PDA

View Full Version : I'm Very Upset!!! Update 12-11-10

krazyaboutkatz
12-05-2010, 05:30 PM
A friend of mine e-mailed me yesterday that a lady in her condo complex is moving and she told her that she's leaving her 2 female cats behind.:mad: The lady also has 2 dogs but she'll be taking them with her. She's moving on Dec.17th but she wants the cats out I think by this weekend.

My friend lives in a 1 bedroom condo, is in poor health, and already has 4 cats that don't always get along and 1 has just been diagnosed with diabetes. She doesn't need the extra stress of adding 2 more cats to her household.

The cats are used to using a pet door to come and go as they please and the owner will give her pet door, a big cat tree, and whatever else she has to the person who takes these girls in. I don't think that they use a litter box so they go outside for that. They are about 2-3 years old and one is a calico and one is white with grey patches. My friend said they're used to being outside during the day and inside at night. They also follow you around like little dogs and the grey and white one is a lap cat.

I'm trying to talk my parents into adopting them and I've only been able to talk to my dad so far. He said no because they travel even though I told him that I would take care of them when they're away. He told me to run it by my mom tonight when I go down there for dinner. I hope I can convince her. Their last cat was indoor/outdoor and would potty outside. They have the perfect set up because they have a fenced in back yard and they live on a cul de sac.

I also called and left a message with a lady that's in a rescue group. Hopefully she'll be able to provide some other options. I'd take them in if I lived in a house. It just wouldn't work in my condo. We can't have outdoor cats and I live on the second floor. My 2 girls still growl and hiss at Alani & Blaze so I sure don't want to rock the boat even more.

The cats are in the San Jose/Milpitas area of CA about 5-10 minutes from the Great Mall if any one here knows of someone who could at least foster them until a new home is found or would like to adopt both of them. I don't have any pictures of them yet. Please send some prayers their way that we're able to find them a place to stay soon. Thanks.

Karen
12-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Oh, hopefully you folks or someone else will take these babies! Your folks set-up sounds perfect!

Bless you for caring about these babies.

Taz_Zoee
12-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Aww. :( Unfortunately I am at my limit and I refuse to have outdoor kitties. I live too close to a major road.
I wonder if Cathy (snakemama) would be able to help or would know anyone who could take them. Maybe you could PM her.
I also have friends in San Jose but they have 3 indoor only cats. Oh, and Bruce's mom (also in SJ) had an indoor/outdoor kitty. But he kinda adopted her. Then he died after being attacked by "something". :( So she probably wouldn't want to chance that with another kitty or kitties. Plus, she just stopped by here on her way to Tahoe for the week.
Let me know if there is still not a home and I'll run it by his mom. It wouldn't hurt to just ask, right?

Freedom
12-05-2010, 07:01 PM
So, to this owner, cats are disposable but dogs stay with her. GAHHHHHH!!!!

If your folks could take them, that sounds like it will work for these cats.

Medusa
12-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Oh boy, I do hope your folks will take them or, if not, that someone can at least foster them. Poor cats at this time of year; it's so cold.

moosmom
12-05-2010, 07:36 PM
That lady SUCKS and I'd call the ACO on her for abandonment. That's all I can say without becoming a REAL potty mouth.:mad::mad:

Lilith Cherry
12-05-2010, 09:24 PM
What a lousy wicked thing to do ! :mad: I do hope you can find some help for those poor kitties!

krazyaboutkatz
12-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately, my mom also said no.:( I do understand why though because both of my parents are in their 70's and they both have a lot of health problems. If they were 10 years younger then maybe they would've said yes. I still haven't heard back from the lady that I know in the rescue group. I'm sure that they're at their limit too.:( I also posted about it on FB so hopefully I'll hear from someone on there.

Taz_Zoee
12-07-2010, 04:15 PM
I just sent an email to several people here at work about this. Maybe someone knows of someone that would be willing to take them. Let's see (fingers crossed). :)

lvpets2002
12-07-2010, 04:24 PM
:( Yup that is very upsetting.. Yes I hear of it all the time == Take the Dogs but Leave the Cats behind.. Good Luck Tracey.. I am too far away to help sorry.. All paws crossed that they find new good homes soon..

sana
12-07-2010, 05:18 PM
I am so sorry but I live too far away. :( But, I will keep praying the kitties find a good home... :( Terrible old hag! that witch! Takes the 2 dogs and leave the cats behind! terrible! why did she get them in the first place?! :mad:

krazyaboutkatz
12-08-2010, 01:05 AM
I just sent an email to several people here at work about this. Maybe someone knows of someone that would be willing to take them. Let's see (fingers crossed). :)
Thanks Cindy.:)

The rescue group lady that I know said that the cats could be surrendered to their animal shelter and if the owner can produce evidence of deworming, defleaing, FIV/FeLV testing, current FVRCP and rabies vaccinations, spay, microchip, bios, and digital pix, they can post them on their website.

I received an e-mail from my friend and she doesn't want to take them to a shelter. I'm sure that they'd be very scared and then they could also possibly get sick. She said she'd rather try to adopt them out herself. She's thinking of telling the lady to let the cats stay in the condo and she will come and feed them and play with them. The lady is not renting it out. The lady must be doing well financially to be able to leave her condo vacant while she'll be living some where else. I hope that everything will work out. I'll try to keep everyone updated about them.

Laura's Babies
12-08-2010, 09:01 AM
If she is keeping the condo, why couldn't she have someone live there rent free to look after the cats?

PETS ARE NOT DISPOSABLE!

lvpets2002
12-08-2010, 09:59 AM
:rolleyes: Well it does make you want to think what this lady is all about..

Laura that sounds like a good plan to me..

If she is keeping the condo, why couldn't she have someone live there rent free to look after the cats?

PETS ARE NOT DISPOSABLE!

krazyaboutkatz
12-08-2010, 11:52 AM
I asked a few more questions to my freind and she e-mailed this info:

They are both short hair. She has 2 chihuhas and the cats hate the dogs so she does not want to take them...thinks they would be happier here and she's probably right! She will probably lose her condo to the bank but that takes like a year, so I could just let them live there and feed and play with them!

So it sounds like her condo will be going into foreclosure. Since she had the cats first she shouldn't have gotten the 2 dogs or she should've at least made an effort to try to find the cats a good home before she moved away instead of just dumping them on my friend and making them her responsibility.:mad: The lady knows that my friend loves cats and wouldn't let anything bad happen to them. I just hope that a new loving forever home can be found for them.

krazyaboutkatz
12-11-2010, 06:22 PM
I just received another e-mail from my friend and she said that the lady came over to her condo and told her that her boyfriend would be taking the cats. I don't know why she didn't just think about this before. Hopefully her boyfriend doesn't have any dogs since these cats are very afraid of them and hopefully they'll receive the proper care that they deserve.

Catty1
12-11-2010, 07:12 PM
I hope so too....prayers for those furbabies...

anna_66
12-12-2010, 07:11 AM
I'm very glad to hear that someone will be taking the cats.

Why is it people thing animals are disposable? It just makes me furious.

I work at Red Lobster and people are always dumping their cats there. Then they have babies under the shed we have out back and boom...there's 2+ more cats:( My manager has started catching them in a trap and taking them to the pound. It's so sad.

Anikaca77
12-12-2010, 03:05 PM
I hope the boyfriend doesn't back out or anything and that these 2 babies will do just fine with a new place.

My prays for them. Thank you for all you have done for them.

Melissa