PDA

View Full Version : I'm baaaaaack!!

Kater
10-29-2002, 12:20 AM
For those of you who might remember me! I'm baaack! For those of you who don't or who are new -- you'll be hearing from me!

I got myself over here to college...... finally, got pretty much settled in. I'm at the University of Wisconsin- Madison and really love it here. I've been in college for about 2 months now. My, how times flies!

I had a computer set up in my room for the first two weeks or so then it crashed! So only now did my brother mail me a new-used CPU. (thanks Chaddie!!!) and amazingly some of the girls in my hall and I successfully set it up! We rock!! So now I'm back at my favorite place on the web. I know I have tons to catch up on. So much has happened I'm sure!!!

The hardest thing about college is no pets. Well I have a beautiful Siamese fighting fish a.k.a. betta splenden here on my desk in a nice, roomy 6 gal. tank as well as about 10 or 11 little potted plants all lined up on the windowsill. I try to make this place homey but it lacks so much--- parents, memories, Hawaii-ness, that home smell and PRIVACY. haha. I am SO not used the roommate thing.

But yeah, I missed you all so much and I'm so glad to be back!!!:p

delidog
10-29-2002, 04:04 AM
So Glad that you are back....what courses are you taking???veterinary???
about 2 more weeks...and you're really gonna' miss hawaii!!!!
have you seen snow before???

10-29-2002, 04:58 AM
Sorry , I don't remember you , Kater ! Since when have you left ?? I joined PT in February ; a quick glance at my number of posts will learn you that I am a super-blabberer ...;)
If you wanna catch up a bit about me and my pets , please go to my web-site ; and DO NOT FORGET to sign the guestbook ..!

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-29-2002, 06:19 AM
Kater, Welcome back!!

I remmeber my first semester at college. My room was smaller than my bathroom at home and I had to share it with some one (she was a strange stranger). It seemed like no matter how much I tried to make it homey, it just wasn't home. A few months later when I went home, I missed my dorm room! Go figure. After the first semster, it was all good!!

Logan
10-29-2002, 07:23 AM
Welcome back! I certainly do remember you, especially when you were contemplating where to go to college. Congratulations on your decision. And hopefully, things will get easier for you as time passes. It is hard to get used to smaller surroundings and a roommate!!! I always hated having a roommate!!!! And I knew all of the ones I had.

Anyway, welcome back, and even though you can't have any furry pets nor your beautiful Hawaii, enjoy your time in college. It is a wonderful experience that you will remember for a lifetime. And hopefully, you can get your pet fix right here!!! :D

lynnestankard
10-29-2002, 07:28 AM
Hello Kater and Welcome Back.
Glad you got into your College and so sorry about the NO pets rule. You'll have to spend ALL your spare time here just chatting about them!! They reckon the first three months away from home are the worse - so good luck and remember - we're all here for you.

Lynne

anna_66
10-29-2002, 07:50 AM
Of course I remember you, you joined here not too long after I did!
So, how's the whole college thing going? I bet it's starting to get really cold there isn't it?!
So sorry about the no pet rule, guess you'll just have to come here often & hear us talk about & show pics of ours!
Glad you found your way back!

Edwina's Secretary
10-29-2002, 10:12 AM
I too remember when you wre making your choice of university and what a great one you decided to attend! It's such a beautiful campus and great, fun town. And Chicago is only an hour and a half away!

Glad you're back...