PDA

View Full Version : I could use your opinion

catnapper
12-06-2010, 09:32 AM
I know its been a while, but I have been busy making stuff for Christmas. The one thing has been crocheting blankets. I made one for mom and I am not quite sure what I think.

I like the colors -- bright jewel tones. But will mom? She's typically bland and neutral, but her livingroom is dark and in need of brightness. Her sofa is hunter green with little burgundy and gold dots. The chair is burgundy, and the other is gold. All 3 colors are in the throw in a vareigated way.

Throw on my tan chair (the color is really accurate here)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/momsthrow.jpg

and on my brown sofa (the color is a bit muted here)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/momsthrow3.jpg

Stretched out to see the stripes
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/momsthrow2.jpg

I need to know if its too garish or just right. I am never this wishy-washy! Ugh!

Karen
12-06-2010, 09:42 AM
I think it should look nice in her room, and hopefully she'll love it, both for its color and because you made it for her!

Cataholic
12-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Oh, I am SO sorry to tell you this, but I don't think she will like it at all. :o
Perhaps you should send it to me?? :D

I think it is beautiful. AND, if her room is drab...it is just the thing to pick it up a little. You may be surprised!

Taz_Zoee
12-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Oh, I am SO sorry to tell you this, but I don't think she will like it at all. :o
Perhaps you should send it to me?? :D

I think it is beautiful. AND, if her room is drab...it is just the thing to pick it up a little. You may be surprised!

LOL, I was going to say.....that would look GREAT in my living room!!! :D :D
I do not think it is too garish at all. I think it is very nice. :)

jennielynn1970
12-06-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm with Johanna, she will not like it at all, but I love it!!! I can pick it up any day you'd like, lol.

I think it will definitely brighten up what she has from what you describe. It looks so comfy and soft!!

Catty1
12-06-2010, 10:57 AM
I think the colours are wonderful! They will brighten and warm up her room in a very nice way.

Are you selling these? Rent a table at a Christmas market and you'll sell out! :)

Freedom
12-06-2010, 11:18 AM
LOVE the jewel tones, very bright and cheery!

But Mom is not going to like it. :( And Johanna, Cindy and Jenn are going to find it too bright for them in fact. :confused: So just send it along this way if you please! ;)

RICHARD
12-06-2010, 11:59 AM
LOVE the jewel tones, very bright and cheery!

But Mom is not going to like it. :( And Johanna, Cindy and Jenn are going to find it too bright for them in fact. :confused: So just send it along this way if you please! ;)

Stop.
All you women are way too hooked on colors, styles and stuff like that.

A man would fricking love to wrap himself up in one while watching football on a cold Sunday during the winter. I'll take it off your hands and PAY for the shipping, too!;)

moosmom
12-06-2010, 01:33 PM
I LOVE it!!!!

phesina
12-06-2010, 03:23 PM
I think it is absolutely beautiful, just stunning. And I bet your mom will be deeply touched and pleased that you made this especially for her.

If she doesn't like it, I'm getting in line for it too :D .

Laura's Babies
12-06-2010, 06:27 PM
It is BEAUTIFUL!!! If she don' like it, it sure would brighten up my living room too, so put my name on that backup, list just in case!

gini
12-06-2010, 06:30 PM
It is absolutely beautiful. Now, have you taken the hint and decided to start making these for a living - and advertise in Pet Talk marketing department?

Your Mom is going to love it - how dear of you to make it for her.

Merry Christmas

krazyaboutkatz
12-06-2010, 11:12 PM
I love it too.:) See what you started Kim. Now everyone wants one.:) How long did it take you to make it?

Vette
12-07-2010, 04:01 AM
Oh i likey!

i wish i knew how make those.

catnapper
12-07-2010, 08:41 AM
I keep trying to reply to this thread and my internet keeps kicking me out.

Thanks everyone! I wasn't sure.... now I'm making one for me, and I think its too drab. Can't make me happy, can you? :D

It takes me about 2 weeks to make. I just sit and crochet while watching tv, instead of surfing the internet. I looked online at the yarn manufacturer's website and they have patterns for "6 hour aphgans" Um, they look just like mine, so what am I doing wrong? I'm self-taught thanks to an internet video tutorial. My first was was painstakingly boring. Mind numbing. Awful. It turns out that I was using the wonrg crochet hook. Bought hte right one and violla -- I enjoy it! :)

Seriously, I could use extra mnoney, so if anyone is interested, PM me :)

lvpets2002
12-07-2010, 04:05 PM
:) Oh I think your mom will love it.. Very Nice & the colors are great..

sana
12-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Perfect colors for Christmas i think, its quite nice tough quite pretty. Perfect for the sofa's outside in my lounge :p;):):love::D It will lighten up your mom's house I think! :)

K9karen
12-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Get your fingers working overtime! Although I have a few my mom made, one can never have enough. LOVE the colors! It's gorgeous!