PDA

View Full Version : Sorel shoes/boots, anyone?

Randi
12-07-2010, 12:35 PM
I was about to order a pair of Sorel slippers from zappo.com and found a conversion table for sizes on the web. According to this, European size 39 = US size 8,5.

http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html

So far so good. Then, out of curiosity, I checked Sorel's own site and they say that European 39 1/3 = US 7,5. Hmm!! :confused:

So I'd like to ask you a favor... if you are American and have a pair of Sorel, would you please tell me what size shoes you wear and how many centimeters your foot is? Mine is 25,1 centimeters.

Sorel's size chart in right side of page:

http://www.sorel.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-Sorel_INT-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=803298500289

Pinot's Mom
12-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Randi, my Sorels are a size 9, my standard US size is 8.5-9 (depending on fit), and my foot measures almost exactly 24 centimeters. My Sorels are a generous fit, because they're made for a blizzard, essentially, so I want room for thick socks.

Randi
12-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks Maggie! Now I'm even more confused. :D If your foot is 24 cm. and your Sorel shoes are size 9, that means I should get a bigger size than 9, since my feet are 25 cm. Hmm! :confused: Is it boots you have? I'm looking for slippers.

Argh, why can't all shoe companies have the same meassure for sizes!

RICHARD
12-07-2010, 02:28 PM
I ordered a pair of hiking boots years ago and the company asked me to enclose an outline of my foot with the style of socks I would wear with them. They were able to give me the right pair based on the drawing.

You may want to contact Sorel and ask them if you can do the same...contact Customer Service maybe?

-----------

I had to laugh at the first link.

It mentions Mexican shoe sizes.

Our women do not wear shoes, We keep out gals barefoot and pregnant.:rolleyes::confused:;)

lvpets2002
12-07-2010, 03:53 PM
:p Richard your just too funny.. You goof..

-----------

I had to laugh at the first link.

It mentions Mexican shoe sizes.

Our women do not wear shoes, We keep out gals barefoot and pregnant.:rolleyes::confused:;)

Sonia59
12-07-2010, 04:30 PM
I did not know about this brand so I had a look on an online shop where I sometimes buy shoes and they say the brand is large-fitting and it is advised to take 1 size below your size...so...the one you ordered may fit. Slippers look great and comfy!

kittycats_delight
12-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Randi my foot size is a 7.5 american. I am living in Italy and I take a 38 here. My foot size is almost 24 cm.

So for an 8.5 american which should be a foot size of about 25 cm you would need a 39.

7.5 is NO way 39. Hubby got me a pair of combat boots that are a 39 and I have to wear 2 pairs of socks and they is still quite a bit of room in the toes.

jennielynn1970
12-07-2010, 05:14 PM
I have a pair of Sorel boots, size 11 american, and they are HUGE!!!! I bought them a little larger, so I thought, because I normally wear a 10 or 10.5 depending on the brand. I didn't want them too tight, and I wanted to wear heavy, thick socks with them, so I thought an 11 would be ok. OMG.... I wish I could send them back, but I got them last season, and it's too late now. They are very comfy, and very warm, but gosh are they large. This is the price you pay when you order online and don't go in to try them on.

I think the 11 is a 42 or 43?? What ever it is, it is huge.

I found this chart (http://www.europeword.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/european-shoe-sizes.gif) however, which does conversions for shoe sizes.

ETA: I also bought Dave a pair of Sorel last year so he has warm boots for outside. He wears a size 12/13 mens (depending on the brand, some fit smaller than others), and his Sorel's are a size 12 and are a generous fit, he says.

Pinot's Mom
12-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks Maggie! Now I'm even more confused. :D If your foot is 24 cm. and your Sorel shoes are size 9, that means I should get a bigger size than 9, since my feet are 25 cm. Hmm! :confused: Is it boots you have? I'm looking for slippers.

Argh, why can't all shoe companies have the same meassure for sizes!

I wouldn't order larger than a nine! Sorels have a generous fit; a nine (or 8.5) in slippers should be fine. Remember; mine are boots for stomping around in a blizzard! :)

jennielynn1970
12-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Had I ordered a 9.5 or 10, I would have been fine. I really didn't pay attention to their own admission of having a generous fit. Silly me. I love my boots, don't get me wrong, I just need to wear about 4 pair of wool socks with them! :p:rolleyes:

Sorel is also an excellent brand from Canada.... I would recommend it to anyone wanting warm winter boots.

Vette
12-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Sometimes different brands have different sizes as well. very danged confusing

Edwina's Secretary
12-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Then again...you can wait until you get here and we can go to the shoe store and you can try them on for size....;)

jennielynn1970
12-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Here are the ones I just ordered yesterday. Sorel Snow Angel (http://www.zappos.com/sorel-snow-angel-lace-rootbeer). I ordered a size 10 this time, and I think they will fit just right. Not too loose, not too tight. I found them on Piperlime.com however, for $75.00, plus signed up for their emails and got a 15% discount, so I'm actually only paying $63.75 instead of Zappos' $85.00!

I think they're going to be really nice and comfy for this winter!

Husky_mom
12-08-2010, 02:04 PM
I donīt have Sorelīs.. but.. in mexican sizing Iīm 25.. equivalent to 25cm I assume...

in american shoes Iīm either 7.5 or 8.. depending on shoe.. (considering if itīs open, heels, and width)

if I were you Iīd go for 8.5 or 9.. and have thick socks just in case..

Randi
12-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks everyone! I have never ever bought a pair of shoes without trying them on first, so I think I'll take ES's advice. ;)

Jenn, the ones you just bought, or very similar, I've seen a lot of people wear here. I first saw them a few years ago and simply didn't like the two colors, but I guess you get used to them and they're probably very comfy. :)

I had a look at the site you posted. I really like the ones called "Waterfall low lace" in the color flax. Might go for those next time.

A friend of mine told me about some called Fit Flops, which are supposed to be very comfy, too.

RICHARD
12-08-2010, 03:26 PM
I donīt have Sorelīs.. but.. in mexican sizing Iīm 25.. equivalent to 25cm I assume...

Descalza, pero con una nina tan chula!:D

Me va castigar dios por se tan cabron?

Pinot's Mom
12-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Mine are "snow lion", which tells you something about what they're made for. I agree with Sara; wait until they can be sized on your foot, I know she'll be able to find you somewhere that can accomodate that.