PDA

View Full Version : Rain please stop...

happylabs
12-01-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm sitting at home today because of the heavy rains and am worrying about getting water in the basement. I already have a lake in my yard and driveway which is approaching the house. :eek:

I'm scared and nervous. Every once in a while the power goes off and on. If the power goes out I am in big trouble. Prayers needed!!!

chocolatepuppy
12-01-2010, 10:44 AM
I hope it stops raining there for you! Our rain stopped here, it turned to snow!;) I was starting to worry about the rain too.

Karen
12-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Prayers you stay safe and warm and dry!

Freedom
12-01-2010, 11:14 AM
What Karen said -- from RI !

pomtzu
12-01-2010, 12:09 PM
I don't have a basement to worry about, but walking outside in the yard is like walking on a sponge ! ! ! It was like monsoon season suddenly hit. Thankfully I think the rain is done as it is getting much brighter out now. All of the wind will help to dry it up too, even if those temps are taking a dive. It's gonna feel like winter tomorrow after being somewhat balmy today.

Hope you're seeing a break now too, Helen.

lvpets2002
12-01-2010, 12:53 PM
:) Aaaa Hello Over Here in Texas.. Could you please send the rain over here to us.. We are so so dry right now..

Hey you stay warm & dry ok..

happylabs
12-01-2010, 01:12 PM
:) Aaaa Hello Over Here in Texas.. Could you please send the rain over here to us.. We are so so dry right now..

Hey you stay warm & dry ok..

I would gladly do that if I could! Someone should invent an airplane or jet that can pump up excess water from one place and transport it to a place that needs the rain.

Here's a couple photos of my property leading into the neighbor's field.

Also a video if I can get it to post here.

http://www.facebook.com/happylabs?v=app_2392950137#!/video/video.php?v=1501394855911

*LabLoverKEB*
12-01-2010, 06:00 PM
I hope the rain slows down significantly for you soon! That is quite a pond in your neighbors property! I have an auntie who lives in a very, very rural part of Oregon, and that have quite a bit of property, and it rains A LOT in OR, and the field(s) they have get so pond-like!
Forgot to add that I really like your idea of an airplane/helicopter that pumps rain water from somewhere that has too much to an area that could benefit from it! :)