PDA

View Full Version : Rottweiler survives euthanasia, gets new home

columbine
12-03-2010, 08:25 AM
http://justonemorepet.wordpress.com/2010/11/11/mia-the-dog-who-survived-euthanasia-treatment-gets-new-home/

The Michigan Rottweiler that survived a euthanasia attempt has found a new home and renewed medical treatment, her owner said.

Matt Olivarez, 27, of Detroit, said Mia, the 11-year-olddog that made headlines last month after she recovered from euthanasia treatment at the Westcott Veterinary Care Center, is moving to the country with friends who asked to remain anonymous, The Detroit News reported Tuesday."

Last month Mia`s owner attempted to put the old dog to sleep because of her many infirmities. But the pooch survived the euthanasia attempt, and after her amazing story made the news, hundreds of dog lovers responded with offers to pay for Mia`s vet treatment.

I don`t blame the owner, because the unfortunate canine`s many maladies included a ruptured disc in her spine, arthritis in her hips and spine, and partial paralysis in her right rear leg.

Thank goodness that this loveable animal with the indomitable spirit to live has been blessed with a second chance at life.

I have an old hound myself, and I know how much pleasure a senior dog can give its owner. May Mia and her owners enjoy many happy days together.

By Robert Reyes

Karen
12-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Awwww, bless her new people.

lvpets2002
12-03-2010, 12:51 PM
:) Yes I saw the story on TV last month.. I was in such shock that the pup survived.. Yes your right the owner at that time was just trying to do the right thing for his pup.. Oh I am so glad to read the baby got her vet care paid for & that she has a new forever home.. Great News thanks

Vette
12-07-2010, 01:48 AM
I read about that on my ISPs news page thingy an i still i feel really bad for the guy. =<
but i hope the dog is happy with the new family