PDA

View Full Version : Mouthy *Semi graphic Photos* Sister wants to declaw her *I need someone to take her!

Anikaca77
12-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Yesterday I had to leave work early due to an appt. and it's good thing I did. My sister called me a little before 4:30 p.m. saying that she just got home and there is blood on her floor and some of it looked like it was puked up.

She was really scared and I was as well. She said that Mouthy had blood on her feet and I asked where she could meet me because she doesn't have the money right now to take her to the vets so I was going to take her regardless and see what I could do.

My sister called me after she got Mouthy in the cat carrier and said that her finger went through her skin and there was blood all over. I tried to calm her down first and told her I was going to call the vets but for her to get into the car and start driving.

I called the vets after my sister called me and told me that and they called my sister to get more information.

My sister then called me back and said that this is probably not an emergency if the blood stops then she should be able to make it the rest of the night just fine.

I meet my sister around 6 p.m. and I took a look at Mouthy and she was alert which I was glad to see. There wasn't any blood coming from the wound just wet/dried blood.

I got home around 8 p.m. got her set up in the bathroom and gave her some can food and she went to town. She was able to sit up and purr :)

There was no blood draining from her leg and she was able to walk around a bit. I had to go out and get more can food and cat litter since I wasn't prepared at all for this.

I watched her like crazy last night and this morning she was doing just about the same and I took her to the vets at 7:45 a.m.

The vet called me around 9 a.m. and told me that she would like to sedate her and shave that area because she can't see the opening very clear due to the dried blood and I told her that would be fine. She thinks she may have 3 spots that are bleeding but she isn't sure. She said that it might need a drain put in but she will check it out. I mentioned to her that my sister saw a scab on her foot after she got her back from being lost in Allentown and that there is a part on her leg that is somewhat swollen compared to her other leg. The vet said she will look at that as well.

Here is the link originally about the stray kitties out in my sister's place and then about how Mouthy got loose and how we got her back.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=164292

Melissa

catmandu
12-02-2010, 09:26 AM
We are sure that Our Pet Talker Awesome Angels will be there to make Mouthy more comfortable :):):) and to comfort her while she is in a cage in a strange place.:cool::cool::cool:
We are All Prayiong that Mouthy will be home soon so she can celebrate Pet Mas with you and Your Family.:love::love::love::love:

lvpets2002
12-02-2010, 10:19 AM
:( Oh no poor baby.. Sure hope she heals soon & is not in pain.. Sending lots of Prayers & Huggss..

Catty1
12-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Sounds like the abcess keeps swelling up and then draining again. Hope the vet can give her a shot of Convenia and really get it healing.

Prayers for dear little Mouthy. :love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
12-02-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about this.:( Hopefully your vet can fix her up so she can begin to heal properly. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

phesina
12-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Prayers for little Mouthy, and for you and your sister too, Melissa.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} and ~~~~~PURRS~~~~~,
Pat and cats

GILL
12-02-2010, 02:57 PM
All our prayers are with Mouthy and you

Anikaca77
12-02-2010, 03:07 PM
I just spoke with the vet tech and they said that she had to have a drain put in and several stitches as well. She has an ecollar on now :( poor girl, they gave her another antibotic shot, (they gave her 2 last Friday plus a pain relever) I will be getting her after work today. Poor girl.

Please continue the prays that she will heal well from this.

Melissa

lvpets2002
12-02-2010, 04:16 PM
:love: Aweee poor wittle one.. Give her Huggss & Whisker Kissess from us.. Sending Lot of Prayers that she heals fast & is in no pain..

cassiesmom
12-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Continued prayers for Mouthy!

Taz_Zoee
12-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Awww, poor Mouthy. I hope she heals up soon.
And your poor sister! I would have been so freaked out having that happen.
Thank you for taking care of this kitty Melissa. :)

Laura's Babies
12-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Goodness, to walk in your house and see all that blood had to frighten your poor sister to near death.. I know when Boo's abscess ruptures, it made a terriable mess, blood everywhere and blood all over her.. Scared Rie to panic mode but she was smart and call the vet first, then called me. She made a appointment to bring her in the next moring but I told her "NO! Pack her up and take her then and leave her overnight".. Scared the pants off of me too, I was on the road, on my way home from the boat and knew it would be late night when I got home..I was already tired and knew I couldn't deal with it when I got home if she had gotten worse...still had about 7 more hours before I would have gotten home. That way, we BOTH rested that night! So, I don't have to imagine how your sister felt... I KNOW!

3Catcondo
12-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Feel better soon Mouthy, you sure are a cutie!

Anikaca77
12-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Poor Mouthy....I couldn't believe what I saw when I was at the vets last night waiting to pick up Mouthy.

They had me go into a room where her cat carrier was and her blankets but no Mouthy....they said they wanted to bring her in so I could go over everything with the vets.....

I waited only a few minutes and they brought Mouthy into me and I was SHOCKED! I had no idea she would be cut that much or what happened...they said that it was a good thing they had her sedated because when she started to shave off the dried blood hair the dead skin came off and exposed a big hole...poor Mouthy....she said she had to clip away all the dead skin and then she noticed up a little higher on her leg that there was another abcess starting...so she put a drain in and cleaned her up and stitched her back together....I couldn't believe my eyes...I've never seen anything like this...

The drain tube actually doesn't drain much blood through it, the vet said the idea is to keep a hole open in her skin under so that the blood/puss can drain out and it's doing a good job. Poor girl has to be caged though when we are not home or watching her because she is not supposed to be jumping or doing very much.

Last night she was such a trooper, she doesn't really like the cage but hopefully it will only be until she has the drain out and maybe a few days after that. I didn't go to bed last night till after midnight then I woke up at 3 a.m. because she was meowing (that's why we call her Mouthy) and I went and she had her litter (I had to get her Yesterday's Newspaper Litter) which wasn't as messy as it could have been but I had to change the sheets in there for her and clean up everything and I tried to go back to sleep but I had a hard time doing so.

I finally went back to sleep and got up around 6 a.m. and found out that she messed up the cage again...so I had to change it again, I have a lot of laundry to do tonight.

I've attached some photos of her poor leg.

Please continue the prays that her leg heals well.

Thanks,
Melissa

lvpets2002
12-03-2010, 10:06 AM
:( OMG your right that is a bigg spot on her legg.. Poor baby girl.. Hopefully the Vet has it all cleaned out & That the healing can start begining..You do have her on pain meds right?? Now is she on Antibiotics now too??
Sending Lots of Prayers & Huggss.. Try to get some rest too Melissa..

krazyaboutkatz
12-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Wow! That is a large area.:( I know it's hard to keep the cage clean and hopefully she'll settle down. I hope she'll heal up quickly without any more problems. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

katladyd
12-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Poor Mouthy! I hope she gets better soon and never risks "the great outdoors" again.:love:

phesina
12-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Oh.. my... gosh....

God bless you, Melissa! And may you heal up comfortably soon, dearest little Mouthy!

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

Anikaca77
12-03-2010, 01:44 PM
:( OMG your right that is a bigg spot on her legg.. Poor baby girl.. Hopefully the Vet has it all cleaned out & That the healing can start begining..You do have her on pain meds right?? Now is she on Antibiotics now too??
Sending Lots of Prayers & Huggss.. Try to get some rest too Melissa..

Yes she was give 2 antibotics about a week ago and they gave her pain meds yesterday and I'm giving her pain meds twice a day for a few days.

:) Thanks for the prays! I'll try once the drain is out

Medusa
12-03-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm so sorry I missed this, Melissa. Between my cell phone and my computer, I don't know which has been giving me more grief. That abscess is twice the size of Creamsicle's, poor little girl. Creamy is healing nicely and I'm sure now that Mouthy will, too. It's rough when they have to wear the collar but Creamy was lucky this time. Well, Mouthy is on the mend and that's what's important. Prayers going up from Ohio.....

dehlers43
12-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Oh the poor baby! How lucky she is to have been found again....with a wound like that it is unlikely she would have survived without the great care she is getting....
Sending meows and purrs from Chelsea and Franklin....:love:

Anikaca77
12-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Mouthy is at the vets today to have her drain removed! :)

The vet called and said that everything is looking good and they removed the drain. Poor girl...I hope it didn't hurt her.

Next week she will have her stitches out....the stuff this girl has gone through...and yet she is so friendly!

She really just wants to be around people. If anyone here would love a friendly cat let me know :)

Thank you all for the prays!
Melissa

phesina
12-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Oh, what a sweetie! So glad she is recovering and doing better every day.

Continuing prayers and good wishes and healing energies, and LOADS of love!

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

cassiesmom
12-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Melissa, how is Mouthy doing? Could you give her a pet for me?

Anikaca77
12-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Hi Everyone-

Mouthy has been doing so well since her drain was removed.

Tomorrow (Monday) she will get her stitches out and then she will spend x-mas with us and then she will be heading back to stay with my sister. Mouthy is currently looking for her forever home and would love to find a place to stay.

She isn't fixed yet, we would like to give her body a little time to heal from the infection and everything.

If you know of anyone that would love a very sweet cat please send give them my e-mail address [email protected]

Thanks!
Melissa

I've attached some photos of Mouthy without her drain :)

lvpets2002
12-13-2010, 12:46 PM
:love: WoW she looks very good.. I guess it does not bother her to lay on that side.. Congrats baby girl for healing so good..

cassiesmom
12-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Aww, Miss Mouthy! Big prayers for you for healing, and a loving forever home!

phesina
12-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Oh, she looks so good.. healing up nicely, and looking so content!

Anikaca77
12-13-2010, 07:35 PM
I spoke with my sister tonight and she is supposed to take Mouthy back after X-mas because we just don't really have the room for her here.....well my sister who has 4 declawed cats told me that if she is going to take Mouthy then she is going to get her fixed and declawed. I asked her if she plans on keeping her and she said no.

I told her you can't declaw her and then give her to someone else and she said everyone wants a declawed cat, of course I told her I don't.

I told her then Mouthy will have to stay here then because she is a year old or so and to me that just isn't right.

I hope I don't upset anyone else here but I'm kinda in a pickle here, I can't keep Mouthy and I have posted for her to find a forever home but I was hoping it would be very soon or at least Mouthy would be at my sisters but now that just isn't going to happen.

My other girl cat who sprays occasionally decided to let me know how ticked off she is by peeing on a brand new cat bed that was on our bed, luckily I was siting there and could move the bed before it soaked through.

I really need to find Mouthy a forever home, one where someone won't let her outside or let her go out at all unless in a cat carrier.

Melissa

columbine
12-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Damn! What a situation. Thank you for sparing Mouthy the torture of declawing - wish I could do more to help. You're a tiger among humans. :love:

Love, Columbine

Sonia59
12-16-2010, 02:24 AM
I hope Mouthy finds a home soon. She deserves it. :love:
For me declawing is something I will never understand, whatever explanations people are giving. In Europe, we don't declaw as you probably know, unless it is for medical reasons. Vets just don't do it on simple request. I wish it would be the same in the US and that everyone would understand.

Anikaca77
12-16-2010, 08:46 AM
I hope Mouthy finds a home soon. She deserves it. :love:
For me declawing is something I will never understand, whatever explanations people are giving. In Europe, we don't declaw as you probably know, unless it is for medical reasons. Vets just don't do it on simple request. I wish it would be the same in the US and that everyone would understand.

Me too, I wish they wouldn't do it here...but I just have to work on finding her a place to go.