PDA

View Full Version : Going to do a protest today...

moosmom
12-04-2010, 06:36 AM
There is a house in CT that sells puppy mill puppies that they transport from South Carolina. They're very secretive. They won't allow you to see the mother or father. If you request to see a puppy, they bring it out in a Rubbermaid bin.

These people are under investigation by the Dept. of Ag as well as the police and the ACO. We're doing a peaceful protest in front of their house. We've got the media all geared up. These people are NASTY and we have to be very careful. I WANT to pose as a prospective buyer, and try and get pictures and videos of the inside of the house. Not sure if I'm doing that. Last thing I need is to be arrested. But I'm hoping the old biatch in the house will provoke me so I can have her arrested for assault. BRING IT ON!!!!

I'll let you know. These people are SCUM, the dogs are sick and they need to be shut down!!!

I'm SOOO up for the challenge. I haven't been this wound up since the Jay Baldwin trial.

Freedom
12-04-2010, 07:09 AM
Donna, I don't know whether to laugh or cry! Laugh at you all geared up for battle, or cry at the state of the puppies you describe.

You go, Girl! Just be careful.

Laura's Babies
12-04-2010, 08:11 AM
I second that BE CAREFUL Donna! We will be expecting a full report when the day is over.... or when you get out of jail...LOL!

moosmom
12-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Oh believe me, I will be careful. I DARE this skank to put one finger on me. :mad::p:D

Medusa
12-04-2010, 08:32 AM
I hope and pray that you're successful, Donna. Just remember, no one looks good in those orange jumpsuits.

aTailOf2Kitties
12-04-2010, 09:55 AM
I doubt they'll talk to any "potential buyers" if there are people protesting outside and the media around. You'd better go ahead of time and have a lawyer on speed-dial, just in case.

phesina
12-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Ooooh.. Be VERY careful, Donna... but GO FOR IT! Get those dirtbags and put them out of business!

Thank you for doing this!!!!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love:

moosmom
12-04-2010, 06:13 PM
I got there first and went in, posing as a buyer. There were two kiddie pools that had chihuahua puppies in it and another pool had shih tzu, and some other kind of puppies.

I told this ugly *** trailer trash guy I was looking for a puppy for my husband for Christmas. I noticed that one of the chihuahua puppies was lethargic and laying curled up in a large bowl. I asked him what was wrong with it and he said "Oh, it's shy." Shy my @$$!! She nuzzled up to my neck and I could tell she felt very warm, like she was running a fever. I then made a "pretend" call to my "non-existent" husband and told the guy we'd be back tomorrow to check the puppies out. I was so heartbroken to have to leave that one little baby there. They were selling them for $550. The papers they supposedly had were from the CKC (Continental Kennel Club) which is a bogus club that anyone can set up. When I asked if I could see the parents of the puppies, I was told they weren't on site (no they were in South Carolina).

So, out I went. Waited for all the ladies to arrive with the signs and we were out there for over 4 hours!!! In the freezing cold. My body aches so bad right now.

For the most part, we got 95% support with honks of the horn and the thumbs up. We also had at least 5 people come up to us and tell us horror stories about buying from these jerks and their dogs dying. One man stopped and had the sweetest little pekinese puppy. She was adorable. He bought her a couple of weeks before. I said, "So she's healthy??" He said, "Yes, except for a cough." We told him that it was kennel cough and he needed to get her to a vet to be checked out. He thanks us and said he was heading to the vet right then and there.

Then this girl comes screeching up in her car. Turns out to be the owner's son's girlfriend. She started screaming and yelling asking why we were trying to ruin their business. We all started in on her, telling her that everytime they sell a puppy mill puppy, a shelter dog dies. The girl, with all her piercings and tattoos was screaming at us telling us we didn't know we were talking about, that the puppies did come from down south and we weren't there so we didn't know what we were talking about. There was absolutely no reasoning with her. She got in her car and sped off. IDIOTS!!!!

I was going to stay up and watch Cops but I'm too darn tired!!!

Laura's Babies
12-04-2010, 06:51 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/thumbs/2.gif GOOG JOB DONNA!!http://bestsmileys.com/thumbs/2.gif

Glad you did some good there for the pups and called attention to those jerks and where they are! YOU GO GIRL!!

moosmom
12-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Thanks Laura. We've decided to go back again today. Everyday that we're there puts a crimp in their business. I feel so bad about that little lethargic puppy. I hope they don't drown it the way they do the others when they're sick.

Freedom
12-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Sounds like a successful venture in general, Donna. A second day, huh?

I wonder re that puppy. Is there any chance what you observed is enough for the ACO to go in and get it?

Keep warm, it's the wrong time of year for all this outdoor stuff! ;)

moosmom
12-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Today went even better. We had 13 people there all holding signs and shouting, "Buy a dog for $550 and spend THOUSANDS trying to save it, IF it lives that long!!"

People driving by were terrific! One guy actually went to Dunkin Donuts and bought us a box of coffee and donuts!!!

We will be there every single weekend until Christmas. We're going to also be there Christmas Eve. Alot of people go out last minute and buy animals. I'm going to call the ACO, who I'm friends with, tomorrow to report that lethargic puppy.

*LabLoverKEB*
12-05-2010, 10:37 PM
GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

I cannot tell you how AWESOME this is what you are all doing... I applaud you, all of the other protesters, and all the folks who are driving by that support you all. Keep us updated like you are, I'm curious to see where this goes.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!:love::love::love:

momcat
12-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Hi Auntie Donna,
Meowmie is busy cleaning the dishes from dinner and Soncat is in watching a football game so this is my chance to sneak on the compooter. I saw the e-mail Meowmie got about a terrible puppy mill place. Those poor puppies had no food, no water, they had to use the floor instead of the litterbox and nobody ever cleaned up for them. One even had tiny little babies trying to nurse from her. These poor guys were neglected and nobody loves them.

Well, the angels came and took them away so they can be safe now. I hope each one of them will find a PT home, we PT pets get the best of everything and these poor puppies should have what we have.

Thank you for going outside where it's cold to help our fellow critters in need. All of the puppies know you and your friends are trying to help them and once they're safe all of you are in for tons of thank you's and puppy kisses.

I'm sending you tons of headbumpies, kitty kisses, and purrs to thank you for caring enough to help these puppies in need! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Your friend,
Groucho