PDA

View Full Version : Saying "Good-Bye" to a wonderful friend!

Desert Arabian
10-28-2002, 05:36 PM
Oh my! This is going to be hard for me to type-but I gotta do it!

Tomorrow my wonderful pal will be leaving me :( :( :( :( At 4:20 we made Oreo an appointment to be put to sleep. I really wish I didn't have to do this. To me it seems odd to call up and book your pet to be killed. It's just not right- but obviously it is needed in some cases. When I sit here and think about it, it makes me more and more mad and sad. I really don't want her to leave me! I don't! I don't! I don't! I just hope she has fun up in Ratty Heaven- she can play with Skittles, and her tumor will fall off of her, and she will be free of that !@#*%^&#$%^#&$(@#$%@#% tumor. She can eat all the cucumbers, carrots, apples, baby food, noodles, corn pops, seeds, meat, dandelion leaves (etc) that she wants, and she will never get fat. She won't be confined to a cage, but won't have to worry about predators.

I mainly would like to say:

"Thank you Oreo for being a wonderful wonderful pal! I love you so much, I hope you have lots of fun- til we meet again. I am sorry you had to suffer, I sure do love you honey! I will never forget you! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX, by the way- when we go up to the cottage, it is going to be lonely up there with out you!"

Cookiebaker
10-28-2002, 05:39 PM
Yellowlablover, I am so sad for you!!! :( There is probably nothing I can say that will make you feel any better, but I will be thinking of you & your special Oreo tomorrow. I hope that you can find sympathy & comfort....:(

trisha0503
10-28-2002, 05:42 PM
Our prayers are with you and Oreo :(

AmberLee
10-28-2002, 05:44 PM
Will be holding you and little Oreo in our thoughts and prayers.

lynnestankard
10-28-2002, 05:47 PM
You and Oreo are both in my thoughts for tomorrow - you're doing such a kindess to dear Oreo, be brave for her xxxxx.

Lynne

RockyRoad
10-28-2002, 05:50 PM
Awwwwwwww!! Poor Oreo! That must have been weird to call up a person and schedule a time for your pet to die. I'm so sorry!! Up there he can meet all of my gerbils, hamsters, and piggies, and he will have a jam! Maybe he will join that Rainbow Bridge Pet Talk our pets have made up! I bet you gave Oreo the best last-day of his life ever! Bye Oreo! I'll miss you!

Miss Meow
10-28-2002, 06:15 PM
I'm so sorry to read this message. I know that you've been thinking about this for a while, but it won't make it any easier for you tomorrow. We will all be thinking of you and Oreo.

Nicole

popcornbird
10-28-2002, 07:23 PM
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( Poor Oreo! I'm so sorry and I know that words will not help heal your sorrow. You did the best for Oreo throughout his life. He would die anyway in the state that he is in, and since it is hard to find a cure for this, I hope you are doing what's best to end his suffering. Give him lots and lots of last day treats, hugs, love, and best wishes on his journey back to God, on his very last day. I'm so sorry!!!!!

Aspen and Misty
10-28-2002, 07:39 PM
O I'm so sorry! I'm glad you are helping her out and she will have the best time in Heaven. She will wait for you forever and when you go to join her she will thankyou for all your love. May god bless you and Oreo tomrrow.

Ash

sammi
10-28-2002, 08:45 PM
I give you my sympathy and comfort also. You are doing what is right for your Oreo putting his comfort before yours. Bless you.

Logan
10-28-2002, 10:06 PM
:( This is going to be tougher on you than it is on Oreo. I'm just so sorry that you're having to go through it. It is never, never easy, but I just know that Oreo has had a good life with you, and you are doing what is best for him. That is the most unselfish thing we can do as pet lovers. :(

anna_66
10-28-2002, 10:08 PM
:(So sorry you have to do this, but it sounds like it's what's best for Oreo. We will be here if you need us & you'll be in our thoughts on your hard day.

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-29-2002, 06:28 AM
Oreo will be in my thoughts today. You are doing a very selfless thing by letting him go and ending his suffering. Lil Oreo will wontinue to live on in your memories of all the fun times you had together.

10-29-2002, 08:49 AM
This is making me so sad too ! But , it is the best you can do for little Oreo ! No more pain , no more troubles for the poor one ; at the Rainbow Bridge , every day is filled with fun !
Bye , sweet Oreo http://adwoff.com/ubb/graemlins/angel.gif

Nomilynn
10-29-2002, 04:48 PM
I'm sorry that Oreo has to leave you :( But at least he will feel no more pain! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Desert Arabian
10-29-2002, 05:32 PM
Oreo was put to sleep today at 4:40 pm. We are going to bury her in the garden by her good pal Skittles. Thank you all for posting such kind caring heart-felt responses. I greatly appreciated it!

Laura

jenluckenbach
10-29-2002, 06:20 PM
Oreo, sweet Oreo, soon you will be free.
Free of pain and dicomfort, free to be young and healthy again.
Those here on earth will miss you, sweet one
but you will wait by the rainbow bridge to one day be reunited with the ones that love you so very much.

I know the pain of an appointment with death.. All our prauers are with you and your sweet rattie. Sometimes the right thing, is the hardest thing of all.
I share your saddness.

Cataholic
10-29-2002, 07:27 PM
I am so sorry for your pain. I know you loved Oreo so much, and you did the most loving thing that is possible, you ended the suffering. Now, you have a special place in the backyard to visit. My prayers are with you. ;)

sammi
10-29-2002, 10:46 PM
We are thinking of you tonight.

kingrattus
10-29-2002, 10:54 PM
Ask Oreo to say hi to my Mike while shes in rattie heaven, here goes the water works again. :( :( :(

ownerof3dogs
10-29-2002, 11:12 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Just think Oreo is happy once again

jenluckenbach
10-31-2002, 07:52 AM
How are you doing?? Your signature picture with Oreo and the poem are a wonderful tribute. Just try to remember all the good things about Oreo and soon the pain of loss will turn into the gift of memory.