PDA

View Full Version : A small favor/UPDATE 12-13

pomtzu
12-03-2010, 06:34 AM
I know firsthand of the power of PT prayers, since I'm certain they played a part in saving Myndi last summer when she was so very sick. Now could you send a few my way, please?

I will be going under the knife on Dec 9th - having back surgery. Tho it's nothing life threatening, there are risks with every surgical procedure, so I'm hoping some PT prayers will work their magic. I realize there are folks here in need of them a lot more than I am, but when you are sending them out to others, could you manage a little one for me too? I'd surely appreciate it!

Lillycat
12-03-2010, 08:38 AM
.........going out to you in advance and during and following your surgery.,,,,,I have always found it comforting to know prayer surrounded me during the more stressful times of life.....please know you are cared for and held in thought.........

Taz_Zoee
12-03-2010, 09:11 AM
You've got mine!! That is my sister's birthday, so I will keep you in mind as well. Any surgery is scary, IMO. However, a friend of Bruce's has had several back and hip surgeries and he is doing great! :)

Cataholic
12-03-2010, 09:22 AM
{{{{Hugs}}}}, and prayers going out to you, Pom!

cassiesmom
12-03-2010, 10:59 AM
absolutely (((HUGS))) and prayers

chocolatepuppy
12-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Prayers that all goes well.

Bonny
12-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Before, during, & after prayers will be ordered up for you Pomtzu. :) for a successful surgery on Dec 9th. (((HUGS)))

Lilith Cherry
12-03-2010, 11:30 AM
I will be thinking of you and sending prayers.:)

Karen
12-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Ayup, prayers will be added.

Freedom
12-03-2010, 11:31 AM
You got it from RI, Ellie!

krazyaboutkatz
12-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Of course I can add you to my prayer list.:) Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

gini
12-03-2010, 11:35 AM
You can count on my prayers that all goes well for you.

Laura's Babies
12-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Prayers from the deep south coming your way!! Good Luck and may God watch over you!

sparks19
12-03-2010, 03:29 PM
You know you've always got them from us :)

Medusa
12-03-2010, 03:51 PM
You got it, Sis!

pomtzu
12-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Thank you all so very much - these posts mean a great deal to me.

I'm not overly concerned with the surgery - I've had much worse - but then I was younger too. It seems that age slows down the healing and recovery process. I'll be in the hospital for 3 or 4 days, and then very restricted with what I can do when I get home, at least until after my first post-op visit which won't be till after Christmas. No bending, lifting, stretching, twisting, pushing, pulling, reaching - hmmmm - what's left? Total recovery should be in about 6 weeks or so. I'm willing to put up with a few weeks inconvenience to get rid of this horrible pain tho - it will be so worth it.

Again - thank you friends. :love:

RICHARD
12-03-2010, 05:49 PM
No bending, lifting, stretching, twisting, pushing, pulling, reaching - hmmmm - what's left?
Again - thank you friends. :love:

Running and pushups?;)

Don't worry and enjoy the down time....

Put new batteries in the clicker!:D

lizbud
12-03-2010, 06:11 PM
You have my prayers & positive thoughts for a successful surgery and a
smooth recovery.:) I hope the downtime afterwards goes quickly and you
can get all caught up with your reading.:) Best of luck Ellie.

sana
12-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Prayers for you
Hope everything goes fine

phesina
12-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Prayers and good wishes that all goes well! :love::love::love::love::love::love:

Asiel
12-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Prayers coming your way from the frozen North . I'll be thinking of you but I know you'll fly through this and be back to your old self by Christmas.

Pinot's Mom
12-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Prayers from Pinot, Coop and me, Ellie! I know things will be much better after your surgery! :love:

pomtzu
12-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Getting ready to shut this puppy down for a few days. Off on my paid in full Medicare vacation. ;) It almost got canceled due to a funky EKG, but all is in order now. I have to admit tho - this has been the week from hell.

Thank you again everybody for your prayers and well wishes. As Lillycat said, it's comforting to surround yourself in these, in times of stress. :love: I am taking each and every one of them with me.

Be BACK soon.........
okay - that was corny! :p

Lilith Cherry
12-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Good luck and wishes that all will be well and comfortable for you very soon.

phesina
12-08-2010, 06:50 PM
More prayers, and looking forward to seeing you back here soon!

Love from Pat and cats

kokopup
12-08-2010, 10:23 PM
i hope all went well with the surgery. Having back problems can be a real pain-
;) pun intended. Really i will have you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you are back at it soon.:)

mrspunkysmom
12-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Sorry for the late reply. I hope the surgery went well and that you are resting comfortably.

lvpets2002
12-10-2010, 12:57 PM
:) Well Darn how did I miss this Thread.. Sorry I am so late.. I sure hope the surgery went well.. Please heal soon & get some good rest..

lbaker
12-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Hope and pray you have a swift and painless recovery. Nothing funny about it but when I read RICHARDS last comment I misread it to read "put new batteries in the chicken" instead of clicker :rolleyes::o all I could think of was whaaaaaat :confused:

Laurie

lizbud
12-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Thinking about you Ellie.:) You'd better being taking it easy and healing up
just fine. Feel better soon.:)

Medusa
12-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Hey sis, I hope you're not forgetting yourself and bending down to pick up one of the puppers. Take it easy and let yourself be waited on. :love:

Taz_Zoee
12-11-2010, 11:51 AM
I already miss seeing your posts. I hope you are doing well. Take it easy.

dukedogsmom
12-11-2010, 04:51 PM
How are you doing? I hope the surgery went well and was a success.

krazyaboutkatz
12-11-2010, 06:06 PM
I hope that everything went well and that you'll recovery quickly. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

K9karen
12-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Geez, I have no idea how I missed this,

I'm adding tons of encouragement! I've had 2 spine surgeries, which gave me my life back. Although I need more (and final) surgery. looking back, it was worth it. I'm active too, so sitting around for 6-8 weeks was dreadful, but I decided I needed and deserved to be treated like a queen (:p) and learned to love the attention. I found the pain bearable compared to pre-surgery. I know you'll be fine. Just relax and enjoy doing nothing! You'll get back on your skateboard in no time! Lots of hugs!

anna_66
12-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Quick healing prayers and thoughts headed your way from Ohio!
I hope it all went well.

pomtzu
12-13-2010, 07:16 AM
I'm home (came home yesterday) - and feeling like I've been run over by a big old bus!!! The pain in my hip and leg is now gone, but the rest of me feels like I'm in a vise and it's being slowly tightened. It's just muscle (all over) and incision pain, but right now it's wicked. Guess I'll have my DIL get that prescription for pain meds filled that I said yesterday that I didn't need. I know it will get better with each passing day, and I'm just so glad to be out of the hospital. Absolutely wonderful doc, but the hospital staff and service and care sucks. I guess that's what you get with the huge teaching hospitals, as compared to the smaller community hospitals. That's been my past experience anyway and it hasn't changed. :mad:

So now I'm on the road back and hoping that it isn't too long a journey. I'll just take it a little bit each day until I'm where I should be. I don't go back for my first post-op visit till 12/28, and I'm not allowed a shower since I can't get the incision area wet. Isn't that lovely??? I can take cat baths, but I need to figure how to wash my hair since I can't bend over to even wash it in the sink. Maybe the dry shampoo??? At least I have short hair so It's not as much of an issue that long hair would be.

So again - thanks for all of the prayers and good wishes. Can you keep them coming for a while please?

And thanks to Maggie, Gretchen and Tracey for the get well and Christmas cards. I'm so glad to see that Pinot has a new Mousie friend in time for the holidays. :D And Tracey - love that Kitty Tree! :love:

Freedom
12-13-2010, 07:23 AM
Ellie, keep on healing!

Oh DO get the pain meds! I am such a wimp when it comes to pain, I have NO tolerance for it at all. They always say the day (or 2 even 3) are the worst. Dealing with pain slows your body's ability to address healing.

Prayers continue from RI.

wombat2u2004
12-13-2010, 07:31 AM
Hang in there old mate ;)
Just take those pain meds as long as you want. You've put up with enuf pain already, not much use putting up with more.

Medusa
12-13-2010, 07:57 AM
Pain meds = good. :) Glad you're doing better, Ellie. Better and better every day......

Bonny
12-13-2010, 08:25 AM
That dry shampoo works really well, we used it on my mom when she was in the hosptial. Glad to hear the surgery was a success, those pain meds will make a world of difference for you. :)

pomtzu
12-13-2010, 10:18 AM
That dry shampoo works really well, we used it on my mom when she was in the hosptial. Glad to hear the surgery was a success, those pain meds will make a world of difference for you. :)

If I get desperate, I'll have DIL pick up some dry shampoo and give it a try.

Hard pain killers = legally loopy! Love it! :p:D

Grace
12-13-2010, 10:25 AM
How long before you can shower? Things sure are different from when I had my surgery - or maybe it's just a difference in the doctors. I was able to shower the very next day - and I did.

pomtzu
12-13-2010, 10:58 AM
How long before you can shower? Things sure are different from when I had my surgery - or maybe it's just a difference in the doctors. I was able to shower the very next day - and I did.

Not until after the staples come out on the 28th. YUK!!! Guess there's too much possibility of infection that they are trying to avoid. Of course, I can still have DIL put plastic over the dressing and tape it real good and get a quickie shower. Who's to know other than me, DIL, and my shower??? :p

krazyaboutkatz
12-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Ellie, I'm glad to hear that you're now home and that your surgery went well.:) Hopefully you'll now heal up quickly without being in too much pain. I'm glad that you liked the Christmas card. Now you can see Ziggy's little face any time you want.:) Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Grace
12-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Not until after the staples come out on the 28th. YUK!!! Guess there's too much possibility of infection that they are trying to avoid. Of course, I can still have DIL put plastic over the dressing and tape it real good and get a quickie shower. Who's to know other than me, DIL, and my shower??? :p

Yikes - even with staples in my head, after my crani, I was able to wash my hair and shower within 2 days. In fact they wanted me to shampoo to get all the blood out of my hair.

I would definitely do the plastic with tape. There is waterproof tape you can get that will keep it out, and facing the shower will help.

I didn't have staples after my back surgery - dissolvable sutures were used.

pomtzu
12-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Yikes - even with staples in my head, after my crani, I was able to wash my hair and shower within 2 days. In fact they wanted me to shampoo to get all the blood out of my hair.

I would definitely do the plastic with tape. There is waterproof tape you can get that will keep it out, and facing the shower will help.

I didn't have staples after my back surgery - dissolvable sutures were used.

LOL - do docs even know how to "suture" any more?? Staple guns are so much easier. ;) It's kinda like doing the lost art of math in your head - why go to the extra work when you have a calculator? :rolleyes::D

cassiesmom
12-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Ellie, keep on healing!

Oh DO get the pain meds! I am such a wimp when it comes to pain, I have NO tolerance for it at all. They always say the day (or 2 even 3) are the worst. Dealing with pain slows your body's ability to address healing.

Prayers continue from RI.

Agree agree agree! When I worked with total joint replacement patients we always tried to help them stay ahead of their pain. I'm a big wimp with pain too.

Pembroke_Corgi
12-13-2010, 12:11 PM
I hope you recover very quickly and the surgery will help the issue. I hope you get the pain medicine soon, I can't imagine not having it!

Alysser
12-13-2010, 03:05 PM
I am so sorry I have yet to reply to this thread, Pom. I hope you recover quickly, and hope you can take a shower soon. I can't imagine going that long without one. :eek: