PDA

View Full Version : LilGirl saw Santa - photos

kaycountrygal
12-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Hello Everyone, I never thought I would be taking a dog to see Santa. However, I thought it was a cute idea plus it raised money for the local Humane Society and I also bought a Humane calendar.

Off we went yesterday and took LilGirl to see Santa at Petsmart for her photo. She did great except her ears are down in the photo. She was not comfy with Santa but considering the noise of dogs barking, people talking, and other activity, she could not have done better--except for her ears LOL. Until he held her, her little tail had not stopped wagging with everyone petting her; she is such a friendly little chi/rat mix.

Luke cat would not have been a good candidate for Santa at all. Luke would have been 27 lbs of mad! I shudder to think what he would have done so he stayed home.

Annie also doesnt have a Santa pic; she isnt that used to riding 20 miles one way or being with lots of other dogs or in a big store with people. Overall though, Annie is a very sweet dog and maybe would have been ok but I didnt want to take the chance.

Anyway we enjoyed taking LilGirl; it was a first!!

Kay in central NC where we had a tiny bit of snow yesterday

Freedom
12-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Good for you taking LilGirl! Nice photo!

I've taken cats, dogs and both to see Santa, but not at an open place like PetsMart. One of the local rescues does a fund raiser Photos with Santa, in a credit union. The place is closed, you have a set time, you bring your pets in from the car and only you, your pets, Santa, photographer and a few volunteers who are ready to help pose pets are present.

MonicanHonda
12-05-2010, 12:24 PM
How cute!! :) Your santa looks way better than my santa. LOL

kaycountrygal
12-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Good for you taking LilGirl! Nice photo!

I've taken cats, dogs and both to see Santa, but not at an open place like PetsMart. One of the local rescues does a fund raiser Photos with Santa, in a credit union. The place is closed, you have a set time, you bring your pets in from the car and only you, your pets, Santa, photographer and a few volunteers who are ready to help pose pets are present.

Freedom, What you described would be the ideal situation for a photo with Santa. IF it ever happens around here (and I doubt it), more than likely I would take Luke and Annie.

Kay

kaycountrygal
12-05-2010, 03:03 PM
How cute!! :) Your santa looks way better than my santa. LOL

Hi, I'm confused.... Is that your dog or dogs all curled up?? All I see is spots!!! LOL I looked at your Santa dog pics that you posted and your dogs look great with Santa.

Kay

chocolatepuppy
12-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Cute pic of LilGirl with Santa. I've taken all my dogs to see Santa for their first Christmas. No place safe to take cats, not that I know of anyway.

It's fun and for a good cause. :D

cassiesmom
12-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Merry Christmas, Lil Girl! What a cute photo!

If Cassie could talk I think she would advise me that if I want a photo of her on Santa Claus' lap, then Santa Claus needs to come to her house!

boomersooner
12-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Sweet picture!!!

happylabs
12-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Love them all. The picture with Santa is priceless! :) :love: :)

Vette
12-09-2010, 03:26 PM
I dont blame her,, i never liked sitting on Santas lap either. LOL
shes cute :D