poor helpless BABY elephants! :(:(:mad::mad: This is too crazy! I hate this, I was going to attend a circus, I didn't know this by that time, I am never going to a circus now! They'll lose money and time if people boycott circuses! This is way too crazy to be done! But they crossed the crazy line! :mad:

sana
12-07-2010, 05:54 PM
I just watched the movie, the people were soo cruel! I hate circus men now! Cruel idiots! Wish this would happen to them too one day! :mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad:

K9karen
12-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Never been to a circus and never will. Haven't been to a zoo for decades.

chocolatepuppy
12-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Haven't been to a circus since I was a child. Would never go to one as an adult, I knew better by then.:(

lizbud
12-08-2010, 01:08 PM
I wish you all would tell a friend about the way animals are treated
and "trained" in a circus enviorment & discourage them from going. These
people should be rewarded for this behavior.:mad:

If you have ever read the propaganda promoted on Ringling Brothers website
(as an example) they say they don't make the elephants do any thing that
isn't already part of their natural behavior. Check out the "training" schedule
of the babies in these pictures. Does that look natural to you?

They should be charged with animal abuse. It's time to outlaw this disgraceful practice and have the circus use human performers only.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1237863/Pictured-Harrowing-ordeal-baby-elephants-bound-beaten-circus-stars.html

sana
12-09-2010, 05:03 AM
Like they say in Urdu, taubah hoti hay! (For God's sakes what the heck [type thing]) I mean I never thought before humans could reach this much cruelty! This is way too wrong, those poor babies did nothing to them! :mad::mad::(:(

moosmom
12-09-2010, 05:42 AM
I protest the circus every year when it comes to town. I haven't been to the circus since I was a little girl.

chocolatepuppy
12-09-2010, 05:27 PM
I wish you all would tell a friend about the way animals are treated
and "trained" in a circus enviorment & discourage them from going.

Consider it done.

Twisterdog
12-11-2010, 09:32 AM
I, too, used to LOVE going to the circus when I was a child. It was a chance to see animals I loved, up close.

However, when I got older and wiser, I realized how appalling circuses are. When my son was young, I would only take him to circuses and carnivals that did NOT have animals. And I indeed told all my friends why I would not go with them to circuses with animals, and some of them refused to go as well, then.

Alysser
12-11-2010, 10:06 AM
I have never been to a circus, and I never plan on going. Zoos, however, I have no problem with.

blue
12-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Why hasnt this thread been closed yet.

This is a pet site.

Puck's hunting thread was closed because "this is a pet site' and he asked before starting the thread and posted warnings about his links to pics. Sana's Eid thread was closed because "this is a pet site" and she never even posted links to pics or videos.

Liz posts a link to offensive videos and nobody has called for this thread to be closed like the others, why?

Im not watching the video Liz wants us all to watch, but Ive never been to a Circus either so I dont have a guilty conscience either way.

Grace
12-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

blue
12-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Im just confused by Liz's hypocrisy.

Bonny
12-12-2010, 07:03 AM
Another view about the circus. I loved it as a child. The Ringling Brothers Circus came to St. Paul, Minnesota in the dead of winter. That was the only place a person could actually see the wild animals up close. There was also the Como park zoo where they were caged. I always felt that these animals looked healthy & were well care for. I also thought they were being saved from being savagely butchered in the jungles, forests, & plains of their homelands by people who were hungry for food & needed money for their families to survive. :(

Cataholic
12-12-2010, 07:16 PM
I don't recall Liz running this board, so, I am not sure how she could lock a thread, but I am easily confused. This current post of Liz's has a purpose...it seeks to educate and inform, not gloat or boast.

Sana's Eid thread was not closed because it posted pictures/videos. It readily available for viewing, so you can go look at it and discern why it was closed.

As to Puck's thread? Not sure why it was even permitted to post. But, I don't run this board, either. I can't say I saw a point to it....

Blue- you are so transparent. Must be a slow time on your other boards.

Karen
12-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Blue, no one has asked for this thread to be closed. And, in fact, a thread is sometimes closed at my or Paul's discretion. We - no one else - are the moderators here.

Sana's thread was closed as the discussion has all been had, and nothing new was being added anyway. It is still there for people to see. Puck understands why his thread was removed, he and I discussed it. You are always free to PM me if you think a thread should or should not be closed, just know that, as I have already stated, it is not based on popularity or popular acclaim or anything other than my and Paul's discretion.

sana
12-13-2010, 05:31 AM
...Ok..just saying, I didn't post any pictures of "LIVE" animals because some people weren't...just WORTH it. :rolleyes: So, just popping in to say, that's why I didn't post any pictures. :p

Puckstop31
12-13-2010, 07:27 AM
As to Puck's thread? Not sure why it was even permitted to post. But, I don't run this board, either. I can't say I saw a point to it....

Side bar.... Since it was brought up.

The point to it was I wanted to share something that was special to me to people I care about. (Is this the part where everybody gets all bent because a successful hunt is something special to me?) This place was the last one I posted it on and, oddly enough, the ONLY one of the 'pet' forums I am on where it was such a controversy. One of them is even run by strict 'mom' type too. And it was no big deal there either.

Actually, I know why it was such a big deal here. And it has ZERO to do with this place being a 'pet' site. That animal I killed was NOT a pet.

But, I reckon it is best to let sleeping dogs lie.... Unless they are laying in my spot on the couch. :)

Bonny
12-13-2010, 08:05 AM
This whole thread has become one free for all Circus with humans performing. Some of you are getting your wish. Bring on the clowns :D

sana
12-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Bonny, haha! :D

wombat2u2004
12-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Bring on the clowns :D

HERE I AM !!!! :p

Bonny
12-25-2010, 09:00 AM
HERE I AM !!!! :p

Well it is about TIME :D

wombat2u2004