PDA

View Full Version : Happy gotcha day, jake!!!

moosmom
12-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Well, Jake is safe and sound and settling in nicely. When I first got to the Saybrook Animal Shelter he hissed at me. Once I got him home and set up, he was rolling on my bedroom floor!! He's very fond of catnip. Kate, the ACO told me not to feel bad if it doesn't work out, I can always return him. THAT will never happen!!! I'll post pictures over the weekend.

Merry Christmas my BIG BOY!!!! (ALL 19 LBS OF HIM!)

cassiesmom
12-03-2010, 10:58 AM
I missed this completely! Happy Gotcha Day, Jake! handsome sweet tuxie boy!

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! 19 pound (yes, you heard me right) Xavier, soon to be known as Jake will have a permanent home for Christmas.He's about 8 years old and was given a clean bill of health (althought he is overweight). Negative for both leukemia and aids. UTD on his shots and neutered. He's a real marshmallow (as you can see by the video). I'm excited and have decided to make it a Ploss tradition. If I lose another cat, I'll find an oldie but goodie to take home with me.

Jen,

Thank you for your generous offer to give him a home. I was so worried about what I'd do if he was positive. You put my mind at ease. oxoxoxox

http://photocache.petfinder.com/fotos/CT196/CT196.18003955-1-pn.jpg

http://photocache.petfinder.com/fotos/CT196/CT196.18003955-2-pn.jpg

He's definitely going on a diet. Good thing he doesn't eat canned food. He's going to fit in GREAT!!!

Freedom
12-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Jake has arrived, move in, settled in, and declared this patch as HIS! HE he heee, wonderful news, Donna.

krazyaboutkatz
12-03-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm glad to hear that he's already making himself comfortable in your home.:) Now hopefully your other cats will accept him and he will also accept them. Good luck.:)

moosmom
12-03-2010, 01:34 PM
There's still some hissing (at me) but I attribute it to all the different cat smells.

phesina
12-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Oh, Jake... Welcome HOME!!!!!!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

catmandu
12-03-2010, 03:10 PM
:love::love::love:
Wow , this ceratinly is a gala day for Big Jake!!!
We think that Cat Nip and some Whiskas emptations will make Big Jake realize what a Good FurrEver Home he is getting!!
ConCatUlations on the beginninh of a Beautiful Friendship !!!
:love::love::love:

Laura's Babies
12-03-2010, 03:27 PM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY JAKE! (and his Mom) I will be watching for the pictures!

Craftlady
12-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Congrats! Jake is a lucky guy.
Very handsome :) Full figured guy!

moosmom
12-04-2010, 06:38 AM
Full figured like me!!:p

catfamily
12-07-2010, 11:39 PM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY JAKE!!!:):love:
How wonderful he ended up at a really cat lover girl's home.
that lucky guy!:cool:
Donna....hope your doing great.i miss you.i think we've moved since last i have talked w/you on the phone.
we are close to bangor.it is so lovely here and very very snowy...that's why i replyed on pettalk yeterday and today.I wait all year to be in a good mood.....lol
i love the winter snowstorms more than any other season....i get very uplifted
and just get full of positive energy (thank goodness huh?,lol )
:D
soooo,i guess i'll see you and everyone else...next snowstorm.....:p
donna,pm me if you ever want to talk....we have a new phone# now.
Be happy,Well and keep up your ever lasting Godgivin strength to help all the cats that you help rescue.keep rescuing if you can....i wish i saw ANY cats around here.if they get out...cayotees,bears and foxes eat them for appetizers.
i haven't seen one cat outside except my neighbors...it got eaten that day.
i was so upset,but can't make waves....nieghbors and friends are good to have.
everyone has different ways of thinking and it all depends on what we all see or have seen and learned.it's noone's fault,just need education on certain things.
i know i needed talking to about outdoor cats at first:eek::rolleyes:
thankfully noone got hurt.i got my kitty in before (i myself died of a heart attack,lol)