PDA

View Full Version : Hooray for good grades...:-D *Update, two more good grades!*

DJFyrewolf36
11-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Hey all,

I got a perfect (well near perfect, I missed points because I forgot to number the pages :rolleyes: ) score on an essay I wrote for a class recently. I posted it up on my blog because I am really proud of it. I haven't done academic writing in YEARS so getting this A was a real boost to my confidence.

it is here (http://denowolfness.blogspot.com/2010/11/life-lessons-in-video-games.html) if anyone wants to read it. (Warning: it's kind of dry, lol)

Just had to share my joy with you guys!

Oh and I should get an A in this class too...which is awesome because the professor is notorious for being really picky. :D

Karen
11-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Hey, maybe posting on Pet Talk has helped your writing skills! ;) Congrats, anyway!

Lilith Cherry
11-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Well done !! Just shows what you can do if you if you put your mind :)to it!

Vette
11-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Wow. my eyes are kinda wacko cuz i read your whole page. LOL weird how reading something with a dark background for a while can tend to do that.

anywho,, i found the read rather interesting an can see why you got a A on it. very well thought out an also very well written.

an thank you very much for posting that as well as choosing videos games as being your subject. next person that says video games is bad imma give them that link LOL

smokey the elder
12-01-2010, 07:22 AM
That's great! One of the great peeves in the business world is folks coming out of college who cannot write well.

Freedom
12-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Great job!

Alysser
12-01-2010, 10:19 AM
I found that to be quite the interesting read! It was very good, I see why you got an A.:D You brought up ALOT of good points to. So I'm just curious, are you going for the mechanic field still? Just wondering!

Thanks for educating some people on video games, I am tired of adults who claim I don't have a "grasp" on the difference between reality and fantasy and I'm going to go psycho any minute because I play violent video games. Yeah, I'm gonna take the wand from my Harry Potter games and 'avada kadabra' everyone. :rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
12-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Thank you, everyone! :D

As for my future college plans, I'm now undecided again :rolleyes:. I'm still thinking about going into something technical, but I'm noticing that I really enjoy dealing with media production (the set up end of things, lighting, sound etc). I may try to get a job with or volunteer for a theater company just to get some real world experience. I may also look at internships with the news stations or with the public access station.

DJFyrewolf36
12-22-2010, 07:43 PM
I got my other two papers back and got As on them both! I posted them on my blog, the link is in my signature.

Feel free to read and comment. I am really interested in comments on the Depression paper. Also, if there are any venues you think that sort of thing would be good for, I'd like to know.

Thanks for reading! :)